Just got my first M6

General discussions about the games by Egosoft including X-BTF, XT, X², X³: Reunion, X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

TrEeHuGgEr
x2

Just got my first M6

Post by TrEeHuGgEr » Tue, 23. Mar 04, 22:31

I know that for most here 1 M6 is a joke biu for me it is my first bigger ship and I am happy :) . I have used it to wipe out pirates in the rogue sectors next to presidents end because I ceep loosing transports to pirate groups. I have 17 stations and finay I got enough CR and guts so spend 10-11 mil on a ship to ceep the off my transports asses. And it is doing a good job. Cleared 1 sector in like 10 min and I told it to attack a base whit 8 orinocos and.... It killed them all, no more pirates in that sector for awhile. Btw then M6 is a argon centaur, fully shieldedand armed. Sorry for the long post but had to tell someone :lol:

Subjugation
x2

Post by Subjugation » Tue, 23. Mar 04, 22:36

Congratulations. The Argon Centaur is a great ship.. Some people don't like it's looks but I love it :) Then again, the same people tend to love that weak-M6-but-super-powered-and-larger-M5-kinda ship created by the egomanical splitheads :lol:

JackScratch
x2

Post by JackScratch » Tue, 23. Mar 04, 22:38

There is probably no finer feeling in the game than earning your first m6 and taking it for a spin. Earning money gets easier as the game goes on, so the feeling of satisfaction tends to wane a little once you get your first m1 or m2.

But that first M6 is like buying yourself a fancy sportscar. Enjoy yourself. You earned it.

Aekhiv
x3

Post by Aekhiv » Tue, 23. Mar 04, 22:38

Be proud! I was too, when I bought my first M6. I remember it well...it was a Split Dragon. The centaur is a better choice obviously. Later on, when you get bigger ships as "personal flagship" you can still use it as sector defense. The Dragon, unfortunately, sucks at that =(

CHAZZ
x3tc

Post by CHAZZ » Wed, 24. Mar 04, 02:25

Congratulations! I know how you feel! I wanted badly to buy an Centaur since i managed to save the required money. But, i didnt. I decided that i needed more a cheap,good TL to help me in my mobile mining business. Too bad. Had really to learn to fly that Nova to the best of my abilities, because the Khaak were really a pain. Then, hundreds of hours(lol) later, i managed to buy my first Hercules! Woohoo! it had crappy shielding and even crappier armament, but it was mine! Heck! I saved the game on a separate save slot, ejected from my Nova and yes: looked at every inch of that monster from point-blank until my spacesuit oxygen was depleted!
Sure, it is a game. Sure, the Universe there is virtual. but man, is the satisfaction real!
Have fun!
P.S. Now i have my hercules in O.Belt, plus my brand new Centaur. Its a blast to watch him buzzing around nailing Khaak left and right, while i am drilling those asteroids with my Demeter, with my Hercules monster following me around :P

Lanmate
x4

Post by Lanmate » Wed, 24. Mar 04, 02:36

I just bought my 1st M6 also, tho i opted for the Osprey, not i gotta find enough credits to outfit her properly, got a few GHEPTS and some BHEPTS left over from my old Nova. I just need 1 more GHEPT and 1 more BHEPT now.

Redjack
x3

Post by Redjack » Wed, 24. Mar 04, 03:42

Aekhiv wrote:The centaur is a better choice obviously.
A better choice if you were looking for bricks with which to construct a massive space fortress.

Lanmate
x4

Post by Lanmate » Wed, 24. Mar 04, 04:15

Damn thing has taken a diskiling to that pirate base in Ore Belt, i shouldve bought that 3rd 125mw shield before perhaps, but it seems to be going ok atm, lots of orrinoco's, bayamon's and mandalay's later, it better still be going ok, i found all the weapons i needed, and raided my spp's for the cash, so its fully maxed out apart form the shield. Thinking of adding some psg's for when i attack pirate bases and khaak clusters, are the BPSG's worth it?

Lanmate

Chea
x2

Post by Chea » Wed, 24. Mar 04, 13:55

Me too - I just got my first M6 :D

A Centaur called Plate of Justice. By the time I had bought all the extras it cost best part of 10M.

Yes, I admit it - I am proud :oops:

Of course, part of the extras was a fully kitted Teladi Harrier (called Side Plate) that I use as a runabout.

First thing I did was try out my new Gamma HEPT's on a pirate base that had refused me entry without any explanation as to why.

I do have one question though - do ppl manually restock the ship with energy cells for the jump drive? Or is there a script? At the moment I use the Teladi autobuy function, but every time I use the M5 to visit a station it looses the big guy as its home base.

hangerhead
x3

Post by hangerhead » Wed, 24. Mar 04, 13:57

got me a dragon but it handles like a dog.

tempted to find out if there are rudder opts i can use so i can (in essence) dogfight in it.

canazza
x4

Post by canazza » Wed, 24. Mar 04, 14:10

When I buy my Dragon i'm calling the m5 'the Dinghy'
--==Dave Canazza==--
Far Star: Terran Sabre (M4)

Lorelei
x2

Post by Lorelei » Wed, 24. Mar 04, 14:22

Chea wrote:Me too - I just got my first M6 :D

I do have one question though - do ppl manually restock the ship with energy cells for the jump drive? Or is there a script? At the moment I use the Teladi autobuy function, but every time I use the M5 to visit a station it looses the big guy as its home base.
Buy a transporter device from the Goner temple, then when you need energy cells use that to beam the freight from one of your TS/TP ships when you need them. Helps if you have a SPP with one selling for best price.

I gave up on the M6 thing, and decided to save up the extra few million for a Hercules. Now that that is fully upgraded and had it's fighters restocked (I lost them all in a major battle in an Unkown Sector, had 2 big khaak clusters and 3 medium ones on me, took an hour and a half to beat it! The TL held up very nicely), I'm going to buy an M6. but the feeling of seeing the marvelous hugeness of the hercules pull out from dock was fun!

NeverSnake
x3tc

Post by NeverSnake » Wed, 24. Mar 04, 14:37

hangerhead wrote:got me a dragon but it handles like a dog.

tempted to find out if there are rudder opts i can use so i can (in essence) dogfight in it.
O_o. Any ship apart from an M5/M4/M3 should have full rudder optimisations installed.

The dragon is the fastest turning M6 maxed though.
Last edited by NeverSnake on Wed, 24. Mar 04, 15:49, edited 1 time in total.
"There's an old story about the person who wished his computer were as easy to use as his telephone. That wish has come true, since I no longer know how to use my telephone" — Bjarne Stroustrup

James_2k
x3

Post by James_2k » Wed, 24. Mar 04, 15:36

Commander_Crawlius wrote:Congratulations. The Argon Centaur is a great ship.. Some people don't like it's looks but I love it :) Then again, the same people tend to love that weak-M6-but-super-powered-and-larger-M5-kinda ship created by the egomanical splitheads :lol:
oooooooh, no way man, dragon to the end!! centaur is good, i have one stalking ore belt. byt i will never, ever, ever, ever, get a mingy, stinking, slow , ugly, sluggish, disgusting,......... osprey!

Paris_Hilton

Post by Paris_Hilton » Wed, 24. Mar 04, 15:49

My first M6 is a Split Dragon. When I saw it at the first time during the mission which I were told to transport Boron scientists, I told myself, "I'll have my hands on this ship one day" :twisted: Finally, I managed to buy it and it felt so damn good to own one! Now, I still oftenly pilot it myself :)

NeverSnake
x3tc

Post by NeverSnake » Wed, 24. Mar 04, 15:50

36m/s slower than the centaur for lots of extra firepower and an extra shield. You must be insane.
"There's an old story about the person who wished his computer were as easy to use as his telephone. That wish has come true, since I no longer know how to use my telephone" — Bjarne Stroustrup

James_2k
x3

Post by James_2k » Wed, 24. Mar 04, 15:53

makes the game too easy.

NeverSnake
x3tc

Post by NeverSnake » Wed, 24. Mar 04, 16:08

You can kill anything with an M3 or bayamon. Any corvette is overkill.

Moff_Ben1
x2

Post by Moff_Ben1 » Wed, 24. Mar 04, 16:26

NeverSnake wrote:You can kill anything with an M3 or bayamon. Any corvette is overkill.
That may be ture but:
a) Its quicker in a covettee
b) Its by far more fun to barrell into a khaak cluster in a Osprey
DaNcInG cOmMuNiSts!

adster69
x2

Post by adster69 » Wed, 24. Mar 04, 17:23

Moff_Ben1 wrote:
NeverSnake wrote:You can kill anything with an M3 or bayamon. Any corvette is overkill.
That may be ture but:
a) Its quicker in a covettee
b) Its by far more fun to barrell into a khaak cluster in a Osprey
I would LOVE to see you kill an m2 in a bayamon! Have you scripted 10 x 125 mw shields into your papier mache ship?

Im a big fan of my centaur, yes its slow, yes its ugly but its ROCK hard and probably the best OOS m6 there is.

I like my dragon too, loads of firepower, fast but weak as sh1t in OOS.

I havnt got an osprey yet altho its my next ship for sure :twisted:

Return to “X Trilogy Universe”