Sector Planner v1.5 - NOW RELEASED (1 October 2005)

General discussions about the games by Egosoft including X-BTF, XT, X², X³: Reunion, X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

The NME
x4

Yet more help from Lord Such

Post by The NME » Fri, 7. May 04, 18:33

I cant believe how helpful this program and thread is.

I am not going to ask this board any more questions,
I am just going to ask the oracle that is
THE MAGNIFICENT LORD SUCH

Never before have us peasants had such a wonderful benefactor for a lord of the manor
RIP PJK - Gone but not forgotten
The lessons you taught will be forever remembered
The master is remembered by many padowans

Jethro Smiles
x3

Post by Jethro Smiles » Sat, 8. May 04, 22:54

:D Huzzah to the 1.2 :D

awsome the the max
Goner But Not Forgotten

Brainman
x2

Cant Seem to find a download sight

Post by Brainman » Fri, 14. May 04, 18:45

The lordsuch download link forwards you to a bad url search page.

The other sight was hacked and now has page.

Anyone know of a mirror or place I can download 1.2

:D
Brainman

If you get angry at stupid people you will never be happy
50% of the people you know are below average

LordSuch
x3

Re: Cant Seem to find a download sight

Post by LordSuch » Fri, 14. May 04, 19:35

Brainman wrote:The lordsuch download link forwards you to a bad url search page.

The other sight was hacked and now has page.

Anyone know of a mirror or place I can download 1.2
Both sites are back up now (although some people can't access http://lordsuch.does.it/).

Are you sure the 1asphost site was hacked - when I checked only the index page was missing which is very odd.

I did download the version on that site and my virus scanner was happy with it, however to be certain I have re-uploaded v1.2 to the site.

If you still have problems, please let me know.

Cheers

LS

Brainman
x2

Thanks for the quick reply

Post by Brainman » Fri, 14. May 04, 19:49

Yes about 3 days ago it displayed Hacked with some russian or similar language. then a day latter the index page was removed.

Great tool by the way Major kudos

BZ 73 :?

A cookie to who ever can tell him what that means.
Brainman

If you get angry at stupid people you will never be happy
50% of the people you know are below average

LordSuch
x3

Re: Thanks for the quick reply

Post by LordSuch » Fri, 14. May 04, 20:02

Brainman wrote:Yes about 3 days ago it displayed Hacked with some russian or similar language. then a day latter the index page was removed.
Maybe someone managed to hack the whole hosting provider; if they had targetted me directly I would have expected other files (including some that aren't linked) to have been changed - which they weren't. Also the removal of the offending index page leads me to believe the hosting provider may have cleaned up after the attack.

As I stated I did re-upload the program so there are no worries on that front.

Glad you're enjoying the program.

Cheers

LS

Eric the Viking
x3tc

Post by Eric the Viking » Sat, 15. May 04, 02:37

Wonderful program LS. I imagine it was a nightmare in the making ;)

I did have a possibly silly question... when the program displays the details of short falls in production does this take into account those wares that ARE being produced?

That sentence dosen't even make sense to even me so I'll give an example of what I mean... a sector has a requirement for 100 EC and the SPP provide 60EC, so the value of -40 would be displayed?

Yes, it's silly question but I like to be sure ;)

On a separate note, it's interesting to see that some people have had success placing SPPs where there doesn't really seem to be any demand for energy... Paranid Prime for example... it shows -1 EC but including only one jump, the reading becomes +75 (off the top of my head) The AI transports really need pull their finger out!

Also, is it possible to remove the production from Presidents End snice this sector becomes dead shortly into the game and so it adds nothing to the local economy.

Cheers,

Eric

LordSuch
x3

Post by LordSuch » Sat, 15. May 04, 04:39

Eric the Viking wrote:when the program displays the details of short falls in production does this take into account those wares that ARE being produced?
Yes!
Eric the Viking wrote: On a separate note, it's interesting to see that some people have had success placing SPPs where there doesn't really seem to be any demand for energy...
Which is exactly why you nearly always need a selling ship (or ships) for a SPP - unless you are selling e-cells very cheaply. The trick is to look for sectors where there is relatively little surplus as your seller can usually sell before the AI buyer can travel the 1 or more sectors to get it cheaper.
Eric the Viking wrote: Also, is it possible to remove the production from Presidents End snice this sector becomes dead shortly into the game and so it adds nothing to the local economy.
Yes, go to Tools->Khaak Invaded :)

Have fun!

Cheers

LS

Eric the Viking
x3tc

Post by Eric the Viking » Sat, 15. May 04, 05:22

Many thanks :)

Cheers,

Eric

KarlHemmings
x4

Post by KarlHemmings » Sat, 15. May 04, 10:25

Great tool - been using it since first post of v1.2
I noticed today that the Teladi 5MW shield factory I tried to add had required resource as energy, nostrop and silicon - however my teladi fab had energy, nostrop and ore as requried items.
Is there a way to edit the required items for a station?
Karl

LordSuch
x3

Post by LordSuch » Sat, 15. May 04, 12:07

KarlHemmings wrote:Great tool - been using it since first post of v1.2
I noticed today that the Teladi 5MW shield factory I tried to add had required resource as energy, nostrop and silicon - however my teladi fab had energy, nostrop and ore as requried items.
Is there a way to edit the required items for a station?
Karl
Okay I will look into this...

For the time being, you can go to the add station dialogue, select your factory and then right click on the silicon wafer row, and select delete. You can then click on the first empty row in the resource area and select Ore from the drop down to add ore.

BTW Can someone confirm to me that the 5MW shield fab in The Vault does require silicon wafers rather than ore.

Cheers

LS

KarlHemmings
x4

Post by KarlHemmings » Mon, 17. May 04, 10:04

Had domestics to do this weekend so was unable to check on The Vault - will make time today to have a look.
Many thanks for the information.
Karl

KarlHemmings
x4

Post by KarlHemmings » Mon, 17. May 04, 14:07

Hi
Checked on The Vault and yes it uses Silicon not ore.
Checked on the 5MW factory in Profit Centre Alpha and it uses ore not silicon..... go figure as someone said to me yesterday.
I did not have time to look at any other factories - it was a dash and splash job for lunch.

Karl

Cervo-mix
x3tc

Post by Cervo-mix » Sun, 23. May 04, 16:02

Incredible tool, very useful!

xalien
x4

Post by xalien » Tue, 25. May 04, 18:26

I noticed some bug in 1st release, now I've upgraded to 1.3 and it's still there: whenever I try to place Soyery in Paranid Prime (haven't tried anywhere else) I get an SPP. Has anybody else placed Soyeries in there with Sector Planner?

LordSuch
x3

Post by LordSuch » Wed, 26. May 04, 20:30

x2alien wrote:I noticed some bug in 1st release, now I've upgraded to 1.3 and it's still there: whenever I try to place Soyery in Paranid Prime (haven't tried anywhere else) I get an SPP. Has anybody else placed Soyeries in there with Sector Planner?
Have you discovered the secret of time travel? Version 1.3 is in development and hasn't been released yet! :roll:

I have tried all versions including the beta versions that were not publicly released and cannot replicate this problem.
The spp is right next to the soyery in the drop down list - are you certain that you're not accidently selecting a spp?

If you're still having this problem, please let me know the full version number in the Help->About box.

Cheers

LS

pjknibbs
x4

Post by pjknibbs » Wed, 26. May 04, 21:19

LordSuch wrote: Have you discovered the secret of time travel? Version 1.3 is in development and hasn't been released yet! :roll:
Er...no it isn't, 1.3 has been out for months now. It's 1.4 which is currently under development.

Freggel.Doe
x2

Post by Freggel.Doe » Wed, 26. May 04, 22:43

pjknibbs wrote: Er...no it isn't, 1.3 has been out for months now. It's 1.4 which is currently under development.
hmm, methinks this is the sectorplanner thread and they were talking about that little (yet so useful) program, which is currently at version 1.2.:wink:

greetings freggel

LordSuch
x3

Post by LordSuch » Thu, 27. May 04, 00:11

pjknibbs wrote:Er...no it isn't, 1.3 has been out for months now. It's 1.4 which is currently under development.
Just to confirm, I was talking about Sector Planner obviously.... :roll:

pjknibbs
x4

Post by pjknibbs » Thu, 27. May 04, 08:40

LordSuch wrote: Just to confirm, I was talking about Sector Planner obviously.... :roll:
Well, that's just confusing! You should use the same version numbers as for the game, then poor old men like me wouldn't make daft errors... :-)

Return to “X Trilogy Universe”