So I've gathered 1.5million credits (what do i do now?)

General discussions about the games by Egosoft including X-BTF, XT, X², X³: Reunion, X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

Herbert01000

So I've gathered 1.5million credits (what do i do now?)

Post by Herbert01000 » Sun, 24. Jun 07, 11:49

Sorry if this has been asked alot , im an absolute noob at this game , never played any other X-universe games , i have very low noteriety , so i cant buy stations ? i have no idea what noteriety is :P , can anyone tell me basically what to do?

Syndrome
x3tc

Post by Syndrome » Sun, 24. Jun 07, 12:23

Noteriety is how much a race likes you. It's just like reputation :wink:

Once you have 1.5 mil you probably want to start building factories. The question of 'what factory' is another discusion altogether.

You should be able to buy some factories, though. Could you explain in a bit more detail? To find your noteriety go to the 'pilot' submenu in the main menu or, alternatively, just press <p> iirc (if I remember correctly). Go to 'statistics'. Scroll down and you'll eventually come to you're noteriety with the races in the form of titles followed by percentages. The pilot menu also shows a lot of statistics about the player etc.

We'll just go from there :wink:

misioooo
x3tc

Post by misioooo » Sun, 24. Jun 07, 12:24

It is reputation of you amongst given race. To rise it you can do many things:
1. Kill pirates/xenon/khaak in this race sectors.
2. Do BBS missions (Bulletin Board - found on stations)
3. Just trade with that race (buy something from them and sell with profit to some other factory/station - you earn credits AND rise your notoriety).

To check your standings with races when sitting in cockpit in space press Enter -> Pilot -> Statistics. TRhere you can see your reputation amongst other Xverse races.

Electric_Kola
x3tc

Post by Electric_Kola » Sun, 24. Jun 07, 12:41

And to drop it, just kill them in their sectors

I've never been the sort who likes having maxed out rep with all races

also

Kill split in boron space = rep rise

Kill boron in split space = rep rise

Kill paranid in argon space = rep rise

Kill argon in paranid space = rep rise

and the teladi are in the middle :D

Herbert01000

Post by Herbert01000 » Sun, 24. Jun 07, 14:14

Hmm im 94% friendly with argon

X-Tie
x4

Post by X-Tie » Sun, 24. Jun 07, 14:30

Well, Herbert, what do you possess? how many ships etc? Because if I were you I wouldn't start by building factories, having TS ships trade gets you money a whole lot quicker... Manual Trading is the best way to earn profits, but takes up a lot of time, so if you feel like getting credits quickly do this for a while then just switch your TSs one by one to Sector Traders with the MkIII software. I wouldn't recommend starting with factories until you have about 5 or 6 autonomous traders at the very least (and the trading they do gets your rep up pretty quickly in the beginning, go for it!).

By then you'll have a pretty good idea of where to place a factory that would be a good profit earner, i.e.: where there is a lack of a certain good.

Herbert01000

Post by Herbert01000 » Sun, 24. Jun 07, 14:48

i have a mercury and a teladi superfreighter , the free ship , i cant buy trading software mk3 :/ noteriety again :( :evil:

bobingabout
x3

Post by bobingabout » Sun, 24. Jun 07, 14:58

if the teladi won't sell you mk3, try at the argon owned terracorp in home of light.

or if you want to get teladi noteriaty up, build a flower farm in blue profit(you can get an M from a local sector fow about 400k-450k), doesn't matter how large your frieghters are here, aslong as speed makes up for lack of cargo space, i used the iguana vanguard and toucan hauler untill i could afford 2 more frieghters.

also, i think i had to raise my teladi rep to buy it myself, just take your mercury, or another frighter around there, and trade a few loads untill they will sell you either the flower farm, or the mk3

pjknibbs
x4

Post by pjknibbs » Sun, 24. Jun 07, 17:44

Herbert01000 wrote:Hmm im 94% friendly with argon
You're not. You're 94% to the next higher reputation, so you'd have to also tell us what your current rank title is for your statement to mean anything. (e.g. "Argon Friend 94%" is a considerably lower rank than "Argon Protector of the Federation 94%").

X-Tie
x4

Post by X-Tie » Sun, 24. Jun 07, 20:05

If you have a teladi superfreighter you must have enough reputation to buy the MkIII software (or were you being nasty and capped a teladi freighter? :P )

Kor'ah
x4

Post by Kor'ah » Mon, 25. Jun 07, 00:20

If you can buy argon freighters in "Argon Prime". Grab a discover hauler and buy a jumpdrive and 60 E-Cells from teracorp HQ in "home of light". Head over to Cloud base Southwest. Go through the south gate into the next system. Follow the traffic to the east gate. From there press on south and east till you find "Trinity Santum". go due east till you hit "Rolk's legacy". Now turn north till you find "light of heart". Dock in the shipyard and buy your new best friend, the "mercury hauler".

Just transfer over the jumpdrive and e-cells and jump it to "Shore of infinity", hit the SSP there for more jump fuel and bring it back the rest of the way to safer space. The little disco can walk back the long way. just send it to "lucky planets" first or else it'll die to pirates trying to take a shortcut.

Course you can get a mercury tanker with a fraction of the effort but after trying to trade in it for an hour you'll be stabing yourself in the face with a spork. :P

Constipated_Vigilante
x3

Post by Constipated_Vigilante » Mon, 25. Jun 07, 00:37

I noticed something rather strange recently. I was trying to get my rep up with the Split, so I attacked a Boron dolphin in Thuruk's Beard. After destroying it, my Split rep went down (and I got the "you have lost reputation" message). This makes sense in a way (attacking a ship unprovoked in their sector), but they hate Boron, right?
System:
AMD Athlon 64 3700+
Sound Blaster Audigy
Geforce 6800 GS
A8N-E Motherboard
2GB DDR RAM

Nid Xen
x2

Post by Nid Xen » Mon, 25. Jun 07, 13:14

misioooo wrote:It is reputation of you amongst given race. To rise it you can do many things:
1. Kill pirates/xenon/khaak in this race sectors.
2. Do BBS missions (Bulletin Board - found on stations)
3. Just trade with that race (buy something from them and sell with profit to some other factory/station - you earn credits AND rise your notoriety).

To check your standings with races when sitting in cockpit in space press Enter -> Pilot -> Statistics. TRhere you can see your reputation amongst other Xverse races.
OR when you have lots of money tp spare, donate some to the charities shown in the BBS, 5 million each time gets you ALOT of rep, it's how i got my 'Thon :D

MoribundusVII

Post by MoribundusVII » Mon, 25. Jun 07, 13:44

Hmm maybe I should give to charities. I can dock at Argon stations (I have Known Antagonist rank with them) but the Argon police types don't like me. I guess I should give to the argon charity there.

bobingabout
x3

Post by bobingabout » Mon, 25. Jun 07, 17:11

sounds to me like you declared war on the universe, no wonder nobody likes you.

are you sure when you killed the boron it wasn't boron rep that went down?

blacktoe
x3

Post by blacktoe » Mon, 25. Jun 07, 18:11

It doesn't take much of a rep boost to get the Mk3 from Teladi.

Simple solution: trade flowers, silicon, and energy between Spaceweed Drift, Greater Profit and Profit Share.

Getting a couple of UTs going early in the game is much more beneficial, IMO, than building a factory.

Return to “X Trilogy Universe”