Terradine: 2.1

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X²: The Threat.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

shasla5
x3

Post by shasla5 » Wed, 7. Sep 05, 05:21

Might you consider in the future posting a version that doesn't include continuity breaking ships? As cool as a Star Destroyer is, it really doesn't fit in the X Universe. I know that doesn't bother a lot of people, but it annoys me. That way, we could get both and decide which one we want according to our mood.
PC specs: Athlon 64 4000+, Geforce 7800 GT 256 MB, 2048 MB PC 3200 RAM, 200 GB 7200 RPM, 500W, nForce 4 SLI dual PCI-E.

AdmiralTigerclaw
x4

Post by AdmiralTigerclaw » Wed, 7. Sep 05, 06:57

Nope, I'm not considering that. It was a pain to get them installed to this point, reducing them will be a lot of cleaning work. The shortest way to do it is going to require two things. Script Edit, and Map edit.
Map edit, remove all the Supercarriers from where I placed them. Script edit, delete all the install to shipyard lines. Restart, and run the new map. Then there will be no need to go and pull ships out of the Tships and out of the CUT and V files. Learn a little, and you can clean the mod out yourself for personal play style.

Scoob
x4

Post by Scoob » Wed, 7. Sep 05, 18:57

Hi ATC,

Noticed loading & saving games in my current Terradine game were becoming rather slower than usual - just checked out the saved game files & they're hitting 18 megs & rising about 50-60k per save on average.

For the record I'm using Terradine 1.8, the latest plug-in pack minus gunnery crews, plus LVs Hacking Console & Jump Fleets, MH Adv Jumper, MH Carrier & MH Reloc.

Explored up to the Boron Sectors from start position, got two factories & no more than about 20 ships.

Any ideas?

Scoob.

Harlock776
x2

Conisder your diversity

Post by Harlock776 » Wed, 7. Sep 05, 23:07

Consider this... you guys have piled in a lot different ships from different mods and they all have various poly counts and modelling feature differences. Some of them have bumpmapping and LOD while others don't. I know that none of the ships in my mod have LOD support so that will slow the game engine down a bit. Also if there are a bunch of scripts runnin in the background that will slow things down too. Have you tried just running the game with only the basic scripts that the terradine mod needs to get loaded and going? Leave off any optional feature stuff and see what happens.

AdmiralTigerclaw
x4

Post by AdmiralTigerclaw » Thu, 8. Sep 05, 01:55

Savegames don't care about poly count's Harlock, ships are loaded from Game Engine to Memory upon use. I think scoob may have a script log going and doesn't realize it.

Clear the player log, clear the script log, and then save and check the savegame. Somewhere, a script in the mix is writing to disk, A LOT. So if it's logging, that will gorge a save game, and later on, annihilate computer resources if it continues unabated.

Scoob
x4

Post by Scoob » Thu, 8. Sep 05, 18:28

Player log is empty, script log is...well, I've not even enabled the script editor in this game so maybe something is happening I'm unaware of.

I suspect it might be to do with LVs hacking commands as have been using those a lot, all other scripts I've installed for this game I've used previously so I wouldn't anticipate those causing a problem. Will start a new non-Terradine game at some point & do some testing with the Hacking scripts.

Scoob.

aka1nas
x4

Post by aka1nas » Wed, 14. Sep 05, 09:12

I just did a clean install of X2 to try Terradine out. I went from 1.0US to 1.2 to 1.4 and did the AL engine update but no bonus pack. I then did Terradine 1.7 and the 1.8 update. The mod seems to run ok, but the sound is a bit messed up. The voices say the wrong things or at the wrong time and some sounds are not playing correctly. Any tips to resolve this?

AdmiralTigerclaw
x4

Post by AdmiralTigerclaw » Wed, 14. Sep 05, 14:40

Reinstall... and check your retail version upon reinstall BEFORE you install patches to see if you are ALREADY at 1.2, or 1.3

If it's already 1.2, the installation of the 1.2 patch will mess up your sound.

I have the US Retail and it comes at 1.2, and I had the exact same problem.

SteelRush
x4

Post by SteelRush » Wed, 14. Sep 05, 15:41

AdmiralTigerclaw wrote:Reinstall... and check your retail version upon reinstall BEFORE you install patches to see if you are ALREADY at 1.2, or 1.3

If it's already 1.2, the installation of the 1.2 patch will mess up your sound.

I have the US Retail and it comes at 1.2, and I had the exact same problem.
I'm not sure if you knew, but there's two versions of the sound control script floating around for the US and EU versions out there. Took me awhile to figure it out. One version is 1106ms behind the other for most audio, thus why the voices appeared screwed up.

I have both control scripts. PM me if you want a copy.

Electric_Kola
x3tc

Post by Electric_Kola » Wed, 14. Sep 05, 22:05

Are you planning to fix the glitch with the onboard computer? Some of the sectors are the same as the original even with the same description but the sound is usally incorrect? even on the same name?
"There must be a finite number of inhabited worlds. Any finite number divided by infinity is as near to nothing as makes no odds, so the average population of all the planets in the universe can be said to be zero, From this it follows that the population of the universe is also zero, and that any people you may meet from time to time are merely the product of a deranged imagination" - Douglas Adams

AdmiralTigerclaw
x4

Post by AdmiralTigerclaw » Thu, 15. Sep 05, 18:01

The onboard computer uses a packed up EXTRA LARGE sound file with every word it uses programmed in. The control file locates the time in this sound file and plays it. Any amount of changing requires me to listen to the entire file UNPACKED, locate the sound, and use it. And if I have custom sounds, I'm out of luck.

It is not a glitch. It's a limitation.

aka1nas
x4

Post by aka1nas » Thu, 15. Sep 05, 19:07

Thanks for the tips, ATC. It turned out that my copy of X2 is v1.1 and for some reason patching to 1.2 then 1.4 was still an issue. I did a new install and patched straight to 1.4 and it's running fine now. Thanks!

AdmiralTigerclaw
x4

Post by AdmiralTigerclaw » Fri, 16. Sep 05, 04:09

Anywho, if anyone wants to know what I'm doing...
I'm currently working on trying to get my new SUPER PPC bolt to work...

[ external image ]

The small one is the normal PPC bolt. The monster to it's right is the new and improved mega PPC Bolt MK II.

I just can't seem to get it to appear in my game... so I'm dispatching it to harlock here soon to see if it's just my PC acting up with X2...

Harlock776
x2

Ppc

Post by Harlock776 » Fri, 16. Sep 05, 04:16

I was hoping you were still working on that ppc stuff. I too think the standard ppc is boring and small and it's hard to tell when it's going off from a far away external ship view. I've managed to get some good results with my custom weapon effects if you wanna send it over to me email go right ahead:-) I can get it workin once I run it through 3DSMAX.

milling_hordesman
x3

Post by milling_hordesman » Fri, 16. Sep 05, 23:03

i know i foreswore more work in the X universe until X3 came out... but last night, checking out that bug in my script, i... well, i think i'm a bit recovered from my second burn-out on X2 modding.

if you want to send me your resource files for that megaloth PPC, i'd be interested in seeing how to hack it all together to get a new, working model.

regards,
//----------------------------------
--the milling_hordesman

Me Mods

AdmiralTigerclaw
x4

Post by AdmiralTigerclaw » Sat, 17. Sep 05, 00:09

Actually, I think there are still a few scripts you had started but never finished that need to be done.

And Harlock already sent me a PPC bolt he confirms is working on his end.

milling_hordesman
x3

Post by milling_hordesman » Sat, 17. Sep 05, 10:20

glad to hear the PPCs are working. the images looked quite impressive.

as far as scripts go, you're likely talking about pirates, yes? i seem to also remember discussion about a set of trader scripts to simulate buying/selling by the larger trading hubs.

trying to ease myself back into this more carefully this time, i'll start investigating where i left off with the pirates scripts. as i recall, i had what should be the shell of the "official AI package" scripts up, i had a test version of the basic set of pirates scripts up, and i was ready to start debugging. i'll probably start a little bit of fiddling some time tomorrow to get a better feel for what was going on.
//----------------------------------
--the milling_hordesman

Me Mods

Ceowulf
x3

Post by Ceowulf » Sat, 17. Sep 05, 16:37

Hi Gents,

I've just finished re-installing X2 from my last game due to... well, death by scripts :)

I've decided to go for a go at the Terradine universe. I want to keep the scripts as simple as possible so I don't have the same probelm as last time (yes I've way too enthusiastic about scripts :)).

So the question is what scripts can I install that wont mess up Terradine? The list that I want to install are as follows. A yes or no on each of them would be much appreciated.

Xai Corporation Advanced Combat Project (latest)
Bounty Hunter AL Plugin
Priate Guild AL Plugin

Now, the Xai Corp readme says that he recommends instlalling Burinaks (sp sorry :)) Laser and Economy Rebalance mod. I'm confused here because I understand that both the Xai Corp CAI and the Laser rebalance change things that may be the same?

Second confusion here (the reason for this post) is that will the laser rebalance and the xai corp changes affect Terradine badly?

Thanks guys, the last one was the main one :)

AdmiralTigerclaw
x4

Post by AdmiralTigerclaw » Sat, 17. Sep 05, 16:53

I can't remember if it is or not, but the XAI Corp economic rebalance should be in Terradine... can't remember if it's here or not. But I THINK I put it in there as part of the early package when I made it.

Anywho, the Laser rebalance mod will conflict with Terradine's weapon settings.

Any mod that isn't purely scripts, and alters the weapons, or ships, or special effects (the last of which isn't likely.) will conflict.

George Jetson
x2

Post by George Jetson » Mon, 19. Sep 05, 08:41

Tigerclaw,

really having fun with your new universe, it's better thought out than the original in many ways. Having such an unbalanced economy to fix but having an initial source funds via Nvidium was very clever and it works really well.

But I don't like the mods to the combat or the physics. Is there any way to get rid of the F-15's :o in space, the uber ire's and the borked ship speed and handling characterists and keep the rest?

Return to “X²: The Threat - Scripts and Modding”