Xenon missions in Getsu Fune bad for relationships

General discussions about the games by Egosoft including X-BTF, XT, X², X³: Reunion, X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

Achatos
x3

Xenon missions in Getsu Fune bad for relationships

Post by Achatos » Sun, 6. Feb 05, 15:44

When you are in Eighteen Billion you can accept Xenon missions offered to you in the Teladi Trading Station (for instance). They all appear however to direct you to Getsu Fune where the battle goes on. When I got there I always encountered alliance battle ships of nearly all the races helping in the battle against the Xenon.
Cosy? Well, it makes it very difficult not to hit them by accident when you are fighting with the Xenon. Soon you'll have the Boron and Argon after you as well. Not to panic, you just destroy them, but your ranks with that race go inevitably down.

My advice: do never accept a Xenon mission in Eighteen Billion.
Find what you need in the X3-universe (with all XTM data, and X3 Music guide)
[ external image ]

Deleted User

Post by Deleted User » Sun, 6. Feb 05, 15:51

I've taken a few XI mission in 18bn, but they've always been for that sector. I did do one once in GF, but as I have a lot of fabs there I've not done any since as a few of my freighters got in the crossfire!

softweir
xr

Post by softweir » Sun, 6. Feb 05, 16:10

I'm always gratified that the Xenon never appear until you are ready to take them on - indeed, that they queue up waiting for you to want to rumble!

Who says that machines aren't the soul of helpfulness?
My new fave game (while waiting for Rebirth) - Kerbal Space Program

Achatos
x3

Post by Achatos » Sun, 6. Feb 05, 16:35

The thing is I'm always looking for missions. The ones in Eighteen Billion always direct me to Getsu Fune. Strange that with some of you this is not the case. The ones in Thyn's Abyss are perhaps most rewarding but take a long time to finish.

Now I frequently take missions in Power Circle. Which is more fun. They are one-goal-missions in assingment of various races. You have to catch a crook, usually moving in a M6, with four accomplice-M6's. Advantage: your ranks with the races improve considerably (and the 5 mill reward).
[ external image ]

dr. lomax
x2

Post by dr. lomax » Sun, 6. Feb 05, 17:50

I took on one of those around there also, but the action was in Thynns Abyss, Xenon were coming through their sector right next to it, and i was having the same problems as you were, and more.

I had to try a couple of times because of that, first a Ray showed up to help then i fecked up, tried it again it was an Ody.

Then something wierd happened, the Xenon were using J`s to JUMP into the sector, unload about 15-20 L`s, then jump back out again. At that point i got a message from Terrcorp telling me they were watching the battle and the J`s new behaviour, jumping in, unloading and getting back outta dodge. So they told me i would have to take out the J before it had chance to jump back out, which i couldn`t do because it doesn`t stay around very long and i was always no-where near it when it appeared, to busy fighting off L`s.
So it's come to this, I told you this would happen Ani! The fanboys are taking over!! NOOOOOOOOO!!!!!

dr. lomax
x2

Post by dr. lomax » Sun, 6. Feb 05, 17:51

Oh yes:

So what i did was take note of its registration number, call in my Titan (I was fighting in a Centaur) trot over next door to the Xenon sector, look for the J and take it out, which i did. The battle wasn`t over though, there was another J unfortunately, didn`t notice that, but again i messed up by accidently shooting a friendly (Split asks what you are doing) and i haven`t re-loaded yet. Any suggestions would be appreciated :thumb_up:
So it's come to this, I told you this would happen Ani! The fanboys are taking over!! NOOOOOOOOO!!!!!

JonR
x3

Post by JonR » Sun, 6. Feb 05, 18:12

just take out the neighboring xenon sector :D
worked for me, no more Js hehehe

TheReddeH
x2

Post by TheReddeH » Sun, 6. Feb 05, 18:22

Ive never ever ever ever seen an XI mission :(:(

Im combat ace 2nd grade now...and looked in every sector near xenon sectors... NOTHING

I want 1!!! :evil:

[ external image ]

GET IT OFF!!!!

Achatos
x3

Post by Achatos » Sun, 6. Feb 05, 18:25

Lomax:
I soooo recognize this. Every time I do a Xenon mission and some peer is trying to 'assist', I think: here comes the busybody again, why can't you stay away you stupid, you only make things difficult for me.

The problem is: the befriended races are so touchy. After only two hits par accident they turn on you ("Now you're gonna get it!"), while they keep hitting me accidentally too. I think this is something Egosoft should change.
[ external image ]

dr. lomax
x2

Post by dr. lomax » Sun, 6. Feb 05, 18:41

Yeah, if they hit you its like, fair enough it was an accident. You hit them accidently with the same amount of shots then you get, "You`ve bloody had it" :evil:

dr. lomax
x2

Post by dr. lomax » Sun, 6. Feb 05, 18:49

TheReddeH wrote:Ive never ever ever ever seen an XI mission :(:(

Im combat ace 2nd grade now...and looked in every sector near xenon sectors... NOTHING

I want 1!!! :evil:
Typical lol

Incidently that missions i took on i docked at the station offering it, waited about 5 mins while i made a cuppa. Came back and there was, and this is no joke, 49 BBS entries, mainly concerning the mission to Thynns Abyss. I`ve never seen that many, its only usually 19-20 at most.

I tell ya its like waiting for a bus, you wait ages and none come, then you get three at once. ARRGGHH!!

Just keep looking, i know its a pain. They usually come along when your not expecting it, like a watched kettle never boils until you leave the room lol

freedash17
x2

Post by freedash17 » Sun, 6. Feb 05, 18:50

Heloo there fellows. Has anybody heard of "HIDDEN CONTAINERS" We all have them in our stats list and I have been looking for them ever since. Has anybody found one so far because I haven't and I have searched hard. Do they even exist??? :?

dr. lomax
x2

Post by dr. lomax » Sun, 6. Feb 05, 18:57

They`re inside stations. After you enter, fly around inside the station and have a good poke around :wink:

You will see cargo containers floating around, lower shields and pick `em up. They could be anything so best not to do it in an M5 because some frieght will be too large for its cargo bay.

Fachtna
x3

Post by Fachtna » Sun, 6. Feb 05, 19:03

i have hit the friendlies loads. (and i mean loads)
it doesnt affect race, just get some gobshite telling you off

Achatos
x3

Post by Achatos » Sun, 6. Feb 05, 19:15

Yeah, but once they turn red on your radar your automatic guns won't spare them.

You can also ignore them and just leave when the battle is over. But if you'll ever return they are still there or reappear to catch ya! They'll wait there endlessly to take revenge... gna gna :twisted:
[ external image ]

Fachtna
x3

Post by Fachtna » Sun, 6. Feb 05, 19:21

blow them away. take the rep hit, accept the combat rep boost. allow traders to make up race rep.
everyones a winner.

except the M1's :twisted:

tphater
x3tc

Post by tphater » Sun, 6. Feb 05, 20:24

I have no AI hiting problems in XI but in getsu fune it's a more "delicate"
situation because all those m2s will join the fight.And in my game the oddy quarding that sector has 3 bpsgs mounted on it.You have to be very carefull not to hit AI ships(especially m2s) and even not to bump them(in a fast ship it's possible).PSGs and IonDs are a definite NO NO.Use them and you'll have to kill all the ships in the sector
I am the one and only,the indestructible,fear me,cause i have a raging dragon and i'm not affraid to use it!
PAIN,SUFFERING,DEATH,it's all coming!
Terror feeds me,power flows through me,death is my ally!
Join me!
DIE!!!

Return to “X Trilogy Universe”