OK...the X-Wing is now complete...see pix

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X²: The Threat.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

DeadlyDa
x4

OK...the X-Wing is now complete...see pix

Post by DeadlyDa » Mon, 13. Jun 05, 07:53

As promised...the X-Wing is finally done :D

This turned out to be a fairly high-poly model...there was just too much detail that really needed to be included. As it is, I still had to leave out bits and pieces.

Here are the pix...
[ external image ]
[ external image ]
[ external image ]

...and a couple of quick pix to show the size comparison (I think I'll end up making the X-Wing smaller...or the Y-Wing bigger):
EDIT: I made the X-Wing 10% smaller, and resized the 3 Tie ships.

[ external image ]
[ external image ]

I'm off to the airport again this afternoon...back on Friday.
Last edited by DeadlyDa on Mon, 13. Jun 05, 21:49, edited 1 time in total.

CyberMe
x2

Post by CyberMe » Mon, 13. Jun 05, 08:10

How do you make new ships?

I would like to make the BORG Race and make them assemilate the NPC and remote piloted player ships.

What do I need to make these ships like the ones you make?

They look very nice by the way.

EDIT: HOLY CRAP! AutoDesk 3D Max 7 = 3995cr

"$Money -> get player money
if $Money >= 3995
buy = 3DStudioMax7
else
send message to player: "EDIT: HOLY CRAP! AutoDesk 3D Max 7 =";3995;"cr"
end
return null"
Last edited by CyberMe on Tue, 14. Jun 05, 05:21, edited 1 time in total.
Where is my mind?

nuclear_eclipse
x3tc

Post by nuclear_eclipse » Mon, 13. Jun 05, 08:23

CyberMe wrote:How do you make new ships?

I would like to make the BORG Race and make them assemilate the NPC and remote piloted player ships.

What do I need to make these ships like the ones you make?

They look very nice by the way.
You need a copy of either 3d Studio Max 5 or 6. Then you need to get the converter tool from Egosoft and use that to create scene files. I think there are some links in the sticky topic at the top of this forum that give more info.

obb
x3

Post by obb » Mon, 13. Jun 05, 08:27

Nice work DeadlyDa can't wait till released :D :D :D :D

Red Spot
x3

Post by Red Spot » Mon, 13. Jun 05, 13:51

very nice Deadly .. :wink:

cant wait to fly it .. :shock:

NogginTheNog
x3

Post by NogginTheNog » Mon, 13. Jun 05, 15:47

Very, very swwet. This has got to be my favorite ship...

Galaxy613
x4

Post by Galaxy613 » Mon, 13. Jun 05, 16:02

Can't wait to try these ships out! :D
10,000 Lightyears of awesomeness

Kayvaan_Shrike
x3

Post by Kayvaan_Shrike » Mon, 13. Jun 05, 18:31

Anybody else in love with Deadly? :D
Awesome!

I'd make the Xwing a bit smalller. I'm not sure about the scale and stuff, but in the second pic it looks a bit big compared to the falcon. May just be the angle though. Though I do admit I thought the Y wing was a tad small when I first saw it.

Either way, I'm sure you'll work it out.

Isn't it all nearly done now? Any other Alliance ships you gonna make? I know there was a topic with the corvette and medical frigate and all that, but were you going to do them?

You could always just release a fighter mod if you were going to, with the other ties you did, and these.

I want them! :D

DeadlyDa
x4

Post by DeadlyDa » Mon, 13. Jun 05, 18:54

I have cut the X-Wing down by 10%, and it looks much better alongside the other ships.

I have decided to down-size the 3 Tie ships before doing the A-Wing, since I can probably get them done before heading to the airport later this afternoon.

Once the A-Wing is done, I will be releasing an "interim" Star Wars (Bun-Bun) mod with:
  • ++ Imperator-class Star Destroyer
    ++ Tie Defender
    ++ Tie Bomber
    ++ Tie Interceptor
    ++ Millennium Falcon (YT-1300)
    ++ A-Wing
    ++ B-Wing
    ++ Y-Wing
    ++ X-Wing
I will probably also redo the custom weapons...switching to 7 unique new weapons, rather than 3 weapons in A/B/G flavors. This is really needed, since the X-Wing is an M5...and I want to give it a bit more "punch" than the standard IRE's and PAC's.

Remember, the fighters are physically smaller than the standard X2 M3, M4, and M5 ships. I am going to be re-sizing them as well, but with 28 ships (plus all of mine) it will take awhile.

Once the interim "Bun-Bun" mod is out, I will start in on bug-fixes and ship re-sizing for my original 0.1.x and 0.2.x mods...which, of course, will also get the the SW ships. The "good news" here is that I have learned heaps about X2 texturing since my earlier ships, and now have bump-mapping working really well. This means that all my older ships will automattically get a texture "face-lift" in the next release.

After that, the plan is to do "Phase II" of the SW ships, filling in the blanks in the ship classes. There is a pretty useful discussion on my plans over on *** - Star Wars Mod - Ships and Schematics

LV
Sith Lord
x3tc

Post by LV » Mon, 13. Jun 05, 19:13

Your doing some dam fine work here, just an airfix paint set needed :D
LV's TC Scripts
Readme's For All My Scripts

I felt a great disturbance in the forum, Like millions of voices cried out in terror, then were silenced

si tacuisses, philosophus mansisses

xeon_1
x4

Post by xeon_1 » Mon, 13. Jun 05, 20:54

isn't the awing more of an M5 than the x wing its more of a M4

DeadlyDa
x4

Post by DeadlyDa » Mon, 13. Jun 05, 21:03

isn't the awing more of an M5 than the x wing its more of a M4
Join the discussion in the ShadowTek forums (link 2 posts above), and discuss with the resident SW wizards, Nuclear_Eclipse and Admiral Tigerclaw. I'm using their SW knowledge as my source for technical advice.

Frankly, I'm not enough of a SW fan to know one way or the other. (I mean, I like the models, or I wouldn't do them...but I really don't know much about the SW "canon".)

Whatever gets decided in the "Star Wars Mod - Ships and Schematics" thread on *** is what I'll be doing.

BoDgE
x4

Post by BoDgE » Mon, 13. Jun 05, 21:14

Most cool, keep em coming :drool:
8)
Computers are wonderful things...
Till windows ****ing crashes again!!!

DeadlyDa
x4

Post by DeadlyDa » Mon, 13. Jun 05, 21:47

OK...last post, and then I'm off.

Check out the two size comparison pix in the 1st post in this thread.

It now shows the resized Tie ships, as well as the reduced scale X-Wing.

I realize that it is difficult to see the relative sizes, due to foreshortening & distortion in the screen shot...but they do look pretty nice in-game.

I'll try and get the A-Wing done this weekend, as well as reduce the size of the ISD (it tends to blowup at the shipyard, when you purchase it)...after which I should be able to put out the interim version of the Bun-Bun SW mod.

I'm getting a bit of help from "balogt" on the engine FX while I'm on the road, which will help speed things up. However, the only ships I have engine effect info on are the X-Wing and the Y-Wing. If anyone knows anything about what the other ships have (if anything) in the way of engine effects, please let me know.

Kayvaan_Shrike
x3

Post by Kayvaan_Shrike » Mon, 13. Jun 05, 21:51

Nyarg. Making me wait.. :shock:

:D Will be worth it I'm sure.

So, firstly you're going to release a mod with all those ships, and nothing else. Then later a mod which will change all the existing ships in X2? Or just the ships in you're mod? I've got two games running. One normal, and one (in a diff folder) from your deadly ships thing, where you get the home base and the scout at the beginning.

I'd like to be able to get these ships into my normal game, without doing over everything else? Will that be just the first mod then? Will I miss out on the 'gap-filling' ships then? :o

Tarcon.
x3tc

Post by Tarcon. » Tue, 14. Jun 05, 00:35

I don't suppose you've considered making a Death Star!! :twisted:
Boundless intemperance in nature is a tyranny; it hath been th' untimely emptying of the happy throne, and the fall of many kings.

ajsarge
x3tc

Post by ajsarge » Tue, 14. Jun 05, 09:51

From the pics in the 1st post, I'd say that you need to make the B-Wing and the Y-Wing not much larger. The Y-Wing is larger then the X-Wing, by some smaller percentage. The B-Wing, however, only needs about a 3%-5% increase in size. The cockpit is about as big as the back end of the X-wing. The Ties although, need a little down-sizing. I'm just giving a little advice. I think that they're all really cool and should not be at all considered "gay" or "stupid". Keep up the good work.

Lin Kuei Ominae
x2

Post by Lin Kuei Ominae » Tue, 14. Jun 05, 13:31

thats a cool mod :thumb_up: but i have a little question.
Do you make new cockpits too? Or do you take the original X2 ones?
Der kürzeste X2 Witz
Schreit ein Borone: Hilfe ich ertrinke!
Die dümmsten Unfälle im X Universum
ein Teladi biss sich auf die Zunge! Seitdem hat er einen Sprachfehler und lissssspelt.

Mod: Privatjacht

Red Spot
x3

Post by Red Spot » Tue, 14. Jun 05, 13:40

Tarcon. wrote:I don't suppose you've considered making a Death Star!! :twisted:
could this be done Deadly .. (not that you should make it .. just running an idea by you)..

an M1 about 130% in size .. shaped like a bal (death star) no speed .. (max speed == 0).. a bit off roll/turn/pitch .. and 6 massivly armed turrets .. (the only off moving/buying it .. would be by special-commands specially for this ship ..)

could this be done ..??

G

grumman
x3tc

Post by grumman » Tue, 14. Jun 05, 13:50

Red Spot wrote:an M1 about 130% in size .. shaped like a bal (death star) no speed .. (max speed == 0).. a bit off roll/turn/pitch .. and 6 massivly armed turrets .. (the only off moving/buying it .. would be by special-commands specially for this ship ..)

could this be done ..??

G
If you really wanted to represent the Death Star, you wouldn't have 6 massively armed turrets - you'd have one massively armed position, either the Main gun, or a turret with a very small field of fire, and lots of lighter weapons for defense.
Grumman - killjoy extraordinaire

Return to “X²: The Threat - Scripts and Modding”