125mw shield fabs

General discussions about the games by Egosoft including X-BTF, XT, X², X³: Reunion, X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

lLongshanks
x3tc

125mw shield fabs

Post by lLongshanks » Wed, 21. Apr 04, 05:14

What shipyard sells 125mw shields factories.
I want to buy the factory not the shields
as its becomming a pain looking for them

Ushiikun
x2

Post by Ushiikun » Wed, 21. Apr 04, 06:37

Not 100% sure, but just to warn you, unless you need hundreds of the things, it isn't going to save you any money.
Spoiler
Show
Look in Light of Home or Omincrom Lyrae.
I am a bomb technician, if you see me running, try to keep up, cause either someone has tapped a fresh keg, or something has gone desperately wrong!!
Providing the enemy the opportunity to die for his country!!
IYAAYAS!!!

NeckCuttah
x3tc

Post by NeckCuttah » Wed, 21. Apr 04, 07:04

They are sold at the shipyard in Family Tkr. Its on the east side of the tracks. I have one set up in Family Tkr. Most folks say it's not profittable, and that very well may be the case. I just hated jumping all over the place just to buy 2 at a time. Now I have a ship stationed there to gather whenever one is produced. Comes in handy for me as I have a fleet of about 200 transport ships (and growing everyday) and it's get's a bit expensive outfitting them. The one that is produced in this sector will also require rastar oil, energy cells and ore. I built a huge loop in this sector (1 25mw shield fab, 4 crystal fabs, 4 solar power plants, 6 chelt aquariums, 6 rastar oil refinerys, 3 silicon mines and 3 ore mines). 2 sectors north of Family Tkr is Mines of Fortune. There are some illegal operations going on in this sector so a lot of pirate ships to capture, if you prefer pirate transport ships. (I do - never purchased a transport ship - have about 200 capped pirate transports). :D

Good luck!
I sure do like biscuits

Ushiikun
x2

Post by Ushiikun » Wed, 21. Apr 04, 07:06

I believe he is looking for 125 not 25, and 125 I believe is a Argon station.
I am a bomb technician, if you see me running, try to keep up, cause either someone has tapped a fresh keg, or something has gone desperately wrong!!
Providing the enemy the opportunity to die for his country!!
IYAAYAS!!!

NeckCuttah
x3tc

Post by NeckCuttah » Wed, 21. Apr 04, 07:08

You're right. Hahahaha, guess that's what I get for paying attention. What's the saying? "I'm too poor to pay attention". I'll check around and see what I can come up with. Heh. :oops:
I sure do like biscuits

twilight_echoes
x3tc

Post by twilight_echoes » Wed, 21. Apr 04, 07:16

lucky planets, getsu fune definitely have them.

NeckCuttah
x3tc

Post by NeckCuttah » Wed, 21. Apr 04, 07:20

lucky planets, getsu fune definitely have them.
These two sectors have the production facility, but not available in the shipyard. I tracked it down though. The only place in the whole universe that I could find (and I think I looked at all of the shipyards) is in the sector called Great Reef. Owned by the Boron. Their shipyard there does in fact sell this station, but it's 4,155,128 bucks. (That's four million). So, ya, thar she blows. Heh.
I sure do like biscuits

lLongshanks
x3tc

Post by lLongshanks » Wed, 21. Apr 04, 17:03

Thanks alot, I wasnt looking to save or make money from the shield fabs. I just need about 100 x 125 mw shields and its taking to long for ai to make them
Iv been mass buying boron mantas and and buying 125mw shield on each when it gets to the equipment dock option but thats more annoying not to mention 60 boron mantas sitting idle

James_2k
x3

Post by James_2k » Wed, 21. Apr 04, 17:28

there is one in the great reef sector (?) its a boron one, you have to go deep into the sector to find it though. Kudos to the guys who told me this couple of days back.

HRH
x2

Post by HRH » Thu, 22. Apr 04, 00:11

Theres another Boron one in that hidden millitary sector, Depths of Silence (or silent depths...can't remember exactly what it's called).

-TD-13-
x3

Post by -TD-13- » Thu, 22. Apr 04, 01:20

Ushiikun wrote:Not 100% sure, but just to warn you, unless you need hundreds of the things, it isn't going to save you any money.
Yes, you are correct. Most high tech stuff will not save you (or make you) any money. You save barely anything per sheild, which takes hours and hours to create. (125mws are one of the worst) Basically, unless you are looking for over 200 sheilds, you aren't saving any money. (thats 1600 hours game time, btw) :shock:

The only thing this factory will do for you is give you a little more convienence, but at a very, very, very, very large price.

KarlHemmings
x4

Post by KarlHemmings » Thu, 22. Apr 04, 12:35

As a side issue - what are you doing about gamma / beta HEPT - PSG - PPCs?
I set up a 125MW shield factory and support factories - the support factories make lots of money and I know where I can get hold of 125MW shields. However when I then went to equip my M2 I found it harder to get hold of the weapons.
For example as far as I can tell only two factories make gamma HEPT and only one makes gamma PPC.
I have set up a loop for a gamma HEPT factory and will be looking to set up a dual loop for two gamma PSG factories.
The end factories are not expected to make money - just toys for the capital ships I am collecting.

GrendelMk1
x3

Post by GrendelMk1 » Thu, 22. Apr 04, 15:04

Am I missing something? How does it take 100 125mw shields to pay off the loop? The cash you put in to the fabs goes to your other fabs. (you DO have your own support fabs, right?) Pull the money back out of the support fabs, and re-inset into the 125mw fab. Remove your 2 shields. Rinse, repeat until buried up to neck in shield generators. Same for GPPCs. And you should see the money you can save by making your own shields/weaps for M3s to fill a carrier. Buy S versions and load 'em yourself.

Outfit a few M6s for sector defense, a couple of M2s for your egofleet, a TL or two, and suddenly it looks really good. Not to mention, they'll keep coming for as long as you want to play the game.

Doesn't hurt to have a TP or two for storage per fab, either. No ship to outfit right at the moment? Put the swag in storage for later.

Lutzie
x2

Post by Lutzie » Thu, 22. Apr 04, 15:07

Am I missing something? Why are you building 125mw shields for a manta?
People, LEARN:

Lose: To be unsuccessful in retaining possession of; for example: He's always losing his money.
Loose: Not fastened or restrained; for example: Loose papers

Gazzareth
x2

Post by Gazzareth » Thu, 22. Apr 04, 15:19

GrendelMk1 wrote:Am I missing something? How does it take 100 125mw shields to pay off the loop?
I suspect that he means in order to pay off the cost of setting the whole thing up in the first place !!!!

KarlHemmings
x4

Post by KarlHemmings » Thu, 22. Apr 04, 15:30

Ref bulk buy Manta and 125MW shields.
This is exploiting a loop hole. If the equipment dock has 1x125MW shield and you have the cash - you can buy in the shipyard 10 TPs and during the equip your ship screen put 1 x 125MW shield in each.
End result 0 x 125MW shields in equipment dock but 10xTP with 1x125MW shields in each.
Not that I have ever used such a loop hole; cough cough - my never noticed how long my nose is.... okay I found out when buying TPs in Split space - saw the equipment dock had 2x25MW shields and I could buy an "L" class transporter - so the shields would be spare - I was setting up a middle level factory and wanted 3x TPs so bought the 3x"L" TP and bought what I thought was 2x25MW shields only to find all 3 of the TPs had 2x25MW shields spare. Quickly bought another TP and transferred the spare shields over for later.

Return to “X Trilogy Universe”