Confused!

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X²: The Threat.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

NogginTheNog
x3

Confused!

Post by NogginTheNog » Sat, 4. Jun 05, 18:49

(actually Written by star destroyer, noggin the nogs son) Help me! i am confused! i have been trying to create a ship with 3dsmax7 for a while now, but all i seem to see on the game is a half invisible pipe, or a huge gas cloud, depending on the class of ship. i am using parts from origianal ships, like the argon titan. it looks fine in 3dsmax, but not on the game. could someone do a step by step guide to creating and exporting a ship please?

dancer
x3

Post by dancer » Sat, 4. Jun 05, 20:01

i think that only version 6 of 3dmax was supported :?
(don't shoot me when i'm wrong :P )
lost between heaven and hell.....

passing the days, waiting for the darknes to arrive.....

oh darknes, oh darknes, roll over me tonight.....

Burianek
x3tc

Post by Burianek » Sat, 4. Jun 05, 21:01

There are modeling tutorials in the tutorials sticky at the top of the page. They should answer all of your questions. I doubt if someone will take the time to rewrite all of the info contained in them. If you have questions after reading the tutorials, you're better off posting in the tutorial thread. That way later readers will have the benefit of the question and answer in the same place.
Cheers.
"Nature's first green is gold" . . . stay golden.

Harlock776
x2

Detour

Post by Harlock776 » Sat, 4. Jun 05, 23:04

We need a big tutorial around here and we need it in the sticky area for how to use 3DSMAX5 and 6 for modding X2 and we need a big red arrow pointing to a huge title of the thread for it called READ HERE FIRST or something like that lol. I know it takes a lot of time to read but if people don't read they don't find the answers they want.

I think I've spent atleast two days almost 14 hours a day over a weekend just reading this site and various different posts about modding. Of course that wasn't the only weekend I spent reading this site lol but people do need to read the stickies they are where all the basic info is. There are also areas of the stickies that don't elaborate too much on some areas of modding but thats what drove me to learn more about modding was to find answers to those areas that nobody wanted to comment on.

NogginTheNog
x3

Post by NogginTheNog » Sun, 5. Jun 05, 11:05

(actually written by star destroyer, noggin the nogs son) i dont really understand the stickies. I was thinking more along the lines of "x2 modding for dummies", or something.

Return to “X²: The Threat - Scripts and Modding”