A little Khaaks capturing guide

General discussions about the games by Egosoft including X-BTF, XT, X², X³: Reunion, X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

Brodie
x4

Post by Brodie » Mon, 26. Jul 04, 22:34

Oh right! Im combat ace 1st and I've tried and tried to no avail, im mean it it doesnt not seem to be possible. I've cleared out Khaak Sectors and no caps not even a message to say i've destroyed any in my log book.

Also i've had no luck (and i've tried!) capping any M6's in the assasination missions.

Brodie

Ps thanks for the quick reply

VincentTH
x4

Post by VincentTH » Mon, 26. Jul 04, 22:34

Adonne wrote:
pjknibbs wrote:
Brodie wrote:If you have the Khaak Weapon specs you can no longer capture Khaak Ships, crap hey!!!
That's not quite true. You can still cap Khaak when you have the specs, but you have to be Combat Ace 2nd Grade or higher to do it.
thats not quite true either i am CA2 and still cant capture Khaak
If you can't capture Khaak, it does not necessarily means they cannot be captured. Just try harder. :-)

Adonne
x2

Post by Adonne » Mon, 26. Jul 04, 22:36

VincentTH wrote:
Adonne wrote:
pjknibbs wrote:
Brodie wrote:If you have the Khaak Weapon specs you can no longer capture Khaak Ships, crap hey!!!
That's not quite true. You can still cap Khaak when you have the specs, but you have to be Combat Ace 2nd Grade or higher to do it.
thats not quite true either i am CA2 and still cant capture Khaak
If you can't capture Khaak, it does not necessarily means they cannot be captured. Just try harder. :-)
2 hours spent in Khaak space trying and then total destruction of 5 khaak sectors in pure desgust after weeks of trying i think is patient enough
Advanced Magnate
Ace of Ace 3rd

Brodie
x4

Post by Brodie » Mon, 26. Jul 04, 22:38

I've tried, trust me i've tried..........you try harder!!!!

Natedog10k
x2

Post by Natedog10k » Mon, 26. Jul 04, 22:52

I'm at combat ace 2nd grade as well. Haven't had the least bit of hope getting death beam equipped toy(which I plan to name "Khaak Wobbler"). Oddly enough, I managed to capture a Dragon during an assasination mission but my Titan's overzelous turrents turned it into scrap.

seethestar
x4

Post by seethestar » Mon, 26. Jul 04, 23:00

im CA-1st grade - 6 hrs of trying and an entire night spent in Khack terratories has yielded NO khack..

AJ

Thermopylae
x2

Post by Thermopylae » Mon, 26. Jul 04, 23:07

A wee "signed" script maybe :?:

Natedog10k
x2

Post by Natedog10k » Mon, 26. Jul 04, 23:17

Are you suggesting we should script one in? And cast aside my code of honor? NEVEERRRRR!

Adonne
x2

Post by Adonne » Mon, 26. Jul 04, 23:22

i think he means a signed script from the devs to fix the error

Pleeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeease

see you all in a week i have to get my rank up now
Advanced Magnate
Ace of Ace 3rd

VincentTH
x4

Post by VincentTH » Mon, 26. Jul 04, 23:22

No, I am not suggesting unsigned scripts. 2 hours spent in Khaak sector is nothing.

I spent lots of hours in K sectors, bringing my combat rank from AoA3rd 30% (when v1.4 came out) to AoA2nd, and have capped 12 KM5, 5 KM4 and a single KM3 which the turrets killed instantly.

10 mins after reaching AoA2nd, I capped 2 KM3, one with full lasers.

After you get the specs, higher combat rank increases the likelihood of capping Khaaks!

Natedog10k
x2

Post by Natedog10k » Mon, 26. Jul 04, 23:27

Guess I'll just have to pound away at my ranking for another month or so.

Sparhawk81
x3tc

Post by Sparhawk81 » Mon, 26. Jul 04, 23:28

I've just found another good way to Khaak capping... we could consider it an evolution of b-b-q's technique, and a lil cheaper.

In fact, this technique requires "only" a Nemesis, instead of an Ody, and I think it can be useful for those players who, like me, haven't earned 'nuff credits to efford a capital ship.

All u need is a Nemesis, equipped with full engine tunings, and the several PSGs it can carry (GPSG as main mount, and BPSGs as turrets).
The catch is quote simple: u attack a Khaak cluster then, instead of stayng in its middle and fighting, just run away from it. At full speed.
This way, u do obtain 3 advantages:

1) U put some distance from ur ship to the crowded zones of the sector (other ships usually don't like the area effect of ur PSGs)
2) U put some distance from ur ship to the Khaaks that surrendered (avoiding to friendly-fire 'em... usuallt... :D)
3) Khaaks will start following u, ignoring capped ships, and aligning themselves in a row (yeah, smart guys!!).

This way, now and then, u only have to spin 'round, fire some shots at the closest Khaak till it surrenders (or 'till it dies... whatever), spin round again take some distance (in that meanwhile, u can order the newly capped khaak to dock at the nearest station), and repeat the procedure with the next one.

This way, I've capped more or less 8 M5s... with a good average of shields/weapons (let's say, approximately, 50%) in only ONE attack run. It took me just some minutes... let's say 10 or 15, more or less.

Well, hope u find it useful! :D

Brodie
x4

Post by Brodie » Mon, 26. Jul 04, 23:32

Is it possible for us to get an official word on wether the Khaak Capping bug confirmed earlier on this post will be fixed in a mini patch or script.

Brodie

VincentTH
x4

Post by VincentTH » Mon, 26. Jul 04, 23:34

Brodie wrote:Is it possible for us to get an official word on wether the Khaak Capping bug confirmed earlier on this post will be fixed in a mini patch or script.

Brodie
I rather see the devs spend their time on the Expansion Pack. The problem with a Hot Patch is that people who have not bought the specs will see it as a nerf.

Brodie
x4

Post by Brodie » Mon, 26. Jul 04, 23:35

Yeah but it's just being made to the way it was intended to be.

VincentTH
x4

Post by VincentTH » Mon, 26. Jul 04, 23:54

Brodie wrote:Yeah but it's just being made to the way it was intended to be.
Well, just think that you have played it "the correct way" as the devs intended it. :-)
Otherwise, you are acting like the biblical garden worker who complained that those coming to work after he does, get paid the same amount he got paid.

Thermopylae
x2

Post by Thermopylae » Tue, 27. Jul 04, 00:01

Let me get this straight

a few days ago i captured a km4 and a couple of km5s

i hadnt bought the khaak details then

now i have to wait to increase rank (but it will definitely happen?)
to capture further ?

im A1st so its not too big a deal :o

FoxK
x3

Post by FoxK » Tue, 27. Jul 04, 00:02

Just my 2 cents worth....i'm a Combat Ace 1...almost to AoA...have just spent over 1/2 a MILLION rounds of mass driver ammo in conjunction with ion disrupters (easy shield kills with very precise hull damaging for capping)....not 1 bail out with an estimated 4-5000 khaaks killed. Similar results using ion D's and alpha IRE's etc.

Brodie
x4

Post by Brodie » Tue, 27. Jul 04, 00:11

VincentTH Said:
Brodie wrote:
Yeah but it's just being made to the way it was intended to be.

Well, just think that you have played it "the correct way" as the devs intended it.
Otherwise, you are acting like the biblical garden worker who complained that those coming to work after he does, get paid the same amount he got paid.
Er, what are you on about mate, Trust me on this, and if you cant then listen to everyone else: AS SOON AS THE KHAAK STATS ARE BOUGHT IT IS NO LONGER POSSIBLE TO CAP KHAAKS, I and lots of other people have tried over and over and over again. It doesn't matter if you get over CA 2 THEY STILL CANT BE CAPTURED!

Now it has been officially released that this is a bug and it shouldnt be like this, in fact it should have been the opposite (after COA 2 not before) "Khaak ships will be capturable for advanced players"
All i was saying is that it should be put back to the way it was meant to be!!

Adonne
x2

Post by Adonne » Tue, 27. Jul 04, 00:19

Thermopylae wrote:Let me get this straight

a few days ago i captured a km4 and a couple of km5s

i hadnt bought the khaak details then

now i have to wait to increase rank (but it will definitely happen?)
to capture further ?

im A1st so its not too big a deal :o
no big deal! it took me a month(playing normally without just flying around Khaak space for a week) to progess from CA3 To CA2 you have 4 ranks to go good luck

don't know a bout you but spending 2 hours just destroying Khaak for a 15% increase gets a little tedious
Advanced Magnate
Ace of Ace 3rd

Return to “X Trilogy Universe”