Has anyone else found this happens...

General discussions about the games by Egosoft including X-BTF, XT, X², X³: Reunion, X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

Giant Wasp Face
x2

Has anyone else found this happens...

Post by Giant Wasp Face » Mon, 22. Mar 04, 02:20

The Teladi best buys locator (tm)... I can guarentee that in EVERY combat situation where a collision ensues, that this will be destroyed.

I was hunting pirates in my dragon yesterday, and the bloody thing was destoyed six times over the course of an hour. :evil: What the hell is wrong with it? is it made of cardboard? Do they mount it right on the nose of the ship? Or is it simply a Teladi money making scam, like manufacturing crap Hi-fis that break just after the years warrenty has expired? Best sells locator remains sound as a pound, but constantly jumping to Seizewell just for the single upgrade is a frustration of cow-castrating proportions.

Out of pure curiosity, does anyone else find this?
According to Johnny Cash: "There will be peace in the valley, for me, some day."

I remain sceptical...

TerrorTrooper
x4

Post by TerrorTrooper » Mon, 22. Mar 04, 02:24

loool, now you mention it....

all my "personal ships" are now missing best buy locators as they seem to usually be the first thing to be destroyed.....

i didnt realy notice it now till i read ur post, but after checking... yes....
ive lost a few too

Constipated_Vigilante
x3

Post by Constipated_Vigilante » Mon, 22. Mar 04, 02:25

I can't answer your question, but can you tell me where you bought them? I've been trying to find Teladi systems, but with no luck. I've explored many Argon and Boron systems and a few paranid ones, but haven't found any Teladis.
System:
AMD Athlon 64 3700+
Sound Blaster Audigy
Geforce 6800 GS
A8N-E Motherboard
2GB DDR RAM

Paris_Hilton

Post by Paris_Hilton » Mon, 22. Mar 04, 02:33

Well, I didnt equip it to my Dragon which I personally fly too. Just equip it to your non-combat ships so it wont get destroyed. I equipped it to my Elephant which follow me most of the time

You can buy Best Buy Locator in any Teladi EQDock

bleh
x3

Post by bleh » Mon, 22. Mar 04, 04:25

The reason why this happens is simple:

The Teladi Best Buys locator is a late addition to Teladi tech and the scientists have not yet refined its installation. As it is , when you buy one they just strap it onto the nose of your ship using a Goner design duct tape and some spacefly mucous epoxy.

Consumer Watch Galactic has said in recent reports that they will take the Teladi R&D to consumer court soon over this reported jury rigging.

Teladi R&D spokesbeings have been known to just shrug their <shoulders> and say that its cheap and people keep coming back to get em installed, more profit that way for us!

Redjack
x3

Post by Redjack » Mon, 22. Mar 04, 04:27

There's an idea... I should buy it for all my combat ships so they don't lose valuable weapons!

CHAZZ
x3tc

Post by CHAZZ » Mon, 22. Mar 04, 04:44

Uhm.. :gruebel:
Maybe the game 'damages' the equipment Alphabetically? Best Buy..alot "B's" there..i have mostly damaged Best Buy, BHEPT lasers and....Cells! B,B, and C.. :roll:

troop2k1
x2

Post by troop2k1 » Mon, 22. Mar 04, 10:46

i also noticed this but ships i fly around in i never equip them with the bbl.

@ constipated_vigilante

To find Teladi sectors keep going east from Kingdom End.

canazza
x4

Post by canazza » Mon, 22. Mar 04, 10:51

of fly through the pirate sectors :twisted:
--==Dave Canazza==--
Far Star: Terran Sabre (M4)

Spoonburger
x3tc

Post by Spoonburger » Mon, 22. Mar 04, 11:03

Best buys locator? You had it lucky! I lost 3 GHEPTs in about 4 hours. GRR! thats 1,500,000Cr worth of eqpt (ish) Luckily my facts were being all nice and clever and I could thus re-buy them very quickly without too much bother.

Praefectus classis
x4

Post by Praefectus classis » Mon, 22. Mar 04, 11:25

It's the best buys or selling locator thats get destroyed on my dragon first, generally. The other is cargo space. Somebody on this forum mentioned it may be to do with the fact that they are the last upgrades fitted to the ship, so they go first. Last in, first out. Havn't tested out this theory though. The other annoying thing was when I was trying to capture a pirate ship in my dragon through the fireworks display, I thought I would see how many weapons were left on the pirate ship. I was trying to press the 'I' button but pressed the 'O' instead. Aghhh - instant hull damage. :cry:
Reality is an illusion created by a lack of the X-universe
My new forum My original forum

mta
x3

Post by mta » Mon, 22. Mar 04, 11:26

Subaru Impreza WRX wrote:I equipped it to my Elephant which follow me most of the time
Does it work on your elephant? For me it only shows blank screens, like it is installed but cannot give any information from the sector.

pjknibbs
x4

Post by pjknibbs » Mon, 22. Mar 04, 12:28

mta wrote: Does it work on your elephant? For me it only shows blank screens, like it is installed but cannot give any information from the sector.
It works on mine just fine.

TeladiPhoenix
x2

Post by TeladiPhoenix » Mon, 22. Mar 04, 12:32

CHAZZ wrote:Uhm.. :gruebel:
Maybe the game 'damages' the equipment Alphabetically? Best Buy..alot "B's" there..i have mostly damaged Best Buy, BHEPT lasers and....Cells! B,B, and C.. :roll:
Yep, I've lost Best Buys, Best Selling, Boost extension and Gamma Hept in that order before.

MulveyMan
x2

Post by MulveyMan » Mon, 22. Mar 04, 13:35

Back in the day, when I hunted in my Dragon, I noticed the same thing - "Best Buy Locater... destroyed" about all of the time, from the constant ramming by the Khaak M3's especially.

Deleted User

Post by Deleted User » Mon, 22. Mar 04, 13:37

Its shoddy Teladi goods, made from cheap inferior parts.

They make a profit well they sell it to you, then again when it breaks and sell you another, profit all the way...

IO

JackScratch
x2

Post by JackScratch » Mon, 22. Mar 04, 14:30

Yeah I've been jokingly whining about this for awhile now. Best Buys is always the first thing to go on my ships. Especially on my M3 and M6 ships.

But better that than a gun really so I won't complain too loudly. :)

joebeard
x3

Post by joebeard » Mon, 22. Mar 04, 14:36

Umm, you'd think that the Best Buys Locator would be like any other software on your ship - software. Thus unaffected by ramming...perhaps the Teladi specifically install it in fragile parts of your computers memory.

Or perhaps Ego are being bar stewards!

RogueTrader
x3tc

Post by RogueTrader » Mon, 22. Mar 04, 14:39

I think the problem is the fact that the Best Buy upgrade is actually a large book similar to the Yellow Pages, and when your ship is in a collision, the impact knocks the book off the shelf and down the back of the sofa on the bridge.

Therefore, to eliminate this problem, I'd suggest you buy a better bookcase, or look behind your sofa more. I'm sure your "destroyed" best buyer will be located. :)

Return to “X Trilogy Universe”