Khaak M2's

General discussions about the games by Egosoft including X-BTF, XT, X², X³: Reunion, X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

Rakarth
x2

Khaak M2's

Post by Rakarth » Wed, 9. Jun 04, 16:57

Hi there all!

Been playing X-2 for a while now, lovin all the advice up on the broads!
Question? How to take on a Khaak Destroyer? I've seen posts where people claim to take on huge numbers - I assume they respawn just like Zenon K's or is this foul mod work. How is this done? I own my own destroyer - a Titan - and regulary kick some Zenon butt - with the strafe drive its SO easy to dodge their fire, but there is no chance of this with the Khaak M2 since it pretty much always hits something in range - especially a capital ship. Its weapons are way superior - I have yet get the stats but have unlocked the five Khaak sectors. Even without the stats I an tell it has 18 identical lasers, so unlike my usual Zenon pray the back is not the weak spot. Short of using alot of hornets, or with the new patch jumping in with a sister ship or two.....

Also I am near reaching Ace of Aces 1st grade - can you really capture Zenon M2's?

Cheers!
Last edited by Rakarth on Wed, 9. Jun 04, 17:34, edited 1 time in total.

Grox
x2

Post by Grox » Wed, 9. Jun 04, 17:05

Ok i dont know from experience but to try to answer your questions...

1. I've heard it recommended that you take an odysseus and attack from the front or sides or something but the one thing not to do is attack from the back. im guessing thats because theyre fast and if you get behind them theyll fly out of range of your weapons while they pummel you with their guns

2. yes you can cap them

Damar Stiehl
x3

Post by Damar Stiehl » Wed, 9. Jun 04, 17:16

The Ass Blasters are the most challenging opponents in the game unless you're driving an Ody.

But you CAN take them on in an Osprey.

You need dual PSGs front and back. Never pick on an M2 if another M2 is around. Always attack head-on and start firing PSGs just before you get into firing range. Strafe up or down as you approach and hug the hull of the M2 as close as you can. Usually you can strip the shields by the time you are at point-blank distance... at this time, drop a Hornet or two point-blank and let your turrets finish the job.

If you end up behind the M2, you have very little chance of survival... they aren't called Ass Blasters for nothing... Either jump out, or (if you have cajones mui grandes) fly into the dock opening on the end of the M2's hull. There you're safe from the Kyon Emitters but you'll probably bang up your hull quite a bit.

James_2k
x3

Post by James_2k » Wed, 9. Jun 04, 19:33

your forgetting that psgs are for lamers, get a fleet together!!

johnstrt
x3

Post by johnstrt » Wed, 9. Jun 04, 20:24

As everyone says, avoid getting behind an M2. Best approach IME is to cross in front of them at 90 degrees, which gives lots of your turrets a firing angle, and makes it hard for their weaps. I use PSGs, but don't see why this wouldn't work with PPCs. If you have to take them head-on, try to turn with them when they chicken, and run close alongside, where they cannot hit you. Don't bother with missiles.

pjknibbs
x4

Post by pjknibbs » Wed, 9. Jun 04, 21:20

james_2k wrote:your forgetting that psgs are for lamers, get a fleet together!!
Unfortunately, without PSGs you will need a good half-dozen M2 ships to have much hope of destroying a Khaak M2, and getting them all into position to fire is going to be ruddy awkward. Even then you're likely to take severe damage to one or more of your M2s.

If you have enough money to do that, fine...

Helion X
x2

Post by Helion X » Wed, 9. Jun 04, 21:22

pjknibbs wrote:
Unfortunately, without PSGs you will need a good half-dozen M2 ships to have much hope of destroying a Khaak M2, and getting them all into position to fire is going to be ruddy awkward. Even then you're likely to take severe damage to one or more of your M2s.

there are ppl that can take out khaak M2's without the psg.. just look at me 8)

and im using a titan

James_2k
x3

Post by James_2k » Wed, 9. Jun 04, 21:28

pjknibbs wrote:

if that is the case then so be it, the m2's are supposed to be hard, i see them as one of the the main goals of the game, taking them in one ship is like shooting someone in the back instead of turning them around first (and possibly waking them up :))

pjknibbs
x4

Post by pjknibbs » Wed, 9. Jun 04, 21:28

Explo|t wrote: there are ppl that can take out khaak M2's without the psg.. just look at me 8)

and im using a titan
So how are you doing it? Just SAYING you're doing it isn't proof. All I know is that the only time I tried taking a maxed out Boron Ray into a Khaak sector I had my butt handed to me before the shields on the first M2 were half down, and a Ray is faster than a Titan...

Shifty

Post by Shifty » Wed, 9. Jun 04, 21:33

james_2k wrote:
pjknibbs wrote:

if that is the case then so be it, the m2's are supposed to be hard, i see them as one of the the main goals of the game, taking them in one ship is like shooting someone in the back instead of turning them around first (and possibly waking them up :))

at this point i would like to direct vision to his name (Explo|t)'

Thank you for your attention :p

James_2k
x3

Post by James_2k » Wed, 9. Jun 04, 21:33

pjknibbs wrote:
Explo|t wrote: there are ppl that can take out khaak M2's without the psg.. just look at me 8)

and im using a titan
So how are you doing it? Just SAYING you're doing it isn't proof. All I know is that the only time I tried taking a maxed out Boron Ray into a Khaak sector I had my butt handed to me before the shields on the first M2 were half down, and a Ray is faster than a Titan...
maybe he used hornets as they were supposed to be?

Helion X
x2

Post by Helion X » Wed, 9. Jun 04, 21:34

u have to take advanced movement... although i may been lucky... try to keep your gun's firing all the time whilw trying to avoid the lousy turret speed on the Khaak ship.. 1 time i took out a khaak m2 with just loosing half the sheild... but its living on the edge

Shifty

Post by Shifty » Wed, 9. Jun 04, 21:34

hes name is exploit take a bloddy guess :D

Helion X
x2

Post by Helion X » Wed, 9. Jun 04, 21:36

Shifty wrote:hes name is exploit take a bloddy guess :D
erhm.. don't take me for beeing a cheater.. i hate cheating.. i realy do.. and explo|t its just name i picked up from microsoft answears to whats this update fixing things

Midge
x4

Post by Midge » Wed, 9. Jun 04, 23:59

pjknibbs wrote:So how are you doing it? Just SAYING you're doing it isn't proof. All I know is that the only time I tried taking a maxed out Boron Ray into a Khaak sector I had my butt handed to me before the shields on the first M2 were half down, and a Ray is faster than a Titan...
Woo Hoo!!!!! I just did it! :D :D :D :D :D

Ship: Titan with max PPC or HEPT that each turrent can mount.

Tactic:

1. Set turrets to attack my target
2. Approach head on
3. When Khaak M2 starts to turn, reduce speed to about 100
4. Strafe to stay forward of the M2
5. Keep turning your nose towards but not directly at M2
6. M2 dies after about 30 seconds

Didn't check to see what my shield level was, but pretty sure it was still above 50%. Admittedly, I died on the first try because I couldn't stay forward of the M2. SUCCESS on second attempt.

*edit* Just now killed an M1 also. Took nearly twice as long as the M2. Shields stayed above 50% and were at 71% after the kill.

Storm666
x3tc

Post by Storm666 » Thu, 10. Jun 04, 01:38

same as midge execpt at 5, im going around the back of it giving it a broadside then turning to face its backside to follow (if its still alive by then)
easy in a titan

White Tiger
x2

Post by White Tiger » Thu, 10. Jun 04, 02:42

The Ody with Gamma PSG's and one Gamma PPC in the middle slot of the turrets. The best way to kick any other Cap ship's butt. Head right at them, slow down when they are in range and after your front turrets have fired, raise your ship's nose up a little and let the bottom turrets fire a bit as the Enemy M2 or M1 banks away from you. Then lower your nose and let the top turrets finish the job, Less than 30 seconds and they are dead. I never use strafe drive at all. One thing to avoid is having a lot of fighter ships attacking you and also a nearby enemy station. Your guns will use thier energy firing at them instead of the cap ship.

Helion X
x2

Post by Helion X » Thu, 10. Jun 04, 08:52

Midge wrote:
pjknibbs wrote:So how are you doing it? Just SAYING you're doing it isn't proof. All I know is that the only time I tried taking a maxed out Boron Ray into a Khaak sector I had my butt handed to me before the shields on the first M2 were half down, and a Ray is faster than a Titan...
Woo Hoo!!!!! I just did it! :D :D :D :D :D

Ship: Titan with max PPC or HEPT that each turrent can mount.

Tactic:

1. Set turrets to attack my target
2. Approach head on
3. When Khaak M2 starts to turn, reduce speed to about 100
4. Strafe to stay forward of the M2
5. Keep turning your nose towards but not directly at M2
6. M2 dies after about 30 seconds

Didn't check to see what my shield level was, but pretty sure it was still above 50%. Admittedly, I died on the first try because I couldn't stay forward of the M2. SUCCESS on second attempt.

*edit* Just now killed an M1 also. Took nearly twice as long as the M2. Shields stayed above 50% and were at 71% after the kill.
Finally another one that understands that the Khaak Destroyers can be killed by a Titan... and have done it

Good Work

kinein
x2

Post by kinein » Thu, 10. Jun 04, 15:38

So what about Capturing??????????????????????????????????????????????
X-Treme ^_^

Return to “X Trilogy Universe”