Elzix's Economy

General discussions about the games by Egosoft including X-BTF, XT, X², X³: Reunion, X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

Elzix
x2

Elzix's Economy

Post by Elzix » Thu, 26. May 05, 07:02

Hi guys so far im happy with the way my economy is turing out.

So far this is the Status:

1 SPP located at Kingdom End, (2 jumps)

Home Ships

2 x Argon mercuries. 1=XL cargo bay, 1=S cargo bay

1=XL Buy Best Crystals

1=S Sell Best Energy Cells (I'm not sure why i did this but i have, let me know if i should do something else with it)

I have currently 750,000 credits in my SPP and i want to make more profit and quicker.

I'm thinking of buying another SPP, what i need to know is where and what TS should i get because my TS S cargo bay won't be able to hold the Crsytals required. (This is one idea if you have a better one or easier method that will bring me profit please share it with me :))

Graaf
x3tc

Post by Graaf » Thu, 26. May 05, 07:15

All the Mercuries have XL cargospace, but that just means they can also carry the much smalle S-size Energy Cells.

There is an SPP-guide somewhere, so search for that one.

Buy or Capture a Pirate M4 to assign as a buyer ship for the Crystals and buy 2 Boron Dolphins for selling the Energy Cells.
As for good Sectors: Paranid Prime, Red Light, Lucky Planets.

pjknibbs
x4

Re: Elzix's Economy

Post by pjknibbs » Thu, 26. May 05, 08:39

Elzix wrote: 2 x Argon mercuries. 1=XL cargo bay, 1=S cargo bay
As already stated, all Argon Mercuries have XL cargo capacity. Upgrading a cargo bay just increases the amount you can store in it, not the cargo class it can carry! Oh, and buying S, M or L class ships just defines what equipment is installed, not what the cargo class is.

Zarathustra
x3

Post by Zarathustra » Thu, 26. May 05, 08:42

If you're thinking of buying another SPP, then everything you could need to know, including best sectors and best ships to use, is in TD's Guide to the World of Solar Power Plants

Read and enjoy
[ external image ] "In football, time and space are the same thing."

JungleJim
x3

Post by JungleJim » Fri, 27. May 05, 03:00

Although the best stations (for making money) are the SPPs, you'll find that eventually you'll need/want to branch out to other stations. Probably the first of these with be crystals or secondary foods.

Both of these earn good money and run desperately short in the X2 universe.
Be seeing you,

[ external image ]

MrPotatoHead
x2

Re: Elzix's Economy

Post by MrPotatoHead » Fri, 27. May 05, 03:26

pjknibbs wrote:As already stated, all Argon Mercuries have XL cargo capacity. Upgrading a cargo bay just increases the amount you can store in it, not the cargo class it can carry! Oh, and buying S, M or L class ships just defines what equipment is installed, not what the cargo class is.
But there's an idea! Why not let us invest in being able to upgrade the cargo class. It seems realistic to me. Weapons and shieds would still suffer from the limitations of the power generator. There could even be a penalty (capacity wise) for doing it.
Last edited by MrPotatoHead on Fri, 27. May 05, 04:46, edited 2 times in total.
Philosophy is the bewitchment of our intelligence by means of language

Tartarus
x3

Post by Tartarus » Fri, 27. May 05, 03:46

Zarathustra wrote:If you're thinking of buying another SPP, then everything you could need to know, including best sectors and best ships to use, is in TD's Guide to the World of Solar Power Plants

Read and enjoy
Dang, people always beat me to it! :D

I actually have SPP locations in Red Light, Rolk's Drift, Paranid Prime, Emperors Wisdom, Greater Profit, and Rhonkar's Fire. If I open up the profile thing with the "p" key, and leave it on SETA x 10, I make about 50,000 - 60,000 credits every second or two. I also have 2 UT's andone ST. Actually, the ST could upgrade to a UT (It's at level 10), but the command is grey. The ship configuration you should use for your transport is as follows:

1 Split Caiman set to BPH freigter
1 Split Caiman set to Sell Ware for Best Price (e-cells)
2 Split Scorpions set to Buy Ware for Best Price (xtals)

This combination works beautifully together, and will maximize your profits. With the money you make, you could easily replace any ships that are destroyed by Khaak, as i have done on many occasions.
"It's always darkest just before it goes pitch black."
masterk wrote:Dont get too excited about getting an M2/M1 though, the races would have your babies before they sell you one.

Elzix
x2

Post by Elzix » Sat, 28. May 05, 06:24

ok i have just bought my self a Nova i have maxed it out fully except for shields

currently it has 3 x 5 MW shields.

does anyone know where i could buy some 25MW shields from and also if i could dock there without having to kill pirates for say split so i could dock at their station.

Scarecrow
x4

Post by Scarecrow » Sat, 28. May 05, 06:30

25 MW shields in Split space/factories only.

......whack a couple of Madalays in Split space and you will be good for docking.

Elzix
x2

Post by Elzix » Sat, 28. May 05, 10:04

ok thanks i better get to work then :P

Elzix
x2

Post by Elzix » Sun, 29. May 05, 13:08

Ok guys ive just bought myself my first Osprey excited and ready for some pirate hunting once i buy all my equipment for it, but aside from pirate hunting i want to be able to cap so Kraak ships here is what my Osprey is currently:

Osprey:
Bottom Turret: 1 GHEPT
Main Turret: 2 GHEPT
Rear Turret: 2 BPSG
Top Turret: 1 GHEPT

3 x 125MW (well of course :P)

is there particlar weapons i should also purchase so i don't go overkill on the Kraak ships?

Elzix
x2

Post by Elzix » Tue, 31. May 05, 10:30

i have a problem with the paranid, i am currently Paranid Friend of Priest and 63% and i stil can't dock at any of the stations does anyone know what rank you need to be able to dock.

So far ive wiped out 2 Pirate Stations and all the ships that came from the stations to get to the rank i am. :?

radionotme
x3tc

Post by radionotme » Tue, 31. May 05, 10:42

What ship are you trying to dock in? M6's and cap ships cannot dock at most stations.
Is the station red in the sector map display?
Are the split set to friend or foe in your main command console?

Elzix
x2

Post by Elzix » Tue, 31. May 05, 10:49

lol of cousre damn i feel stupid

im so use to my M3 Nova

i recently bought my first M6 Osprey and been hunting pirates making friends with all the races.

so thanks for helping me there lol :oops: :P

Nithral
x3

Post by Nithral » Tue, 31. May 05, 12:08

Square peg in round hole. :lol:

I'd forgotten I'd done this as well. Tried to manouvere an Osprey into position in the last mission. :headbang: :rofl:
'Infinite Possibility = Infinite Variation' (Or maybe even the possibilty of infinite nothing?)

Elzix
x2

Post by Elzix » Tue, 31. May 05, 12:26

ok now i face another issue,

i capped about 2 KM5's one got destroyed docked the other on my osprey when i went to dock it at the shipyard it rammed my osprey and got destroy lol, anyone i just attacked a khaak ship that trasnforms into 5 KM5 and 1 KM3 after destroying all the KM5's i noticed the KM3 after but at one point it stopped took me a lil bit to realise i just capped my first KM3 this time i saved it lol.

What im wondering is if i could buy the Specs for the Khaak ships can i still own the KM3 and fly it etc. Also where can i buy them from????

Ive read some posts about needing ace 3rd of aces to cap khaak with the specs but i know all that just wondering if i can still own and fly etc.

chovy
x2

Post by chovy » Tue, 31. May 05, 14:21

What im wondering is if i could buy the Specs for the Khaak ships can i still own the KM3 and fly it etc. Also where can i buy them from????

Ive read some posts about needing ace 3rd of aces to cap khaak with the specs but i know all that just wondering if i can still own and fly etc.
As far as I know, yes. Buying the specs only stop you from capping until you're AoA3

Elzix
x2

Post by Elzix » Tue, 31. May 05, 14:41

chovy wrote:

As far as I know, yes. Buying the specs only stop you from capping until you're AoA3
Do you know where i can buy it from?

chovy
x2

Post by chovy » Tue, 31. May 05, 15:09

Nope sorry. :D

JungleJim
x3

Post by JungleJim » Tue, 31. May 05, 15:39

Elzix wrote:...

Do you know where i can buy it from?
Not sure which you're asking about...

You can't buy Khaak ships period.

The specs require you to have completed the story line. Then you'll be offered the chance to buy them when you check the BBS. You'll need to have a high race rank with one of the races in order to be offered to purchase the specs.
Be seeing you,

[ external image ]

Return to “X Trilogy Universe”