Bug in the last x2 mission (possible spoilers)

General discussions about the games by Egosoft including X-BTF, XT, X², X³: Reunion, X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

earihi
x4

Bug in the last x2 mission (possible spoilers)

Post by earihi » Sat, 23. Feb 08, 20:39

Hello

I recently started playing x2 and worked my way up to the last mission where u have 2 beam brennan out of the khaak planet killer. However when i got near it and those other khaak objects spawn nearby they keep shooting me with the same damage laser as the ones goin into the planet killer. IS this intentional as i cant remember it happening on my previous games.

Just as a brief description my ship (split mamba) cannot get into position because the lasers take down the shields in afew seconds no matter where i am near the planet killer ship

any help (i dont rly care how since ive done the mission b4 anyway) would be greatly apprieciated

em3e3
x3tc

Post by em3e3 » Sat, 23. Feb 08, 21:20

It's been so long, I don't remember exactly what I did, but this recent thread might help:

http://forum.egosoft.com/viewtopic.php?t=197722
8^)

Online Complex Calculators - X3:TC • X3:R • X2
Online Ship Compurator - X3:TC

earihi
x4

Post by earihi » Sat, 23. Feb 08, 21:24

thanks but i think he reloaded an earlier save....unfortunately i saved over my earlier saves <---noob

is there a way 2 get my earlier saves back?

em3e3
x3tc

Post by em3e3 » Sat, 23. Feb 08, 21:50

Nope, unless you backed them up somehow. I wish I remembered the plot better, but I'm pretty sure all I had to do was follow a walkthrough (when I got stuck), like this one:

http://www.the-spoiler.com/STRATEGY/Ego ... eat.1.html
8^)

earihi
x4

Post by earihi » Sat, 23. Feb 08, 21:51

yeah i used that 2 but since the whole laser atually targetting u is a bug it doesnt cover it :(

any forum moderators here know how 2 fix it?

CBJ
EGOSOFT
EGOSOFT
x4

Post by CBJ » Sat, 23. Feb 08, 22:47

I don't even know what you are referring to as a "bug". Are you saying that some other ships are appearing and attacking you?

earihi
x4

Post by earihi » Sat, 23. Feb 08, 22:52

no those unknown objects around the main mothership (the ones that charge up the beams)

apparently they have the same guns as a khaak m2 (gamma kyons or w/e) and they shoot me when i try 2 even get near the mothership (up to 3km away from it)

there is also no othewr ships left so its not me mistaking them for destroyers or m3 class fighters

earihi
x4

Post by earihi » Sun, 24. Feb 08, 00:08

dam and i tried 2 avoid it by jumping out but i got a message basically telling me how much of a prick i wa and that everyone had died :(

Dantini
x2

Post by Dantini » Sun, 24. Feb 08, 00:44

earihi wrote:dam and i tried 2 avoid it by jumping out but i got a message basically telling me how much of a prick i wa and that everyone had died :(
hahahahaa :lol:

Carl Sumner
x4

Post by Carl Sumner » Sun, 24. Feb 08, 01:06

earihi wrote:no those unknown objects around the main mothership (the ones that charge up the beams)

apparently they have the same guns as a khaak m2 (gamma kyons or w/e) and they shoot me when i try 2 even get near the mothership (up to 3km away from it)

there is also no othewr ships left so its not me mistaking them for destroyers or m3 class fighters
Don't fly through the beams!

You have to avoid the beams and get close to the marker.

Also, I think you have to shoot out the targetted spots on the center drum as it turns, first.

If other Kha'ak ships shoot at you, you can distract them with drones or other ships, but I think they stop shooting at you when you get close to the center.

As I remember, it took me about four tries to get it. Gonor Salvage Insurance, to save while in space, is your friend! :)
Tinker

"If engineers built buildings the way programmers write programs, the first woodpecker that came along would destroy civilization!"

earihi
x4

Post by earihi » Sun, 24. Feb 08, 01:12

noo u dont get it.

These are proper khaak m2 type weapons shooting at me from those indestrutible beam shooting thingies. They are insta lock hard 2 miss and they eat thru a mambers shiled in like a coupla seconds (not long enough to get in place for cutscene)

Carl Sumner
x4

Post by Carl Sumner » Sun, 24. Feb 08, 01:29

earihi wrote:noo u dont get it.

These are proper khaak m2 type weapons shooting at me from those indestrutible beam shooting thingies. They are insta lock hard 2 miss and they eat thru a mambers shiled in like a coupla seconds (not long enough to get in place for cutscene)
I think that they stop shooting when you get close to the center ship, because they don't shoot their own ship. There was stuff still shooting, but it was lighter. You have to be fast.

I think I did it in an Argon Nova. That has a little better shields, but still not much against M2 weapons.

Good luck. :)
Tinker

"If engineers built buildings the way programmers write programs, the first woodpecker that came along would destroy civilization!"

ninjitsumonk
x3

Post by ninjitsumonk » Sun, 24. Feb 08, 11:13

Argon nova here too, always been one of my favourite ships, even though I know its not the best.

I think you're misunderstanding, those kha'ak unknown objects ARE capital ships, either m2's or m1's(can't remember, been so long since I played X2), so of course they're going to have the gKE.

How are they firing at you? Are they firing out of one of their turrets or are you getting caught by the gKE that's powering up the center?

If you have any drones you could dump them before you get near the center and if you've got a TS spare you could jump them in with a cargo hold full of LT's and drones to give the kha'ak something to be getting on with as you make you're way to the center.
Archeo Avis wrote:
if you take out phrasing and root notes and just look at the notes, they are the same
So what you're saying is, if you ignore everything that's different and focus only on the one thing that's the same, they're same.

Good God.

earihi
x4

Post by earihi » Sun, 24. Feb 08, 12:03

im getting shot by the turrets. Unfortunately an attempt by me 2 grab a nova b4 everyone dies is impossible. Does anyone know a cheat 2 disable enemy ships weapons or sumthing

earihi
x4

Post by earihi » Sun, 24. Feb 08, 15:57

bump

earihi
x4

Post by earihi » Sun, 24. Feb 08, 16:32

ok if this is any help i got an argon nova and tried 2 do it but even its shields (full 3x25mw) couldnt hold it for more than 6 or so seconds.

This has to be a bug...

em3e3
x3tc

Post by em3e3 » Sun, 24. Feb 08, 18:42

Yeah, something doesn't sound quite right. I'm pretty sure you shouldn't be in danger of any Kyons from the M0 + M2s until you get within the ring of M2s. For a script to be able to complete the plot, try asking in the scripts & modding forum. For tech support, the X2 tech support forum

If you haven't already tried reinstalling the game, latest patch, and bonus pack, maybe that will fix it.
8^)

Paranoid66
x3tc

Post by Paranoid66 » Sun, 24. Feb 08, 20:55

Yes that seems odd. I only recall having to avoid the beam weapons powering the planet killer. Crashing into the superstructure, and avoiding fighter attacks was my difficulty.

I also did that job a few times around in a Nova. I remember trying in a centaur once it was a disaster in my opinion just too big jumping into a disco didn't help it got swatted.

One of the missions that made me sweat the most was the job when I finally destroyed the M0 but still had lots of fighters left on my tail, and little in the way of shields left, and had managed to destroy my jump drive due to bouncing off the M0 a few times during the debacle.

I raced to the gate using the Fuel Injector (or whatever it was called in X2) to get a bit of distance then took out the faster scouts. Still it was a very close run thing. I had used up my salvage insurance as well and didn't want to get killed after succeeding in blowing the cursed thing up!

I really don't recall the M0 support destroyers firing independently though just those annoying power up beams directed at the M0 - deadly enough!
Beyond 'X' Far future (Fanfic): BkI BkII BkIII

Never more than 98.8 percent sure about anything.
98.8 percent sure that anyone who is 100 percent certain needs re-educating for the sake of humanity.

bennyboyo
x2

Post by bennyboyo » Sat, 19. Apr 08, 14:32

I had the same problem, I'm not sure it was the M2's shooting at me - thought it was a bunch of m3's. whatever they were, they took out my Nova in a a few seconds too. Ended up getting in close with my Osprey then jumping into my Pegasus to get into position to beam Kyle out while the khaak hammered the Osprey. That did the trick but lost 12m credits worth of Osprey in the process!

mystikmind2005
x2

Post by mystikmind2005 » Mon, 21. Apr 08, 01:12

I used a split Python with a docked Khaak M3 to complete the mission.

I did not have to worry too much about Khaak fighters with a Python parked behind me!
What intriguing weapons and shields will you use to protect your trade ships and sectors from the Khaak when your not home? unless you can afford capital ships *and luck* its all for nothing, NOTHING! Mwaahhhhahaha
*(amendment for TC since all the good strategy and planning is no longer enough, you also need luck)*

Return to “X Trilogy Universe”