Highend good factories ARE making good profit!

General discussions about the games by Egosoft including X-BTF, XT, X², X³: Reunion, X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

Cosmin
x3tc

Highend good factories ARE making good profit!

Post by Cosmin » Tue, 19. Oct 04, 10:24

Ore Belt is my sector.
I have a few loops there (for space fuel and spaceweed) making decent profit.
I have a few SPP (non-looped) making good profit. I'll try the looped ones soon.
But being curious, I made a 125MW loop. That's a serious source of income.You wait for the finnished product but in the end the lump sum received from selling is great.
I think that I'll go for the highend products.
Next in line is a looped Rimes Fact in Light of Heart.
I'll also employ Boron Hydras for sector patrol.
I don't like that ship but capped one, decided to keep it and set it for sector patrol in ore belt along with an osprey.
Guess what? Until the osprey gets to the action zone the hydra kills everything!
Since I employed that hydra in ore belt I haven't lost a single ship there (some got damaged though).
Guess I'll buy 2 more hydras for protecting ore belt.Just to be sure.
Also, a strange thing: In ore belt there is a Boron Patrol also aiding.When I first started building my stations in ore belt the boron patrol was not there.
What is it doing there?
Nevermind, I'll have 3 hydras + 1 boron hydra. Guess I'll never have problems in ore belt.
As soon as I'll get the money I'll rebuild President's End.
Transworld Enterprises
CEO Cosmin C. Constantin

The proud producers of Uncle Ton's canned boron meat.

CGrand
x2

Post by CGrand » Tue, 19. Oct 04, 11:35

where did you put 125mw loop?

I've allways fancie building one of those.

and agreed hydras do make good Paired sector defenders
CGrand
Novas caught - 141
Rank - NST Squad Leader

AMG - Mission Expert &
Premier AMG Client

Commander of the Royal Mining Company

I’m writing all the right letters just not, necessarily in the right order – Morcam & wise

Cosmin
x3tc

Post by Cosmin » Tue, 19. Oct 04, 13:02

The 125MW loop is in ore belt.
Ore belt is a great system. Mineral rich, plenty of free space for developing, a pirate base (that buys my spaceweed and spacefuel).
I scanned all the roids there and I found 3 silicon roids of 64 yeld and 1 ore roid of 52 yeld(+ many 20+ yeld ore/silicon roids).
Also is very close to the Argon Prime and Paranid Prime shipyards allowing you to quickly aquire SDS equipped demeters for your loops.
There is also an Argon Warf in Cloud Base South East that allows your ships to be quickly repaired or bought.
Also you can sell there (CBSE) any capped ships from ore belt.
About the 125MW factory, when my Kingdom End SPP generated a profit of 1.500.000 aprox, the 125 MW factory generated a profit of aprox. 4.000.000.
But the KE SPP was not looped. I'll soon create a looped SPP to compare profits.
BTW, I went to Xenon sector 472 for the first time. IT'S GREAT! When I'll buy my fisrt M1 I will fill it with Xenon Ls.
That xenon sector is an endless source for capping ships. I went there with a Barracuda but found it to be a weak weapon against the xenon k (probably I did not do it right) so tonight I'll try with a BPSG Perseus.
maybe I'll get lucky and put my hands on the much acclaimed K.
Transworld Enterprises
CEO Cosmin C. Constantin

The proud producers of Uncle Ton's canned boron meat.

wwwolf
x3ap

Post by wwwolf » Wed, 20. Oct 04, 20:37

Hydras make outstanding OOS defenders despite what the masses say. Just make sure you are NOT in the sector when it approches a cluster or you will loose it in 1.4. Even though it is considered a weaker corvette, In sector, the hydra lasted longer than my centaur which died twice when approaching a cluster and strangely, died MUCH quicker than the Hydra did both times.

Setting an Osprey to guard the Hydra (which is not nessesary OOS) is pointless while in sector because it will not get there fast enough to save the hydras butt.

Vice-Versa, having the hydra guard the osprey is pointless because you still run into the SLOW intercept time causing KM5 stragglers.

I fully support the Hydra for OOS but recommend an Osprey or M1 or M2 for sectors you will be in alot.

I am currently wondering if a fighter support wing would help the Hydra and Centaur while in the sector.

I LOVE capping KM3s with my Hydra IonD, and the Barracuda is not as strongly sheilded for IonD capping and the Titan is too expensive for capping M3s and smaller.

I am glad to see others enjoying their Hydra like I am.

wwwolf

Lordcd
x3

Post by Lordcd » Wed, 20. Oct 04, 20:50

one thing though, you can't capture normal xenon k's. only in transport person from ... to ... when xenon are threatening him can you capture the k. atleast thats what ppl told me.

i'm going to make 125mw loop too, you sell those shields to the equipment docks dont you? i'm setting up stuff for 3 125mw loops and for 3 GPPC loops. almost everything is ready, need to finish up the last parts and get sector defenses but i ran out of cash, 40 mil down the drain :lol:

Return to “X Trilogy Universe”