NEWS: Deepsilver UK confirm Gold and release date of 28 October 2005

General discussions about the games by Egosoft including X-BTF, XT, X², X³: Reunion, X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

Skeeter
x3

Post by Skeeter » Mon, 17. Oct 05, 16:41

A quote from site

BASINGSTOKE, ENGLAND (OCTOBER 17TH 2005) – DEEP SILVER and EGOSOFT are excited to finally announce that X³: REUNION has gone GOLD and will be blasting to players PC’s from the 28th October 2005

The sequel to the award-winning PC title X²: The Threat; X³: Reunion is an in-depth space simulation that thrusts players into an epic battle for control of the universe. The latest in graphics technology and a multi-purpose interface allow the player to fight, barter, pirate, police, steal and trade their way to domination. Featuring a real dynamically interactive AI and economic model, NPC pilots will help or hinder players on the way to salvation for the universe.

“In X³: Reunion, the universe has been developed with complete input from the fan community. A multitude of new missions, countless hidden items to find and unlock, NPCs to barter, trade and compete in factory building make for a challenged unparallel in the space simulation genre. The addition of new worlds, alien races and a plot that will keep you playing into long into the early hours, X³ propels space gaming back to the forefront of the gaming world in a way not seen since Elite was first released,” said Bernd Lehan, CEO EGOSOFT Studios. “With a unique open-ended style of game play, X³ is everything to all players: an action combat adventure, a trading simulation and a factory-building challenge, the player will think their way through the ultimate challenge in 21st century gaming.”

Features for X³: Reunion Include:

* Revolutionary in-house DirectX 9 engine, featuring the latest in graphical technology. Full use of the entire range of pixel shader technology is used to create realistic reflections
* Defeat your enemies through combat or commerce, blockades and building. Compete against traders who learn and improve as the game progresses
* Multi-functional user interface, offering complete user-defined control by mouse, keyboard, game pad or joystick of the unique X universe physics with controlled semi-Newtonian drifting
* Over 200 main game models designed in incredible detail and over 10,000 independent active objects interacting in the same real time environment as the player
* Additional content added post-release, including new missions, models, AI updates and new 3D content
* Vast factories in different sizes and constructs, spanning tens of kilometers in length built by NPCs and player alike

Sounds like there gona add alot more content post release (that is patches aint it) with new models and missions :)

Better info on whats in x3 i think from this that egosofts description on site.

LeeE
x3

Post by LeeE » Mon, 17. Oct 05, 16:44

countless hidden items to find and unlock
finally, a real reason to explore rather than just for the sake of having the entire map displayed :D
And we're definitely going to hell, but we'll have all the best stories to tell!

steeljacket488
x3

Post by steeljacket488 » Mon, 17. Oct 05, 16:50

good post

The_Abyss
x3

Post by The_Abyss » Mon, 17. Oct 05, 16:59

X3 : Reunion Soars to Gold

BASINGSTOKE, ENGLAND (OCTOBER 17TH 2005) – DEEP SILVER and EGOSOFT are excited to finally announce that X³: REUNION has gone GOLD and will be blasting to players PC’s from the 28th October 2005

The sequel to the award-winning PC title X²: The Threat; X³: Reunion is an in-depth space simulation that thrusts players into an epic battle for control of the universe. The latest in graphics technology and a multi-purpose interface allow the player to fight, barter, pirate, police, steal and trade their way to domination. Featuring a real dynamically interactive AI and economic model, NPC pilots will help or hinder players on the way to salvation for the universe.

“In X³: Reunion, the universe has been developed with complete input from the fan community. A multitude of new missions, countless hidden items to find and unlock, NPCs to barter, trade and compete in factory building make for a challenged unparallel in the space simulation genre. The addition of new worlds, alien races and a plot that will keep you playing into long into the early hours, X³ propels space gaming back to the forefront of the gaming world in a way not seen since Elite was first released,” said Bernd Lehahn, CEO EGOSOFT Studios. “With a unique open-ended style of game play, X³ is everything to all players: an action combat adventure, a trading simulation and a factory-building challenge, the player will think their way through the ultimate challenge in 21st century gaming.”

Features for X³: Reunion Include:

* Revolutionary in-house DirectX 9 engine, featuring the latest in graphical technology. Full use of the entire range of pixel shader technology is used to create realistic reflections
* Defeat your enemies through combat or commerce, blockades and building. Compete against traders who learn and improve as the game progresses
* Multi-functional user interface, offering complete user-defined control by mouse, keyboard, game pad or joystick of the unique X universe physics with controlled semi-Newtonian drifting
* Over 200 main game models designed in incredible detail and over 10,000 independent active objects interacting in the same real time environment as the player
* Additional content added post-release, including new missions, models, AI updates and new 3D content
* Vast factories in different sizes and constructs, spanning tens of kilometers in length built by NPCs and player alike

The_Abyss
x3

Post by The_Abyss » Mon, 17. Oct 05, 17:03

Made public. :D
Strung out on Britain's high, hitting an all time low

fchopin
x3

Post by fchopin » Mon, 17. Oct 05, 17:08

:thumb_up:
When there are no more games it is time for music.

KarlHemmings
x4

Post by KarlHemmings » Mon, 17. Oct 05, 17:12

Lots of interesting bits in there. Thank you.
Checks date - hmm may need to book a few days for sleep prior to the arrival of the game....

Bane_v2
x3tc

Post by Bane_v2 » Mon, 17. Oct 05, 17:16

A Friday release? That seems odd, but works for me! I know what I'll be doing all of that weekend.

Isildur44
x4

Post by Isildur44 » Mon, 17. Oct 05, 17:21

I have already got mine on order!

pjknibbs
x4

Post by pjknibbs » Mon, 17. Oct 05, 17:34

Bane_v2 wrote:A Friday release? That seems odd, but works for me! I know what I'll be doing all of that weekend.
That's the UK release, and games over here are always released on Fridays. I don't think there's a confirmed US release date yet.

Bane_v2
x3tc

Post by Bane_v2 » Mon, 17. Oct 05, 17:43

pjknibbs wrote:That's the UK release, and games over here are always released on Fridays. I don't think there's a confirmed US release date yet.
Hmm. I just checked the Enlight website and they say it's available now. Clicking on their 'Order' button takes you to Amazon.com which lists the release date as 10/21/2005 (also a Friday).

A confirmed US release date anyone? Please? I'm j-j-j-jonesing over here!

cheggs
x4

Post by cheggs » Mon, 17. Oct 05, 17:43

Got mine on order @ Game.
I wonder who's going to tell them???
http://www.enlight.com/x3/

Mopy
x3

Post by Mopy » Mon, 17. Oct 05, 17:45

Wow,

Already got plans for new models and stuff after release huh? Nice job. Hope it sell into the millions and funds X4 and Egosoft well into the future.
Sig

Nicholas Kabourakis
x3tc

Post by Nicholas Kabourakis » Tue, 18. Oct 05, 00:07

Very good news... :)

One question that I have though is which copy protection system each version is going to use. Its quite important for me (and others I guess) as I will base my order acording to this.

Hope that such information can be anounced...

Cheers

Electric_Kola
x3tc

Post by Electric_Kola » Tue, 18. Oct 05, 00:10

Another european developers game is also being released on the same date, which is Operation flashpoint elite for the xbox, and also the new tony hawks game I think

Must be a popular date for some reason...
"There must be a finite number of inhabited worlds. Any finite number divided by infinity is as near to nothing as makes no odds, so the average population of all the planets in the universe can be said to be zero, From this it follows that the population of the universe is also zero, and that any people you may meet from time to time are merely the product of a deranged imagination" - Douglas Adams

Galaxy613
x4

Post by Galaxy613 » Tue, 18. Oct 05, 00:15

When is Enlight going to release their release date? I keep checking their site, and Abyss said they were going to release the release date in the morning in West-Coast time. There is no update on Enlight's site! The only place the updated was GameSpot but they don't tell you where they got their info from so thus it means sqat! :'(
10,000 Lightyears of awesomeness

The_Abyss
x3

Post by The_Abyss » Tue, 18. Oct 05, 00:18

Galaxy613 wrote:When is Enlight going to release their release date? I keep checking their site, and Abyss said they were going to release the release date in the morning in West-Coast time. There is no update on Enlight's site! The only place the updated was GameSpot but they don't tell you where they got their info from so thus it means sqat! :'(
I'm checking with Enlight, but the source quoted on GameSpot is genuine.

vindicator
x3

Post by vindicator » Tue, 18. Oct 05, 01:09

I'm checking with Enlight, but the source quoted on GameSpot is genuine.
in other words, x3 will be ready this friday in the US? :D
MSI Albatron SLI motherboard, 1024 MB Kingston lowlatency RAM, AMD Athlon 64 3500+ Venice core with ATi Radeon Xpress 200 graphics chipset, Connect3d x800xl 512 MB, Antec 400 watt powersupply

The_Abyss
x3

Post by The_Abyss » Tue, 18. Oct 05, 01:13

No, I didn't say that. The person interviewed for Gamespot is indeed genuine, but there is still not an official confirmation of date from their site, and I would be more inclined to rely on that rather than a 3rdparty press site.

Galaxy613
x4

Post by Galaxy613 » Tue, 18. Oct 05, 01:32

The_Abyss wrote:No, I didn't say that. The person interviewed for Gamespot is indeed genuine, but there is still not an official confirmation of date from their site, and I would be more inclined to rely on that rather than a 3rdparty press site.
Ah thats great to know. So even if the date is wrong it can't be far off... :D
10,000 Lightyears of awesomeness

Return to “X Trilogy Universe”