Patch 1.2 info and more...

General discussions about the games by Egosoft including X-BTF, XT, X², X³: Reunion, X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

Omicron
x2

Post by Omicron » Wed, 17. Dec 03, 18:37

sterling work!

a big thanks to the entire ego team, i got my game yesterday, and am still marvelling at the sheer size, beauty and depth of the game you have created. Great work on getting a patch out so soon too!

so far the game has been running pretty well on my comp, apart from the odd stutter here and there. Hopefully this patch will send the game into heights of perfection on my system!:D

cheers again, and keep up the good work!

P.S: ive noticed a lot of negative things on the forum about the game, threads such as 'this game is TERRIBLE' should not be listened to. i feel for the entire ego team for putting their game, which they have worked tirelessly on, only to have childish negativity like that. listen not to them guys, for they no not what they say!!!

:D:D:D
Animated signature removed - Abyss
[ external image ]

Button1

Post by Button1 » Wed, 17. Dec 03, 19:04

Omicron wrote:P.S: ive noticed a lot of negative things on the forum about the game, threads such as 'this game is TERRIBLE' should not be listened to. i feel for the entire ego team for putting their game, which they have worked tirelessly on, only to have childish negativity like that. listen not to them guys, for they no not what they say!!!
Read that topic, it's not what it seems.. :wink:

WetWarev7
x3tc

Post by WetWarev7 » Wed, 17. Dec 03, 19:13

Great work Egosoft!!! A top-notch game, and top-notch support to boot!!!
You've got my respect......
.natrix wrote:About that "piracy"

I live in the country(Lithuania) where is IMPOSSIBLE to get legal versions of the games, unless after about 1-2 years when the game was released. i cant buy games from auctions or online shops because theres NO WAY to deliver that game to my living place. So the piracy is the last chance for me to try great games such as X2.
Yeah im feeling really horrible because im cheating but I promise, im gonna buy legal version of X2(when it appears in Lithuania) cos i love this game.
There is NO justification NOR rationalization for stealing. Period.
My X2 mods:
Pirate Scanner(X2)
Have Scanner-Will Travel(X2)
WetWare's Ship Tweaks(X2)

Bandus
x4

Post by Bandus » Wed, 17. Dec 03, 19:32

While I'm totally against piracy, lets stop and think for a moment people. What would YOU do if YOU lived in a country that didn't allow you to buy computer games when they were released? It's easy for you to say "No justification for piracy, period." But with all due respect, thats because your sitting happily in your home/work playing your newly bought copy of the game. I am as legal as legal can be, but admitedly my heart goes out to fans of games that want to be a member of the community but are unable to due to their geographical situation.

As an end note:
Not one of us is qualified enough to judge the other, so can we please just let this thread stay on what it was meant to be about? Patch information.

TTFN!

WetWarev7
x3tc

Post by WetWarev7 » Wed, 17. Dec 03, 19:41

Bandus wrote:While I'm totally against piracy, lets stop and think for a moment people. What would YOU do if YOU lived in a country that didn't allow you to buy computer games when they were released? It's easy for you to say "No justification for piracy, period." But with all due respect, thats because your sitting happily in your home/work playing your newly bought copy of the game. I am as legal as legal can be, but admitedly my heart goes out to fans of games that want to be a member of the community but are unable to due to their geographical situation.
TTFN!
No. :P There are a lot of things I'd love to do, but are illegal. (i.e. we don't have the autobahn(sp?) here)
As an end note:
Not one of us is qualified enough to judge the other, so can we please just let this thread stay on what it was meant to be about? Patch information.
Agreed :) Sorry, it was back on topic, and I kinda got carried away. :oops:
My X2 mods:
Pirate Scanner(X2)
Have Scanner-Will Travel(X2)
WetWare's Ship Tweaks(X2)

Omicron
x2

Post by Omicron » Wed, 17. Dec 03, 20:31

Button1 wrote:
Omicron wrote:P.S: ive noticed a lot of negative things on the forum about the game, threads such as 'this game is TERRIBLE' should not be listened to. i feel for the entire ego team for putting their game, which they have worked tirelessly on, only to have childish negativity like that. listen not to them guys, for they no not what they say!!!
Read that topic, it's not what it seems.. :wink:
lol, just saw, but my statement still stands for negative post/rants.....

well, just dloaded my patch, and im now running the game really quite comfortably at 1024x768x32 with everything on (yes, even shadows!!!!)
i still get the odd stutter, but i have a feeling my RAM (256 pitiful i know:D) is bottlenecking my system... i'll see soon enough i guess when i get some more....

great work ego, heres to even more updates in the future....
Animated signature removed - Abyss
[ external image ]

.natrix

Post by .natrix » Wed, 17. Dec 03, 20:53

Bandus wrote:While I'm totally against piracy, lets stop and think for a moment people. What would YOU do if YOU lived in a country that didn't allow you to buy computer games when they were released? It's easy for you to say "No justification for piracy, period." But with all due respect, thats because your sitting happily in your home/work playing your newly bought copy of the game. I am as legal as legal can be, but admitedly my heart goes out to fans of games that want to be a member of the community but are unable to due to their geographical situation.

As an end note:

TTFN!

thanks, it looks like someone understands me.

btw, actually i dont need that patch, game runs good enough without it. hehe, im one of these guys who never experienced game freezes, crashes or other serious bugs. I have only weak FPS, but thats my main processors fault. :)

Met
x3tc

Re: Patch 1.1 info and more...

Post by Met » Wed, 17. Dec 03, 21:14

Bernd wrote:- We can make sure that each customer always gets the correct version of the patch. Now already there are two version but very soon we will have a really huge amount of different patch versions. The registration keys allow us to always offer only those patches you really need.
First i may thank you for your info

I am waiting for the german version, too (ive ordered it already here in the shop), but how do i get the german patch? I am not able to fill out the profile with two (or more :)) reg-keys!

Met, really enjoing X²

Thalass
x2

Post by Thalass » Wed, 17. Dec 03, 21:55

hehe. People have to understand that piracy is not a bad thing, not entirely. As long as it's not against Egosoft. :P

Just downloaded the patch... about to play! :D
Legitimate Businessman. Honest.

moore+
x2

Post by moore+ » Thu, 18. Dec 03, 03:48

As an end note:

TTFN!
I wouldn't live there, duh. I like games. People move to new countries all the freakin' time, and if you can't even import a video game there due to freaky laws or ass-tastic economy, then there are plenty of (non-trivial/gaming) reasons to move. I buy games that arent released in my country all the time, you pay a bit more, sometimes, but wtf, you want the game or not? You want it, buy it, any way you can. Stealing is lame and shows weak-ass character. And yes, I've been unable to afford food/movies/games/music before in my life and guess what? I didn't steal anything, I got hungry and I got bored until I earned some dough and bought food and entertainment.

-TD-13-
x3

Post by -TD-13- » Thu, 18. Dec 03, 04:11

Ahem.... lets keep the piracy talk down a little bit? This topic is mainly for patch information, not a debate about whether piracy is wrong or right, under certain situations or not. This is about patch information! Thanks. :)

My comments about the patch.....

:o WOWY WOW WOW WOW!!!!! :o

Got the patch, was a little hesitant installing it, fearing that the price changes would effect my enterprise to much. (nope not really, actually made it better!)

And the game ran soooooo smooth!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
And thats with everything except shadows on. So then I decided what the heck and turned on the shadows- HOLY ARGNU!!!! :o
The shadows didn't slow anything down, ran just as smooth!! And now the game looks FREAK'n AMAZING. These have to be the best graphics I have ever seen in a game. :D (Check out my PCs specs in my sig) Not only have nearly all of the bugs ironed out (None for me anyway! Everything works perfectly!) but the game plays and runs beautifully. (Yay! Off To Ore Belt!) I am in shock. :o

Way to go Egosoft and Beta Team! You guys are #1 in my book. :thumb_up:
For all that the patch fixed, it sure came fast. Excellent work!!

So happy!!! :D :D

Well, back to X2. :D

3iff
x2

Post by 3iff » Thu, 18. Dec 03, 09:24

I also have to add that I am very impressed with the 1.1 patch. No problems in installing it, although I spent two abortive attempts trying to dock all my ships and set the prices within bounds. I did miss one energy price but nothing bad happened.

One thing I did notice was that station ships outside the permitted jump radius just sat there. I had to manually order them home (or closer to home) before they would activate. It might be an idea that if they found themselves too far from home they would attempt to get back within the jump radius. I see problems if a player decreases the jump radius manually from say 4 sectors to 2.

Pleased to see the sector defence react to the khaak (rather than kill my ships).

Mouse control is still poor though. I have to use the keyboard and it's terribly hard trying to keep the enemy on target. I have been able to shoot a few pirates though!

SHADOWKAT
x3

Post by SHADOWKAT » Thu, 18. Dec 03, 10:26

badtz

Post by badtz » Thu, 18. Dec 03, 12:02

Can people with all the bells and whistles take some screenshots for a poor guy with an athlon 1800 + gf2?

SteveMill
x4

Post by SteveMill » Thu, 18. Dec 03, 13:07

badtz wrote:Can people with all the bells and whistles take some screenshots for a poor guy with an athlon 1800 + gf2?
No - because once the shots are compressed they lose some of the shine and also its the combination of detail and animation that creates the wow factor. The patch has let me run in 1600 res with shadows on and the way light plays on the hull of factories rotating in the sunlight is magnificent.

Whatever my strong reservations about the poor combat model I have no hesitation in saying that X2 is the most beautiful game I've played. Stunning. :D

ZoKHiZ

Post by ZoKHiZ » Thu, 18. Dec 03, 17:36

when i updated my X2 the 01.Dat file got fragented... it is always in 3 fragments... why is this?

Aro
x4

Post by Aro » Thu, 18. Dec 03, 18:06

SteveMill wrote:
badtz wrote:Can people with all the bells and whistles take some screenshots for a poor guy with an athlon 1800 + gf2?
No - because once the shots are compressed they lose some of the shine and also its the combination of detail and animation that creates the wow factor. The patch has let me run in 1600 res with shadows on and the way light plays on the hull of factories rotating in the sunlight is magnificent.

Whatever my strong reservations about the poor combat model I have no hesitation in saying that X2 is the most beautiful game I've played. Stunning. :D
Um, can't take a shot in raw format then change it to a jpg with no loss? Some compression occurs without quality loss. Even digital cameras can do that... *looks at the 14mb uncompressed image the thing took*

normbates1
x2

Patch

Post by normbates1 » Thu, 18. Dec 03, 22:48

Where can I get the patch? I do not see a link on the "patch info" page. I also sont see anything on my personal profile page. Someone please give me a link.
Thanks.

CBJ
EGOSOFT
EGOSOFT
x4

Re: Patch

Post by CBJ » Thu, 18. Dec 03, 23:02

normbates1 wrote:Where can I get the patch? I do not see a link on the "patch info" page. I also sont see anything on my personal profile page. Someone please give me a link.
Thanks.
You need to register your game by entering the registration code into your profile. You will then have the necessary link from the downloads page to enable you to download the correct version of the patch. :)

giskard
xr

Post by giskard » Fri, 19. Dec 03, 15:50

Bernd:

I noticed that the download automatically selected the enlight version for me when i installed it. I had been expecting to see a long list of patches with Enlight, Aus and Koch listed or even install problems, so im happy at the new system. It really works and for the sake of a key registration and a transparant copy protection system in the CD I think its a small price to pay. Especially when worse forms of copy protection exist cough safedisk (they should state the copy protection system in the box as a warning i think in safedisks case, give me the option to avoid the game.).

However the current system is good.

Also as a customer of Egosoft since (reachs for the XBTF CD to get the release date) 1999 I would like to say to all those who have a spam problem that Egosoft have never spammed me without my concent.

I run a site and have a big spam problem my self, i even run anti spam software so im fully aware and familiar with the problem. Ive seen my own email addy faked by the sobig virus and get banned on most servers and many other problems.

What im saying here is ive experienced the nasty side of spammer first hand, its a reality for me and im extremely hostile towards spammers. I even make special email addresses for companies i suspect of spamming to find out if they are selling my email to others.

Egosoft have never fallen foul of that test in all the years ive been signed up for their news letter. I trust them completely and have experience of the benefits they offer customers after a games been released.

So when Bernd says the customer will benefit, im not just pleased but excited at what they will come up with. I know egosoft enough to take them at their word on stuff like this. It may not happen instantly but it will happen and i will enjoy what they come up with because ive never been disappointed so far.

However, should egosoft suddenly turn into a big spam house i'll be the first to let the other users know whats happening. I doubt it will ever happen though.

I know Egosofts a games developer but ive learnt that thinking of them in the same vain as Activition or EA is a mistake. We all know what they are like but Egosoft is a different ball game.

This is why many of us old XBTF players are still here and still get their news letters and other things. Egosoft has earned our trust over many years.

If any old regular of the egosoft forums disagrees with me please say so. Im not expecting anybody too disagree but you never know.

Giskard

Return to “X Trilogy Universe”