New fangled weapons

General discussions about the games by Egosoft including X-BTF, XT, X², X³: Reunion, X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

Andyf
x2

New fangled weapons

Post by Andyf » Wed, 24. Mar 04, 18:06

Sorry, this has prolly be asked to death, but what is with PSGs and PPCs. I am used to HEPTs from XT, so how do they compare with PSGs (e.g. Perseus can take 3AHEPTs or 3 BPSGs). Likewise with PPCs. cheers for any help

bor...ing

Post by bor...ing » Wed, 24. Mar 04, 18:09

hepts = bigger damage than ppc, shorter range
ppc= almost as powerfull as hepts - huge range (m2/m1 only)
psg= ownage
MY FLEET: Boron Ray
Split Dragon
Split Jaguar
Argon Nova
Boron Dolphin
Paranid Pericles
Paranid Pegasus
Paranid Hercules
MY WORKFORCE: Argon Express x14

JackScratch
x2

Post by JackScratch » Wed, 24. Mar 04, 18:37

HEPTs are still the best for all around directly powerful guns. Like using a Magnum.

PPCs are more like using a hunting rifle. Twice the range but less damage on average in comparison to HEPTs. Best used on Captiol ships who really need that range.

PSGs are like using a repeating autoshotgun. Does streams of lesser damage to an area at the point of impact. Will hurt friends and foes alike so use with extreme care. Excellent for crowd control or if you have trouble hitting a target with direct weapons.

pjknibbs
x4

Post by pjknibbs » Wed, 24. Mar 04, 20:42

Just a note about PSGs--they seem to do a LOT more damage to big things (cap ships and stations) than they do to small ones, so if you have a desire to clear a sector of capital ships, they're your best option.

Return to “X Trilogy Universe”