Hard ass Mothership mission anymore info??

General discussions about the games by Egosoft including X-BTF, XT, X², X³: Reunion, X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

ProdicalJedi
x4

Hard ass Mothership mission anymore info??

Post by ProdicalJedi » Mon, 22. Dec 03, 18:46

Hey forget the last thing i said OMG you cant reall tell me that thats the end of the game becuase im complaining really you cant tell me that

i jumped out of the sector with my "JUMP DRIVE" yay and then about 1 mazura after i did i got a message from danna telling me to get my ass back pritty much... so i thought screw him lol i just went to argon prime

then i got a message from the goverment (argon) and they blamed me for it pritty much so have i failed should i start the game again?

if thats the end then well im pritty pissed about that

KiwiNZ
x4

Post by KiwiNZ » Mon, 22. Dec 03, 21:16

The game is not over. You see the credits but after that you can continue in the open-ended part of the game. You lost your dad, though :cry:

The mission is actually not as hard as you'd think, just don't worry about the fighters and get on with the tasks that have been appointed to you. For as long as you stay very close to the M0 the fighters won't do you too much harm either. So get yourself a Strafe Drive if you haven't got one yet. :wink:

ScribbleJ
x3

Post by ScribbleJ » Mon, 22. Dec 03, 22:05

It is the end of the game either way - if you'd won the last mission you'd get an extra cutscene, but THAT IS IT.

The rest you have to use your imagination for. You can keep playing as long as you like, but with no goals, no rewards, and no plot, I don't see a lot of point.

Brianetta
x4

Post by Brianetta » Tue, 23. Dec 03, 00:26

scribble wrote:It is the end of the game either way - if you'd won the last mission you'd get an extra cutscene, but THAT IS IT.

The rest you have to use your imagination for. You can keep playing as long as you like, but with no goals, no rewards, and no plot, I don't see a lot of point.
I see the plot as a mere distraction, that gets in the way of me doing whatever I want.
PGP fingerprint: FA3D CA2F 38D3 BA69 87E1 D52E C204 FB5C 430A 0BFA

AJ Rimmer Bsc.Ssc.

Post by AJ Rimmer Bsc.Ssc. » Tue, 23. Dec 03, 00:33

same here...problem is there is NOTHING to do after plot.

could micro manage numbers to get some bigger ship,but then why?.
i can get about 15 mins on it lately before i drift off to tv to watch adverts.
quick flits here to see if theres anything new found.

do understand why so much was missed by b-testers though,since finding out HOW they test.

Bazza
x3tc

Post by Bazza » Tue, 23. Dec 03, 00:37

I see the plot as a completely wasted opportunity to attract a broader audience to the X series, particularly those people who have played many story driven RPGs...

It really hasn't been done particularly well in terms of implementation or length... The low level of equipment required to finish the plot doesn't give the player any incentive...

daeloki

Post by daeloki » Tue, 23. Dec 03, 00:52

bazza makes a good point, whilst x veterens like myself kinda see the plot as a diversion from the true goal of wiping out the boron, the average audience (of which egosoft are probably wanting to attract as many satisfied customers as possible - think X - OLU) are not neccesarily going to be similarly satisfied. Even if the plot had been as measly as freelancers it would have still been masses longer due to the enhanced trading aspects which could have interspersed it. X2 merely hints at what can be accomplished during the plot, i guess many people wont think enough for themselves and may be left feeling the game is a little empty, which we know is completely untrue.

Brianetta
x4

Post by Brianetta » Tue, 23. Dec 03, 00:58

AJ Rimmer Bsc.Ssc. wrote:same here...problem is there is NOTHING to do after plot.

could micro manage numbers to get some bigger ship,but then why?.
i can get about 15 mins on it lately before i drift off to tv to watch adverts.
quick flits here to see if theres anything new found.

do understand why so much was missed by b-testers though,since finding out HOW they test.
Exactly how did I test? I for one have divulged on the forum how I corroborated bugs that others found, but I think it's rather presumptious of you to state that the methods that I used were responsible for bugs getting missed.

And yes, I take attacks on the professionalism of the beta testers personally. If you dislike the game, you don't have to continue playing it. In fact, you should have no problem returning it as you haven't even used the registration key. If you do decide this game isn't for you, and the adverts really are more interesting, feel free to find another passtime.
PGP fingerprint: FA3D CA2F 38D3 BA69 87E1 D52E C204 FB5C 430A 0BFA

Huge Hobo
x2

Post by Huge Hobo » Tue, 23. Dec 03, 01:15

I'm guessing that the scripting will make up for it.

Just think how much content will be added, people will be creating missions by the hundreds, maybe even extending the story in their own way (albeit without the cutscenes I guess).

I have heard it is pretty flexible, I hope so, it will increase the life of this game ten fold if it is.

Of course I am only guessing hehe.

AJ Rimmer Bsc.Ssc.

Post by AJ Rimmer Bsc.Ssc. » Tue, 23. Dec 03, 01:27

well as my ideas on HOW ego testers tested have come from you,i cant argue.

you said yourself "i can only test what they give me"
and "each revision means a rush to accumulate wealth to test again"

does explain how bugs the size of mars "slipped" by.
take beta tester comments any way you feel is justified,if in doubt start a poll on users views of the testing of this release,that should clear that up.

and as for tickydisk crack then :lol:
registering for what?....
theres nothing to spoil and the bugs are game killers,not just small annoyances to be cured by a flit to tech forum.
[even though this game i have IS registered,the need for a tickydisk to show "loyalty" tends to choke when i try playing it]

also fun to see the last resort of an intelligent discourse is "na na na naa naaa" no tickydisk,must be a rip user :wink:

you should be ashamed,not insulted...
but thats MY opinion,and end user opinions mean what?

praise where praise is due....and a slap when its earned so well.

The_Abyss
x3

Post by The_Abyss » Tue, 23. Dec 03, 01:31

Sending the rant where it belongs... ↓
Strung out on Britain's high, hitting an all time low

Return to “X Trilogy Universe”