Another hours hard grafting wasted!

General discussions about the games by Egosoft including X-BTF, XT, X², X³: Reunion, X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

Spoof
x3

Another hours hard grafting wasted!

Post by Spoof » Sun, 16. Jan 05, 16:14

-note to self: save more often
For some reason I never thought much of the Nemesis, but bought one yesterday simply because I had a spare ten mil (love those 'kill my enemy missions! :D ) .
Now fully spec'ed I gave it the standard test run - survival time in the second Khaak sector. To my immense suprise though (considering I've never killed a M2/M3 Khaak ship outside missions) after a good hours dogfighting I managed to clean up the sectors entire defence (apart from those pesky teleporting little M3/4/5s) bar one M2 wandering around like a lost sheep, so naturally I go for a head on collision, knowing my GPSG can happily drain his shields to make it safe to do so.
Success.
but then 'Jumpdrive - destroyed'!
Nooooooooooooooooo. Take my Shields; my GPSG; my money; 99% of my hull - anything but that precious jumpdrive! :evil:
“If nothing else works then a total, pig-headed unwillingness to look facts in the face will see us through.”
Stephen Fry

stella
x2

Post by stella » Sun, 16. Jan 05, 16:16

If you saved, you can jump another ship in, order it to jump home, then transport the jumpdrive over before it goes.
Attack enemies in radius -here

Spoof
x3

Post by Spoof » Sun, 16. Jan 05, 16:18

D'oh again!
“If nothing else works then a total, pig-headed unwillingness to look facts in the face will see us through.”
Stephen Fry

pjknibbs
x4

Post by pjknibbs » Sun, 16. Jan 05, 17:08

Or just sacrifice the other ship--a TS with a jumpdrive installed is considerably less expensive than a Nemesis!

Foss
x4

Post by Foss » Sun, 16. Jan 05, 17:19

Or order in a TL with a ship in it with a jumpdrive, trnasfer jumpdrive, park ship in tl again and jum all out again.

The Great Stonk
x3tc

Post by The Great Stonk » Sun, 16. Jan 05, 18:25

the paranid nemesis is an m6 and cannot dock at a TL.

as they said, jump in a nice cheap ship and loot its jump drive.

Rapier
x3tc

Post by Rapier » Sun, 16. Jan 05, 18:47

I think there is only one thing left to say.

:lol:
Rapier - The Orifice of all Knowledge

Godwin's Law is not one of the Forum Rules.
Search just the forum with Google

Tocca
x2

Post by Tocca » Sun, 16. Jan 05, 18:48

stella wrote:If you saved, you can jump another ship in, order it to jump home, then transport the jumpdrive over before it goes.

Does that little trick still work? I thought it was fixed in one of the patches...

dzhedzho
x4

Post by dzhedzho » Sun, 16. Jan 05, 19:35

uh, i think the meaning was transport a ship with a jumpdrive using a TL get the jumpdrive from the other ship and dock it back then transport it with the TL and jump back from the sector...

Aye Capn
x3tc

Post by Aye Capn » Sun, 16. Jan 05, 20:28

TL's are the logistical support equivalent of the chuck wagon.

If an army marches on its stomach, a space navy without a TL is an army without a stomach.

It seems silly that you can't stockpile essential equipment like jumpdrives and transporter devices without loading a TL full of "spear carriers", but that's the way the system works. One jumpdrive per ship.

You need a TL.

Aro
x4

Post by Aro » Mon, 17. Jan 05, 04:50

You can still transfer a jumpdrive + nav mk1 + EC's and tell a ship to jump , then grab the jumpdrive and nav mk1 back.

Jumpdrive and trade extension (sometimes the transporter and docking computer) are the ones I hate to lose.
[ external image ]
The end of a trilogy does not mean an end to a series.
| Vanilla with strawberries? [List of Vanilla safe mods.] | Tired of the plots? [Plot Skipper Tool v0.5] |
| X3: R & TC Minimaps |

Darkon
x2

Post by Darkon » Mon, 17. Jan 05, 10:05

Yesterday lost my SETA, still 100% Hull, just after I had capped 3 M3's with some guns and shields still left (I hate having to search for 25MW shield, note to self, must builf 25MW factory.) and I was 50k+ out of renge of the nearest station.

That was a long wait.

PS: When getting rammed, I fine I most often loose my Jumpdrive, evenwith 100% Hull and shields still active.

stella
x2

Post by stella » Mon, 17. Jan 05, 10:13

for me, it's the docking computer that goes the most often.
Attack enemies in radius -here

olisimar
x2

Post by olisimar » Mon, 17. Jan 05, 10:37

I keep 3 spare BHEPTS... every frikking time the damn Khaakies feel like
playing Kamikaze... Some say the upgrades are glued onto the outside of
the ship, seems to be correct assessment of it all. I've always wondered
how computerupgrades can be destroyed but I guess they are really are
stickcards you slot on the outside.
Split PR: It's called kickin' ass and crushing the skulls of any ass who steps on my toes.
That seems to work, people dig it.

Brianetta
x4

Post by Brianetta » Mon, 17. Jan 05, 10:43

You don't need a TL if you have a ship you don't mind losing. This is the perfect use for that clapped-out old bucket Elena gave you to avoid having to pay the scrap people to tow it.
PGP fingerprint: FA3D CA2F 38D3 BA69 87E1 D52E C204 FB5C 430A 0BFA

JuanCudz
x3

Post by JuanCudz » Wed, 19. Jan 05, 16:53

Carry loads of different equiupment. I often enjoy hearing "Silkworm missile: Damaged" as opposed to my Jumpdrive.
"I had an Alfredo Garibaldi under my command during the Dilgar invasion. Excellent soldier."
"That's my dad."
"So much for genetics."
-- General Richard Franklin and Garibaldi in Babylon 5:"GROPOS"

Dragon_Rider
x4

Post by Dragon_Rider » Wed, 19. Jan 05, 16:59

Why don't you just jump in a TL with a ship in the hanger that is also equiped with a JD then transfer the JD's around.

Hey presto no ships lost :D

Cheers

Ben
Ben

Graf_Grau
x2

Post by Graf_Grau » Wed, 19. Jan 05, 17:23

I've always wondered
how computerupgrades can be destroyed but I guess they are really are
stickcards you slot on the outside.
Or it could be simply that systems within the ship are being shorted out by power surges and the like

tphater
x3tc

Post by tphater » Wed, 19. Jan 05, 17:43

ies9662 wrote:Why don't you just jump in a TL with a ship in the hanger that is also equiped with a JD then transfer the JD's around.

Hey presto no ships lost :D

Cheers

Ben
Yeah,but it's very risky.First you have to make sure there are no kak m2s/m1s in the center of the sector(that's where ships go when they jump into a kak sector) and then you can order the TL to jump

xalien
x4

Post by xalien » Wed, 19. Jan 05, 17:45

When I started to put spacefly collectors into my personal ships, I usually don't lose jumpdrives anymore - it's always a collector that goes first. All my non-combat ships aboard TL have them (along with any other equipment I might ever need), so I don't have to go to split EqDock every time it gets destroyed.

Return to “X Trilogy Universe”