x2, a few questions

General discussions about the games by Egosoft including X-BTF, XT, X², X³: Reunion, X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

devilofbelfast
xr

x2, a few questions

Post by devilofbelfast » Wed, 24. Aug 11, 22:17

hi, still playing away on x2, i have a bit of an issue i hope you can help me with.

i currently own all the solar power plants in my universe with the exception of the xenon ones. every one of these are set to sell energy at 9 credits.

now, bear in mind, there is no npc competition in the energy market at all as they were all quickly destroyed when i built my hornet factorys.

my issue is, the npcs wont buy energy from me. or very rarely atleast. its been left upto my u.t's to get it sold. now dont get me wrong, thats great as im getting a guarenteed 20cr minimum on every sale, but is there any particular reason the npc's just dont bother anymore?

my power plants are all set to friendly with all races except xenon and Kha'ak and trade with other races is set to yes. the sale price is at 9cr per cell. each 'complex' of power plants maybe has 10-15 ssp's and covers two sectors in any direction. ie; queens space covers from kingdoms end to menaleuses... something. the one beside ceo's buckzoid. im top ranks 100% with everyone and have no hostile stations except xenon and the anarchy port.

im mass training around 400 cag's at the minute spread right across the galaxy and they cant even make an impact against the energy production. im thinking i should put some of my cag's onto the power plants to shift the product.

the next part of the issue is, my u.t's stop maybe every hour or so saying they cant find jumpfuel or the power plant wont deliver. will my cag's deliver fuel to my ut's or will i just jave to jump them to the ssp's? they usually end up with around 90 cells in the cargo bay when they ask for help.

iv never experimented with the market to this extent before. things are certainly getting interesting. thanks for reading and any comments or advise would be greatly appreciated.
the four most important things iv'e found out,
1, your birth certificate is an apology letter from the condom factory.
2, dont argue with an idiot, he will drag you down to his level and beat you with experiance.
3, if gods watching us, the least we can do is be entertaining,
4, Better to remain silent and be thought a fool, than to speak and remove all doubt.

Nanook
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Nanook » Wed, 24. Aug 11, 22:26

It's been quite a while since I last played X2, but I recall, when I had a huge Bofu monopoly going down in Reservoir of Tranquility/Barren Shores, that I had to have selling ships. I don't think the NPC freighters, which all belong to NPC stations, will buy goods from the player stations. You need selling ships. I think this was one of the major changes in Reunion, that the NPC traders became 'free' and would act just like a player's UT's.
Have a great idea for the current or a future game? You can post it in the [L3+] Ideas forum.

X4 is a journey, not a destination. Have fun on your travels.

pjknibbs
x4

Post by pjknibbs » Wed, 24. Aug 11, 22:31

The NPC freighters from stations most certainly WILL buy from player stations in X2. However, they still won't buy at any old price you ask--they won't buy at 20Cr a unit unless their station is completely out of e-cells (e.g. 0 stock), and since it's very rare for a station to end up with exactly 0 energy cells left after running its last cycle, you're probably just not getting any business for that reason. Try dropping your price to 19 and see what happens.

devilofbelfast
xr

Post by devilofbelfast » Wed, 24. Aug 11, 22:43

they wont buy at all, nanook? well that sucks lol. what if i was to wipe out the entire npc resourse network and set up my own, just leaving the npc with end product stations? do you reckon those stations would just give up or would their behaviour 'normalize' as there's no other options for any resourses?

pjknibbs i think you may have misunderstood, all my ssp's are set to sell energy at 9cr. what i meant was, my ut's are able to buy at 9cr and sell at a minimum of 20cr pretty much anywhere. the npc's just dont seem to be buying from me.
2, dont argue with an idiot, he will drag you down to his level and beat you with experiance.
4, Better to remain silent and be thought a fool, than to speak and remove all doubt.

Rockettman
xr

Post by Rockettman » Wed, 24. Aug 11, 23:46

What is this "cag" you are referring to? In relation to your problem, I have no idea why NPC ships won't buy your E cells. Are you using any scripts/ mods?

Pirate hater
x2

Post by Pirate hater » Wed, 24. Aug 11, 23:57

devilofbelfast wrote:they wont buy at all, nanook? well that sucks lol. what if i was to wipe out the entire npc resourse network and set up my own, just leaving the npc with end product stations? do you reckon those stations would just give up or would their behaviour 'normalize' as there's no other options for any resourses?

pjknibbs i think you may have misunderstood, all my ssp's are set to sell energy at 9cr. what i meant was, my ut's are able to buy at 9cr and sell at a minimum of 20cr pretty much anywhere. the npc's just dont seem to be buying from me.
X2 spp's are bottomless pits of money, you wasted your time killing the competition. You need to use selling ships in X2 and you will never be short of money.

devilofbelfast
xr

Post by devilofbelfast » Thu, 25. Aug 11, 00:00

hi rocketmann. the cag is the advanced trade command software from the bonus pack.

the scripts im using are;

the cheat pack, for spawning an ore and silicon asteroid in any sector that doesnt have them.
rask askabars pirated vessels emporium, i wanted the xenon k's for oos patrols.
station upgrade commands, removes crystals from the ssp and food resourse from any factory.
and xaicorps automining 2.3.3

devilofbelfast
xr

Post by devilofbelfast » Thu, 25. Aug 11, 00:11

killing the competition is kind of mandatory in my game, pirate hater. im currantly running x2 on a computer with 256mb ram and, i assume, no graphics card as it was an old business model. this limited setup means i cant handle too many stations before i get serious lag. therefore im dominating markets by force and eliminating any and all competition. does that make sense? im tired lol

im currently the sole supplier of energy cells, spaceweed, space fuel, squash mines and quite possibly fighter drones/satelites aswell.

Nanook
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Nanook » Thu, 25. Aug 11, 01:01

pjknibbs wrote:The NPC freighters from stations most certainly WILL buy from player stations in X2. However, they still won't buy at any old price you ask--they won't buy at 20Cr a unit unless their station is completely out of e-cells (e.g. 0 stock), and since it's very rare for a station to end up with exactly 0 energy cells left after running its last cycle, you're probably just not getting any business for that reason. Try dropping your price to 19 and see what happens.
I'll take your word for it since I haven't played X2 in years. But the OP did say he tried selling at 9cr to no avail. :gruebel:
Have a great idea for the current or a future game? You can post it in the [L3+] Ideas forum.

X4 is a journey, not a destination. Have fun on your travels.

twilight_echoes
x3tc

Post by twilight_echoes » Thu, 25. Aug 11, 01:13

X2 NPC stations do buy wares, they are just deploy extremely slow freighters to go and collect them. There are a handful of products which are fine to rely on NPC traders. Crystals, 1Mw shields, drones and most missiles.

SPPs require active and aggressive player fleets to generate anywhere near their theoretical maximum revenue. There's a simple reason for this: To produce at capacity a single SPP ***MUST*** supply at least 8 stations which are themselves producing at 100% output (i.e. selling all their goods). For practical purposes, it's often more like 12-15 stations. That's a lot of freighter trips. With a 1 or 2 sector "sell ware for best price" range - 3-4 fast freighters are needed per SPP.

Unless your scripts have interfered with the NPC functions, your stations certainly will be selling to NPCs but your revenue stream will be more of a revenue trickle than a stream.

Masochisto
x3tc

Post by Masochisto » Thu, 25. Aug 11, 02:30

It has been a long time since I played X2 also, but I only recently started playing X3, so my memory of X2 is still rather sharp.

While the NPC did buy from you, it was never prompt about it. NPC ships are untuned, don't use Jump drives, and might be busy on some completely different mission that prevents them from servicing theiir factories energy needs.

Selling ships are pretty much mandatory, more so than eliminating the competition. The competition's selling ships are as bad as his buying ships, so he is at a huge disadvantage to you in every way. I know my longest game in X2 resulted in me having an energy and silicone manopoly and I was selling at pretty much max price, but then buying fromt he computer at my cost in order to keep their prices high also, resulting in even more profit.

It sounds like your playing a pretty unique set of house rules there, how many days in are you?

devilofbelfast
xr

Post by devilofbelfast » Thu, 25. Aug 11, 16:45

thanks for the advise folks. at the minute im looking for any sufficiently high level cags to transfer to energy selling duty. the thing is, every single one of my cags are in capped pirate ts's. im trying to transfer them to supertuned boron dolphins (180mps/3000xl cargo) as i reckon they will be a lot more effective this way. the pilot just doesnt want to switch ships tho. can anyone give a complete step by step guide to moving the pilot please? ive been following the instructions that came with the bonus pack but it just isnt happening lol thanks

oh Masochisto if i remember right im at day 74.

jlehtone
x4

Post by jlehtone » Thu, 25. Aug 11, 18:49

devilofbelfast wrote:hi rocketmann. the cag is the advanced trade command software from the bonus pack.
Pedantically, Advanced Trade Command Mk1 does use abbreviation ATC, and it is/was better known as BPH. BPH was the version of the script that was included in earlier X2 Bonuspack, while ATC is its replacement in the latest X2 Bonuspack.

There was no "CAG" script for X2. There was CLS1, Commodity Logistics Mk1 though. Like ATC, CLS in its earlier incarnation was known as SDS, Station Delivery Software.

The term CAG, Commercial Agent, is a name for a script written for X3R. It does have similar features as X2 ATC did have, but it is from different author. ATC is work of ticaki, while Lucike wrote CLS and CAG.

Return to “X Trilogy Universe”