Ore/Silicon Wafers per asteroid yield formula in X2

General discussions about the games by Egosoft including X-BTF, XT, X², X³: Reunion, X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

azaghal
xr

Ore/Silicon Wafers per asteroid yield formula in X2

Post by azaghal » Fri, 30. Mar 07, 16:59

Well, I'm trying to figure out the formula used for the quantity/production time per asteroid yield for both silicon and ore mines. So, first of all, if you know the formula, let me know. If you don't, then before you build the next mine, check its yield rate, write it down, and after you build a mine on it write down the quantity produced per cycle as well as cycle time and post that info here. If possible, post in the following format:

Code: Select all

type/asteroid yield/quantity per cycle/cycle time
So, for example (this is trully just a random example, it wasn't taken from the game):

Code: Select all

silicon/64/2/00:01:14
ore/64/5/00:01:00
Mind the lowercase as well as the leading zeros, please. I'm interested only in X2 values (unless X3 uses the same formula). Thanks in advance ;)

P.S.
You might expect a nice OO.org spreadsheet from me in about a week or two with various station-related information :)

jlehtone
x4

Post by jlehtone » Fri, 30. Mar 07, 17:22

X2 has essentially the same formula as X3. X3 just has the Scale (M or L) added.

Look here. :wink:

LordSuch
x3

Post by LordSuch » Fri, 30. Mar 07, 17:50

From the Sector Planner FAQ
Work out the time it takes your mine to produce one product in seconds. I.e. if a mine produces 4 products in 3 minutes, each product takes 45 seconds seconds. Lets call this "prod_time".

If the mine is a silicon mine:
yield = ((25*96) / (prod_time-1)) - 1

If the mine is an ore mine:
yield = ((25*24) / (prod_time-1)) - 1
Therefore re-arranging for silicon....

prod_time = (25*96) / (yield+1) + 1

Remember this is the time to produce 1 unit, but the factory may produce several per cycle.

HTH

LS

azaghal
xr

Post by azaghal » Fri, 30. Mar 07, 18:10

jlehtone wrote:X2 has essentially the same formula as X3. X3 just has the Scale (M or L) added.

Look here. :wink:
Exactlly what I was looking for, thanks ;) Btw, what multiplier should I use for X2? 2?

jlehtone
x4

Post by jlehtone » Fri, 30. Mar 07, 19:19

Multiplier? If you mean Scale (or Fab_Size, as I have it in that document), that is naturally S (which are in the table therein), ie 1.

But you should have been able to deduce that with the help of LordSuch's comment. :P

azaghal
xr

Post by azaghal » Fri, 30. Mar 07, 20:30

Actually, I did deduce it (after 5-10 minutes of trifling with OO.org Calc) :P Well, I hope that spreadsheet will be interesting when I publish it ;)

Return to “X Trilogy Universe”