Question about Headquarters and UT's

General discussions about the games by Egosoft including X-BTF, XT, X², X³: Reunion, X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

mad_axeman
x3tc

Question about Headquarters and UT's

Post by mad_axeman » Thu, 11. Jan 07, 11:41

I'm just about to start using my first UT, and I've read of problems with them trading at your HQ and leaving goods you don't want or taking goods you want to keep.

Is there any way to stop your UT's from trading with your HQ? Both Buying and Selling.

I don't want to have to store everything in a TL as that defeats the purpose of having 500,000 units of storage space in the HQ and means I can't use the TL for anything.

(I've spent the last 20 minutes looking for a definitive answer and I can't seem to find one....)

kevenh
x3tc

Post by kevenh » Thu, 11. Jan 07, 12:04

The Dock Ware Manager from the Bonus Plugins helps.

And setting the price -1 unit also helps.

EDIT: Sorry, we 'hoped' the DWM would help with UT's but in the end it's for the CLS and CAG scripts - sorry.

Etolf
x3tc

Post by Etolf » Thu, 11. Jan 07, 12:17

it can be useful to get your UTs to buy and sell some stuff from your HQ... setting the price to average -1 will help to stop them doing things you dont want... then if you increase the price, they will bring things to the HQ, decrease the price and they will buy things from it...

RustyBayonet
x3tc

Post by RustyBayonet » Thu, 11. Jan 07, 12:23

I've noticed that, it's really irratating and what's worse is that UT's actually camp at my HQ and do nothing else - it's costing me a fortune in lost profit!. I'm going to script a solution I think.

jlehtone
x4

Post by jlehtone » Thu, 11. Jan 07, 13:00

Try the following:
- Set the HQ to not trade with others.
- Set prices to minimum.
- Transfer resources into HQ with CLS Mk1.
- Limit how much CLS can haul with the Dockware Manager command.

NPC cannot buy if trade is 'NO'.
UT will not bring in wares, because there is no profit.
It seemed to some like UT does not buy from HQ either.
Goner Pancake Protector X
Insanity included at no extra charge.
There is no Box. I am the sand.

Dunners
x3

Post by Dunners » Thu, 11. Jan 07, 13:11

RustyBayonet wrote:I've noticed that, it's really irratating and what's worse is that UT's actually camp at my HQ and do nothing else - it's costing me a fortune in lost profit!. I'm going to script a solution I think.
They may be camping there because your HQ does not have enough cash to buy what they are selling. I have had this problem. Got reid of all wares except the essential for ship building and dropped the prices so its not economical.

Dunners

Geggo
x3tc

Post by Geggo » Thu, 11. Jan 07, 14:27

jlehtone wrote:Try the following:
- Set the HQ to not trade with others.
- Set prices to minimum.
- Transfer resources into HQ with CLS Mk1.
- Limit how much CLS can haul with the Dockware Manager command.

NPC cannot buy if trade is 'NO'.
UT will not bring in wares, because there is no profit.
It seemed to some like UT does not buy from HQ either.
This setup has been working for me for almost 3 days (game time) now, there are some saying that even those setings won't work in their game but I sure have not seen anything leave my HQ unless I wanted.

there's also some speculation that UT's energy delivery may take advantage of the HQ's cheap energy but I haven't seen that either. (and even if it did happend I couldn't care less as I have so much energy overproduction in the supply complex near it that few 100 energy here and there wouldn't even register in the ammounts.)

The UT camping seems to happend when you have set price that attracts UT's but you don't have cash to buy what their selling.

Return to “X Trilogy Universe”