Best buy/sell software ??

General discussions about the games by Egosoft including X-BTF, XT, X², X³: Reunion, X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

Gazzareth
x2

Best buy/sell software ??

Post by Gazzareth » Sat, 21. Feb 04, 10:49

:?
:?
Hmmmm just installed the best buy/sell software into my (remote) Mercury and cannot see how to access it from the Discoverer !?!? I was hoping that would let me trade better from half way across the galaxy - is this not the case ?? Any help appreciated....

G

PS - Would have searched but ... ...

zoleeboy
x3tc

Post by zoleeboy » Sat, 21. Feb 04, 10:52

The best buy/sell locator should be installed to YOUR ship you are currently flying.

But anyway you can bring the best buy/sell menus if you select the target ship and hi "I" for the ship info and then sroll down a bit, there you should see the options.
SAS - Proud Protector of Split

Honoured Strong Arm of Family Thi

Moss
x2

Post by Moss » Sat, 21. Feb 04, 10:53

The best buys and best sells upgrades only (currently) work from the players own ship, but they will allow you to remote trade through any of your other ships, not automaticly tho, you will need the Mk3 trade software for that.

Gazzareth
x2

Post by Gazzareth » Sat, 21. Feb 04, 13:55

Thanks for the reply - just to get this straight - if I load it into the Disco will I be able to get remote "Best Buys" from the Mercury if it is in a distant system ??? If not is there any way of getting remote "Best Buys" or do I just need to save up for System III ????

Moss
x2

Post by Moss » Sat, 21. Feb 04, 14:25

If you install the Best Buys, and the normal trading extension, on your ship you will be able to remote trade through any of you owned ships (well those that can dock at the stations you want to trade at). All you do is select the ship you want to trade in, either through the galaxy map or the "R" property owned menu then order it to the station you want to buy at. Once it arrives you select it again and select trade with station, then once launched, use best sells to find it a profitable destination.

Using the expensive but very usefull MKIII will eliminate the need for all this, and providing you find a good sector (or two) to Autotrade in it will eventualy pay for itself and continue trading into profits for you, just make sure you allways have enough cash on you for it to continue trading.

Gazzareth
x2

Post by Gazzareth » Sat, 21. Feb 04, 15:37

Thanks will give that a go !!

Return to “X Trilogy Universe”