SDS software buggy?

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X²: The Threat.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

DeathAndPain
x2

SDS software buggy?

Post by DeathAndPain » Sat, 27. Aug 05, 10:50

Hello,

I have an "SDS deliver to 3" running which supplies 3 stations from my SPP. However, my impression is that the SDS software is somewhat buggy, so I would like to know if someone can confirm this or explain it.

I find that the software works fine when I set credits per unit to 1. However, when I set it to 16, then I often see the SDS freighter start from the SPP with empty cargo space. It delivers its zero freight to the target station, but this is not really helpful. At a price of 1 the SDS freighter is always well loaded.
  • The target stations are in good supply of credits (60000+), so it is not that they could not pay for the freight.
  • I do not want to use that fancy new replacement for the SDS software because I do not want to use yet another script that makes my ships charge me money.
  • My version of the SDS software is the latest before the new replacement was released.
Any suggestions?

Tw122le
x3ap

Post by Tw122le » Sat, 27. Aug 05, 10:58

I'm with you on the upgrade to 1.04.01, should have had a 'before you start' read-me.
I've got the SDS running on all my SPP's and haven't spotted anything.
Have you different values on the station and SPP for the e-cells? I have all of mine set on 11. Plus if the stations are in a loop are you really loosing?

DurAlvar
x3

Post by DurAlvar » Sat, 27. Aug 05, 11:19

Usually SDS is only used in closed loops, with all sell prices set to zero - this would avoid any problems. Otherwise, I've found it better to just use the standard trade software and run factories independantly.
Reality is the leading cause of stress.

Birdman
x3

Post by Birdman » Sat, 27. Aug 05, 17:29

Old SDS does have something going on, that's for sure. Several times I've had a Fab go Flashing Yellow, take a look at the supplier, chock full, and the SDS ship in flight for delivery with NOTHING! :evil:

I do alot of loops for supply reliability, price at 0, and it really irks me when this happens. Have to re-start SDS, then it works fine for a while.

No pattern, not always the same ship, randomly SDS glitches. I think that's at least part of the reason they came out with CLS, as the scriptor that did SDS wasn't supporting it.

Burianek
x3tc

Post by Burianek » Sun, 28. Aug 05, 08:31

That's correct.
SDS for the most part worked very well. Some users reported many problems, however, and there was an upgraded version about ready for release, so we just replaced it.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but if you keep your CLS pilots at the lowest level, they charge you nothing, and still provide better service than the SDS pilots did. You can choose if you want to train your pilots and upgrade them can't you? Just leave them at the minimum level.

Cheers.
"Nature's first green is gold" . . . stay golden.

Birdman
x3

Post by Birdman » Sun, 28. Aug 05, 13:28

Burianek wrote:Correct me if I'm wrong, but if you keep your CLS pilots at the lowest level, they charge you nothing, and still provide better service than the SDS pilots did. You can choose if you want to train your pilots and upgrade them can't you? Just leave them at the minimum level.

Cheers.
Is this to say: if the Trade Extension is NOT installed, then there is no training, thus they stay at Apprentice?

If not, then I don't know how to not train them.

Burianek
x3tc

Post by Burianek » Sun, 28. Aug 05, 22:13

I'm not sure, I haven't actually used the script so I can't say for certain, but the readme tends to suggest that the training available at the homebase is what upgrades the level. Is this not the case?

I kind of thought that after a certain amount of time, a new option became available at the homebase that allowed you to upgrade the level.

Am I way off?
"Nature's first green is gold" . . . stay golden.

Birdman
x3

Post by Birdman » Mon, 29. Aug 05, 06:04

Burianek wrote:I'm not sure, I haven't actually used the script so I can't say for certain, but the readme tends to suggest that the training available at the homebase is what upgrades the level. Is this not the case?

I kind of thought that after a certain amount of time, a new option became available at the homebase that allowed you to upgrade the level.

Am I way off?
Ya, I did the fire and forget method, and later looking in the log it has a bunch of training messages, some of my pilots are at Freighter pilot already.
Lucike wrote:
Storm666 wrote:just wondering if its possible to get a list of the times when the pilots get promoted to the next levels?
That is simple. ;)

Apprentice
2h - Assistant Courier
4h - Courier
6h - Freight Pilot 2nd Class
8h - Freight Pilot 1st Class
10h - Freight Pilot

Gruß
Lucike
So I guess I'll try one without Trade Extension and find out. :?

Return to “X²: The Threat - Scripts and Modding”