Quick question about my first SPP.....

General discussions about the games by Egosoft including X-BTF, XT, X², X³: Reunion, X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

Burnhard
x2

Quick question about my first SPP.....

Post by Burnhard » Mon, 30. May 05, 19:34

Okay, I planted an SPP in Kingdoms End, set it up with some cash and have one dolphin selling cells and the mercury given to me buying crystals. I set the radius to 1 jump for the station, the crystals "buy at" to 1684 and the selling price at 22. So far this site has netted me around 1 million credits with no problems finding crystals or selling the cells. Also, my ships haven't been attacked yet.

Now, my question is, if I site a second SPP in Rolks Drift then to an extent my two stations will be competing with each other for both sales and crystals. This will force me (I think) to increase the buy/sell radius of each from 1 jump to 2 or possibly 3, increasing the risk of traders being attacked.

In your experience, should I site a second SPP in Rolks or stick to the one SPP for now? (I'm at the bit in the storyline where I have to go off and get a better ship to kill pirates and gain favour with the paranid so I can dock at their stations).

Thanks.

CBJ
EGOSOFT
EGOSOFT
x4

Post by CBJ » Mon, 30. May 05, 19:49

Personally I would place them a little further apart. The competition for selling Energy Cells isn't really an issue, but the competition for buying Crystals may well result in shortages in one or both of your SPPs.

jaguarskx
x3

Post by jaguarskx » Mon, 30. May 05, 20:01

At the beginning of my game I had one 1 SPP in both Kingdoms End and Rolk's Drift. They did fairly well, both were selling E-Cells at about 20 credits. They can compete for Crystals along with all the other AI controlled factories as long as you have a fast ship set to buy Crystals. The Split Scorpion or Iguana are good examples.

Eventually I started to build other stations in those sectors so I dropped the price of E-Cells so that my other factories could make a fair amount of profits.

nilof
x3

Post by nilof » Mon, 30. May 05, 20:03

Check my sig, look at factories guide there.

I recomand TDs guide.
{someone didn't observe the rules on signature sizes and lost their signature ;) - CBJ}

Burnhard
x2

Post by Burnhard » Mon, 30. May 05, 21:29

Hmmmm, I skimmed the guide and put one in Red Light instead of Rolks. It's been up and running a few hours and seems to be doing okay :)

Java Jawa
x3tc

Post by Java Jawa » Mon, 30. May 05, 21:39

I would recommend Red Light (west, south of Argon Prime).

Edit: oops, I should read every post, you made the right choice with Red Light! :wink: .
i7 940 @ 2.93GHz
6GB DDR3 Corsair Dominator 1600MHz RAM
XFX GTX 295 1792MB GPU
ASUS Rampage II Extreme MoBo w/ X-Fi
Logitech G19, G9, Z-2300 THX speakers
Sennheiser PC350 headphones

BoronSticks

Post by BoronSticks » Mon, 30. May 05, 21:43

I put one in KE and one in Rolk's Drift without problems, with a jump radius of 2, but I did also put a crystal fab somewhere in the area selling at max.

JungleJim
x3

Post by JungleJim » Tue, 31. May 05, 15:43

Agreed...

The demand for ecells in the KE RD area can easily support 2-3 SPPs. However, the supply of crystals will only support ~1 new SPP. So if you wish to put more than one there, you'll want to supplement the crystal supply.
Be seeing you,

[ external image ]

Return to “X Trilogy Universe”