NEWS: To end 2004, The_Abyss meets Avis for some news on TR

General discussions about the games by Egosoft including X-BTF, XT, X², X³: Reunion, X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

Dr.Sid
x3

Cutscenes !?

Post by Dr.Sid » Tue, 18. Jan 05, 09:58

Who needs them !?
They only take time (in X2) .. if it was page of plain text, I'd be lucky. Put the money in something different !

L12
x4

Post by L12 » Tue, 18. Jan 05, 11:44

Got to say, the cut scenes in X2 have caused me no end of problems. I know it's mostly my fault for having a poor computer, but I'm stuck now on the final mission because a cut scene tries to kick in and the game crashes to the desktop (tried finishing it several times). So frustrating (though also amusing in a sick sort of way :D ). It'd be nice to be able to just press Esc to bypass any cut scenes or even have an option to play w/o them.

Having said all that, when my new parts finally get delivered I'm going to put together my nice new comp and enjoy the game in all it's glory - just wish they'd hurry up with the delivery.

pjknibbs
x4

Re: Cutscenes !?

Post by pjknibbs » Tue, 18. Jan 05, 18:23

Dr.Sid wrote:Who needs them !?
They only take time (in X2) .. if it was page of plain text, I'd be lucky. Put the money in something different !
Money? What money? Avis is a volunteer, and I doubt Egosoft are paying him for his work.

private mofo
x2

Post by private mofo » Tue, 1. Feb 05, 22:01

nice interview. BTW After looking at those sceenshots i went and buikt my PC a coffin, just looking at them makes it crash (seriously, its true, stop laughing)

:lol:
Dancing on the head of a pin is not a talent if the head of the pin is considerably larger then you........

The_Abyss
x3

Post by The_Abyss » Wed, 2. Feb 05, 00:54

Then you also read that these screenshots are pre-rendered....
Strung out on Britain's high, hitting an all time low

duriel
x3tc

Post by duriel » Wed, 2. Feb 05, 01:11

Pre-renedered is good. Should give us better quality.

The_Abyss> THe problem with showing some planet side screenshots has unfortunately got people thinking they'll be able to go to planets.

Neil

The_Abyss
x3

Post by The_Abyss » Wed, 2. Feb 05, 01:15

As nothing has bene confirmed, anything else will just be pure speculation.... :P
Strung out on Britain's high, hitting an all time low

JonHandby
xr

Post by JonHandby » Fri, 4. Feb 05, 00:21

This thread should now be working agian after a problem with the news page today.

Thanks
Jon

Free Trade Inn
x3tc

Post by Free Trade Inn » Fri, 4. Feb 05, 04:20

I hope the close dialoge shots are like the cameo animations we get when we com other ships. I love both the animation and the general appearance of the faces.

Return to “X Trilogy Universe”