Help needed... Silicon Shortage

General discussions about the games by Egosoft including X-BTF, XT, X², X³: Reunion, X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

Odyseus_3
x2

Help needed... Silicon Shortage

Post by Odyseus_3 » Thu, 13. Jan 05, 23:17

Is there anyway I can move my stations in X2. I have a real shortage of silicon in the northern sectors (Above Paranid Prime) but have plenty of Silicon Mines in the south Trinity Sanctum and below, is there a way of moving stations with a TL ?

pjknibbs
x4

Post by pjknibbs » Thu, 13. Jan 05, 23:24

Not until The Return hits the shelves, no.

CBJ
EGOSOFT
EGOSOFT
x4

Post by CBJ » Thu, 13. Jan 05, 23:24

Nope. Have you run out of Silicon asteroids in the north?

Odyseus_3
x2

Post by Odyseus_3 » Thu, 13. Jan 05, 23:28

Yeah, I got so low i even built mines on yield 6 asteroids.

Aro
x4

Post by Aro » Fri, 14. Jan 05, 00:42

Though it's unknown if stations can be moved outside of a sector.

I hope so, if it can only be done by NPC ships and for a huge lump of Cr.
[ external image ]
The end of a trilogy does not mean an end to a series.
| Vanilla with strawberries? [List of Vanilla safe mods.] | Tired of the plots? [Plot Skipper Tool v0.5] |
| X3: R & TC Minimaps |

Kolohe
x4

Post by Kolohe » Fri, 14. Jan 05, 01:28

there is an unofficial script floating around that moves stations and asteroids. I used it once and it worked great. Now I am playing in an unmodified universe so only offical scripts for me. You can also train up some BPH Transports with jumpdrives, they will fetch the silicon as needed.

Merroc
x3tc

Post by Merroc » Fri, 14. Jan 05, 07:26

Get a TL, load it up in the south with as many silicon as you can miss there. Fly/Jump to the north and empty it there.

The_T
x3

Post by The_T » Fri, 14. Jan 05, 07:42

Just create a LARGE fleet of TSes with SDS to move the silicon northward,

Darkon
x2

Post by Darkon » Fri, 14. Jan 05, 14:09

I mine all the low rate asteroids, they will with a different number, usual not that much better.

I have not run out of resources yet, just preparing for the future by culling all the useless ones off, I am hoping that if I do it enough I will get some usefull asteroid ratings.

Have a low rating silicon mine in the north and use SDS to deliver all the silicon from the high rating silicon mines in the south to this station, use it as a dropoff point.

Charlie Whiskey
x3tc

Post by Charlie Whiskey » Fri, 14. Jan 05, 14:25

Asteriods always respawn with the same mineral type and yield, so don't waste your time if you are only hoping for higher yields.
"WhiskeyCorp - The universe's local monopoly" (TM)

johnbunnell
x3

Silicon

Post by johnbunnell » Fri, 14. Jan 05, 14:33

Place an Equipment Dock or Trading Station in the north and set a couple of level 8 jumpdrive equipped BPH ships buying silicon for it. Set the range to max and they'll get the cheapest in the Universe. Then the freighters from your northern fabs can simply buy it from your Dock or Station. If the station has financial difficulties, set it as homebase for a couple of Universe Traders.

JungleJim
x3

Post by JungleJim » Fri, 14. Jan 05, 14:35

Darkon,

Charlie Whiskey is right. Respawned 'roids return with the exact yield they had originally and they return in the exact same spot.

Odyseus,

I agree with The_T. Go ahead and place Si Mines on the low yield Si 'roids, but use a SDS piloted TS fleet to automatically transport them to where they're needed.
Be seeing you,

[ external image ]

Birdman
x3

Re: Silicon

Post by Birdman » Sat, 15. Jan 05, 09:54

johnbunnell wrote:Place an Equipment Dock or Trading Station in the north and set a couple of level 8 jumpdrive equipped BPH ships buying silicon for it. Set the range to max and they'll get the cheapest in the Universe. Then the freighters from your northern fabs can simply buy it from your Dock or Station. If the station has financial difficulties, set it as homebase for a couple of Universe Traders.
Equipment Dock will only hold 104 Silicon Wafers. Hav'n't bought a Trade Station, but suspect the max would be 208, definitly not higher. :(

I currently have a Mammoth in Rhy's Desire storing the product of 4 Silicon mines supported by 2 loops (yields 64, 64, 56, 43) with a maxed Dolphin at each to run it to the TL plus 8 maxed Dolphins docked for storage, and a Hercules in Barren Shores for 9 mines supported by 2 loops (yields 54, 40, 38, 38, 36, 32, 30, 26, 26, 24) also with maxed Dolphins for the Mines and 16 docked. This allows me to feed 24 Crystal Fabs (4 public and 20 private for loops). Yes, this method takes some hands-on management periodically (shifting Silicon to the mines Dolphins to get maximum output from the mine (don't let the stock reach 207), from them to the TL, and from the TL's to the onboard storage Dolphins, and then the reverse to load the TL I send to pick up the Silicon, and distribute it out to the Crystal Fabs).

If you haven't started in Ore Belt, there are at least 4 high yield (50+) asteroids that would work nicely. I haven't started there yet in 1.4, but 1 Centaur worked very well for Sector Defense in 1.3. :)

stella
x2

Post by stella » Sat, 15. Jan 05, 11:23

could you set up a "chain" of stock mines from one side of the galaxy to the other (say 5 jumps apart), then have TS's running between them?

Once it gets going, it should do the job.
Attack enemies in radius -here

Odyseus_3
x2

Post by Odyseus_3 » Mon, 17. Jan 05, 01:37

A few people have mentioned SDS as you were the first, What is SDS, and how does it work?

Scarecrow
x4

Post by Scarecrow » Mon, 17. Jan 05, 01:52

It is a script that will have your ships deliver resources from one of your factories to another at whatever price you specify.

You can get get it from your download page. It's also in the all in one pack that will have all the signed scripts and will let you pick which scripts you want to install.

The SDS is the script that I use the most, very useful.

Phate[x2]
x2

Post by Phate[x2] » Mon, 17. Jan 05, 01:54

Its a signed (i think) script, its full name is station delivery service, and it lets you set a ts to deliver goods to up to 3 factories. Thats it really. I never got mine to work though so i never had the benefit of actually knowing if it was good or not.
PHATE[X2]
the 2 sides are like cheeses, controlled by someone unknown

holo_doctor
x3tc

Post by holo_doctor » Mon, 17. Jan 05, 05:51

Although it really7 only a script I made for personal USe i really considering relasing it.

I have made a script for my TLs that alowed me to flly load up on one res at one station and fully unload it to another. all you had to do was have some homebase TSs on the TL and then set the command on the TL. If it had jumpdrive it use Ecells at these factories to fule jumps between them

Its working quite well now I have Mining HQs (split Trade Ports) in Ore Belt and Mines of fotune both have 2 TL (i silicon 1 ore) going back and forth to my Bala Gi Production facility.

Anytime i run low on Ore I mine the buger out of another sector, Next targets either Rhys desier or tkr's deperivation

goe on with my plan to have the abulity to make enough wepons to get 1 M2 ever hour. To do that ill need

180 GPPC loops
60 BPPC Loops
20 Appc Loods
60 125Mw Sheild Loops

Therefor I need 26 yeild of silicon per 2 loops and 25yeild ore per fact

so there for a need 8000 Total Yeild in ore and around 4200 Total Yield in silicon

I aint goign to get that without running the univers dry
i7-930 2.8Ghz quad core
6gig DDR3-1600 3 channel Ram
Nvida GTX470
64gig SSD / 1TB Hitachi

stella
x2

Post by stella » Mon, 17. Jan 05, 10:29

I've got a BuyWareBest/SellWareBest which uses the jumpdrive to go anywhere in the galaxy.

It has the options to avoid any sector with Khaak M4/M3, and to only buy from your own factories. It automatically buys speed/cargo bay upgrades, and will fly to the nearest shipyard if hull % falls below 85. It also tries to jump out of trouble if attacked. It uses energy from the homebase. If the homebase hasn't enough energy, it'll go to the nearest station, and buy it. It also uses "sector skipping", so, if for some reason, it can't buy/store enough energy to get all the way home, it'll jump to the nearest sector to its' destination where jump energy is available, buy it, then complete the journey. It's also smart enough to wait till the ware it's going to buy is worth more than the cost of getting there and coming home.

Ideal for sectors with no silicon/ore asterroids. I have silicon loops on every 26+ yield asteroid in Ore belt, Mines of fortune and Elenas Fortune. Every weapons/crystal fab I have uses a ship running JD Buyware to get resources from one of these sectors.

An added attraction, is that since the ships are only ever in 2 sectors (source and target), they rarely (if ever) get attacked.
Attack enemies in radius -here

Roenie
x3tc

Post by Roenie » Mon, 17. Jan 05, 11:05

Odyseus_3 wrote:A few people have mentioned SDS as you were the first, What is SDS, and how does it work?
See http://www.egosoft.com/x2/forum/viewtopic.php?t=73990

Down the bottom of the original post.

[edit]
Argh, didn't see page 2 and the fact that the Q was already answered there.
[/edit]
I claim this planet in the name of Ed, bringer of bacon.
Roenie's Guide to Open and Closed Loops (X2)

Return to “X Trilogy Universe”