Removed from sticky thread

General discussions about the games by Egosoft including X-BTF, XT, X², X³: Reunion, X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

jeti
x4

Post by jeti » Thu, 15. Dec 11, 16:35

CBJ wrote:Actually that's a slight error in the newsletter. We don't yet have a final decision on whether Steam activation will be required.
Then please remember: Some of your old and loyal customers can't use Steam for both technical and non-technical reasons.

Incubi
xr

Post by Incubi » Thu, 15. Dec 11, 17:13

jeti wrote:
CBJ wrote:Actually that's a slight error in the newsletter. We don't yet have a final decision on whether Steam activation will be required.
Then please remember: Some of your old and loyal customers can't use Steam for both technical and non-technical reasons.
. Deepsilver is who publishes X.

henkbein
x3

Post by henkbein » Thu, 15. Dec 11, 21:24

jeti wrote:Then please remember: Some of your old and loyal customers can't use Steam for both technical and non-technical reasons.
+1 (for non-technical reasons ;) ).

Jumee
x3tc

Post by Jumee » Thu, 15. Dec 11, 21:28

henkbein wrote:
jeti wrote:Then please remember: Some of your old and loyal customers can't use Steam for both technical and non-technical reasons.
+1 (for non-technical reasons ;) ).
Something tell me that at one point moderators will get so fed up with this conversations they will go on a banning frenzy and ban everyone who says steam is good/bad/ugly/"insert your opinion" :lol:

Gazz
x4

Post by Gazz » Thu, 15. Dec 11, 21:31

It's perfectly okay not to like Steam for any reason whatsoever.

It is not okay to spam EVERY thread with that.
It has stopped being funny weeks ago.
My complete script download page. . . . . . I AM THE LAW!
There is no sense crying over every mistake. You just keep on trying till you run out of cake.

henkbein
x3

Post by henkbein » Thu, 15. Dec 11, 22:27

Gazz wrote:It's perfectly okay not to like Steam for any reason whatsoever.
It is not okay to spam EVERY thread with that.
It has stopped being funny weeks ago.
So let's stop being funny and stop any reason for spamming:
X2-Illuminatus wrote:Regarding whether the planned boxed retail version of X3: Albion Prelude will require Steam activation, we do not have a definitive answer to this question at the moment.
Any progress here ?
Answering is not as complex as super luminal neutrino's or Higgs boson detection.
Yes or No ?
Last edited by henkbein on Thu, 15. Dec 11, 23:02, edited 5 times in total.

xeon_1
x4

Post by xeon_1 » Fri, 16. Dec 11, 01:12

henkbein wrote:
X2-Illuminatus wrote:Regarding whether the planned boxed retail version of X3: Albion Prelude will require Steam activation, we do not have a definitive answer to this question at the moment.
Any progress here ?
Answering is not as complex as super luminal neutrino's or Higgs boson detection.
Yes or No ?
Well apparently for egosoft that is an impossible question to answer.
And we will probably only get an answer when somebody buy's it an reports back on the forum's.

But my guess it will be a boxed steam version going by them pushing steam as much as they have.

apricotslice
x4

Post by apricotslice » Fri, 16. Dec 11, 01:12

This is a bad sign for Rebirth.

As a Steam refuser, there is no way for me to get AP.

Even though I have both TC and the Superbox on disk, there is no plans to release an Australian AP disk, and since I refuse to use steam, essentially egosoft are telling me to "******** off". (Insert whatever).

For the record, I would buy AP on disk and am happy to wait for it. I would also buy a disk direct from egosoft. The only condition is that it doesnt require steam activation.

I think Egosoft have just proved that Rebirth wont be available to anyone who refuses to use steam.

Hence its really and truely game over for me.

kurush
x3tc

Post by kurush » Fri, 16. Dec 11, 01:19

apricotslice wrote: For the record, I would buy AP on disk and am happy to wait for it. I would also buy a disk direct from egosoft. The only condition is that it doesnt require steam activation.

I think Egosoft have just proved that Rebirth wont be available to anyone who refuses to use steam.

Hence its really and truely game over for me.
I"m on the "Support the companies, which software you actually enjoy!" step here ;) . And it took me almost 3 hours to install this steam thing on my gaming machine. :evil: In any case, I hope ES will eventually release a non-DRM version as they did for all their games so far.

CBJ
EGOSOFT
EGOSOFT
x4

Post by CBJ » Fri, 16. Dec 11, 01:25

I have already stated very clearly that when we have new information, it will be posted somewhere prominent. Repeatedly asking whether there has been any progress will not make it happen any quicker. Nor will repeating the same old arguments about Steam, or "reminding" people that some people either can't or don't want to use it.

For the sake of all the other forum users who have other things they would like to discuss, give it a rest.

Return to “X Trilogy Universe”