X on xbox? (360?)

General discussions about the games by Egosoft including X-BTF, XT, X², X³: Reunion, X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

Lutzie
x2

X on xbox? (360?)

Post by Lutzie » Thu, 28. Feb 08, 13:13

Hello all,

Many many moons ago just before I stopped playing X there was an announcement that Egosoft were developing the series for the xbox. At the time this was just prior to the 360 launching (It's been a while since I've been here!)

Is there any update on that? I'm assuming if it was xbox 1 then the project has been canned. But if it was for 360, is it still going?
People, LEARN:

Lose: To be unsuccessful in retaining possession of; for example: He's always losing his money.
Loose: Not fastened or restrained; for example: Loose papers

Dom Devore
x3tc

Post by Dom Devore » Thu, 28. Feb 08, 13:23

I think I read on the Wiki entry for X3 that it was being developed for console as well, but was canceled.

supakillaii
xr

Post by supakillaii » Thu, 28. Feb 08, 14:48

If it comes to consoles... well, nothing else to say but (to quote the Decline of Videogaming 2 (not sure about the # though))
OH GOD NO EJECT! EJECT!/There's no eject button/*jumps from the window* AAAAH!
Anyhow. X series is made to computers. There's no way they get consolised. Unless EA buys Egosoft *shiver*. Besides, there's no way the many commands would fit into a controller. Wii might be optimal for the controlling of the ship... but the powers of it are the PS2 class (although little more powerful)....

KarlHemmings
x4

Re: X on xbox? (360?)

Post by KarlHemmings » Thu, 28. Feb 08, 15:00

Lutzie wrote:Hello all,

Many many moons ago just before I stopped playing X there was an announcement that Egosoft were developing the series for the xbox. At the time this was just prior to the 360 launching (It's been a while since I've been here!)

Is there any update on that? I'm assuming if it was xbox 1 then the project has been canned. But if it was for 360, is it still going?
Hei - I am not sure if it was ever as firm as the game is getting developed for the xbox or 360, more of a vague looking at developing for consoles. I seem to remember it sparked a which console am I going to buy type debate.

Anyway I can not remember any further announcement and I have even seen denials that it was ever mentioned in the first place.

So to back up that it was actually mentioned I link you to the news item released by egosoft. All be it back in 2005.

mad_axeman
x3tc

Re: X on xbox? (360?)

Post by mad_axeman » Thu, 28. Feb 08, 15:49

KarlHemmings wrote:
Lutzie wrote:Hello all,

Hei - I am not sure if it was ever as firm as the game is getting developed for the xbox or 360, more of a vague looking at developing for consoles. I seem to remember it sparked a which console am I going to buy type debate.

Anyway I can not remember any further announcement and I have even seen denials that it was ever mentioned in the first place.

So to back up that it was actually mentioned I link you to the news item released by egosoft. All be it back in 2005.
Whether or not they mentioned it or denied it or said it was going to happen, Egosoft have been advertising for developers with Console experience for years:

http://www.egosoft.com/company/jobs_en.php

edammer
xr

Post by edammer » Thu, 28. Feb 08, 17:09

They also mention the DS.
Not sure how X3 would play on that!

XU Vagabond
x3tc

Post by XU Vagabond » Thu, 28. Feb 08, 20:21

edammer wrote:They also mention the DS.
Not sure how X3 would play on that!
comming soon TM for DS X3: OOS attack, Egosoft is proud to present X3 of the DS Trade,fight, build and think all in the out of Sector map :lol:

Return to “X Trilogy Universe”