X3TC What's an SB?

General discussions about the games by Egosoft including X-BTF, XT, X², X³: Reunion, X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

sockum
x3tc

X3TC What's an SB?

Post by sockum » Fri, 11. Mar 11, 23:38

Dumb question I know, but I keep seeing references in posts to an "SB" ship and I'm embarrassed to say I don't know what that means. Split Boa? Something else?

Sockum

Baddieus
x4

Post by Baddieus » Fri, 11. Mar 11, 23:40

Springblossom - M6 - Aldrin

Xalrok
x3tc

Post by Xalrok » Fri, 11. Mar 11, 23:40

The Terran (Aldrin) Springblossom, probably the most overpowered M6 you can get.

teki
x3tc

Post by teki » Fri, 11. Mar 11, 23:45

Xalrok wrote:The Terran (Aldrin) Springblossom, probably the most overpowered M6 you can get.
The overtuned Hyperion Vanguard you get in the Poisoned Paranid start, I think is more overpowered.

Kryten
x4

Post by Kryten » Sat, 12. Mar 11, 00:21

The Springy is probably the worst m6, its too fast to be useful in combat, give me a heavy centaur anyday :D

Talking about dumb questions, I was using this forum for over a year and didn't know how to use the spoilers :lol:
X2 Vet
X3 Recruit
[ external image ]
Smoke me a kipper, I'll be back for breakfast

Spaceweed Adict
x3tc

Post by Spaceweed Adict » Sat, 12. Mar 11, 03:25

The Springy is probably the worst m6, its too fast to be useful in combat, give me a heavy centaur anyday Very Happy
Don't fly it in lead boots my friend get your foot off the gas :roll:

cj-spartacus
x3ap

Post by cj-spartacus » Sat, 12. Mar 11, 04:30

The SB isn't great because it's a fantastic combat ship (although it can hold its own against a battle group of Q if used properly) it's great because it can be used for pretty much everything you need a personal ship to be.

It is fast enough and has enough cargo space to take on the very hard courier missions at the higher end of the trade ranks. It can keep up with almost any ship if taking on an espionage mission. It can be fitted with a cargo life support to take on the very lucrative TP missions. It can be fitted with 8 M/AM launchers up front and SSC on its turrets. With about 50 M/AM warheads in the hold it can fight for hours before needing to reload.

It might lose on a few things to the hippy van and the Vidar but it is certainly not the worst M6 available.
"Sticking feathers up your butt doesn't make you a chicken." - Tyler Durden

pjknibbs
x4

Post by pjknibbs » Sat, 12. Mar 11, 07:50

teki wrote: The overtuned Hyperion Vanguard you get in the Poisoned Paranid start, I think is more overpowered.
Depends on how overtuned it is, really, not to mention that you can only get an overtuned one by playing that start. In any other start HV is boarding-only, whereas Springblossom can be bought in Aldrin like any other M6.

Glaceious

Post by Glaceious » Sat, 12. Mar 11, 08:00

Kryten wrote:The Springy is probably the worst m6, its too fast to be useful in combat,
No way!! This ship rocks for combat. The only bad thing about it is the main guns are on the ends of the wings makeing it difficult to target small objects.
Yours sais "replica", Mine sais "Desert Eagle .50"

i64man
x3tc

Post by i64man » Sat, 12. Mar 11, 11:56

I agree, the SB is one of the best if not the best combat ship. I did almost all the FF missions on the SB and take on 3 Kha'ak corvets and clusters with no problem. Load it up with poltergise missiles and let them fly.

teki
x3tc

Post by teki » Sat, 12. Mar 11, 14:44

pjknibbs wrote:Depends on how overtuned it is, really, not to mention that you can only get an overtuned one by playing that start. In any other start HV is boarding-only, whereas Springblossom can be bought in Aldrin like any other M6.
All of that is true.

I still think the HV is at least more versatile, because of the larger range of choice with weapons and that it can have 2 ships docked. Then there is also the shield advantage.

I do like the SB and see it as one of the best M6, but my 243 m/s HV is my personal choice of ship to command. I have several configurations of ships docked at any time, depending upon what I presently do.

http://imageshack.dk//viewimage.php?fil ... 029523.jpg

The last important thing with the HV is its looks :P

Sovereign01
x4

Post by Sovereign01 » Sun, 13. Mar 11, 20:18

Don't forget, the laser generator on the Springy is too weak to power SSCs for more than a handful of shots at a time, which is a weakness when fighting small ships like M3s :(

cj-spartacus
x3ap

Post by cj-spartacus » Sun, 13. Mar 11, 21:02

A handful of shots is all that is needed to take down a handful of M3s with SSC. Besides the SB can fire Spectre missiles which will take out the deficit quick smart.
"Sticking feathers up your butt doesn't make you a chicken." - Tyler Durden

Return to “X Trilogy Universe”