Looking for one or two trade scripts.

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X²: The Threat.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

Thraxwhirl
x3ap

Looking for one or two trade scripts.

Post by Thraxwhirl » Mon, 12. Dec 11, 14:45

Good people of X!

I've just been taken by an air of nostalgia, and re-awakened my love affair with good ol' X2: The Threat. Ah, she's a lovely old game from a simpler time, but with so many nice touches that lent character and personality, later found lacking in X3 IMHO.

Anyway, I'm playing it fairly lean with not much more than the bonus pack installed, as I want to keep it fairly simple, and avoid getting bogged down in building a mod or huge script library.

HOWEVER, it is a royal pain in the butt to be forever instructing TS vessels to go here, buy that, go there, sell it etc. and once you've got more than two or three it becomes a burden, not a pleasure. So naturally I'm looking for some scripts that will automate some of this.

So I need your help to aid me in locating scripts that do the following things:

1) one-way cargo delivery loop.

I know that a brilliant scriptset was written for X3, in which one could tell a ship to do this. Pick up cargo from Station A, deliver to Station B, rinse and repeat, over and over. I think it was part of Advanced Trade Mk II or Trade II Ext. or something. Does anybody know if a similar script was written for X2? I've looked at quite a lot of X2 Trade scripts, but most seem too in-depth or complex. I just want a simple A to B loop. Anyone know of such a script?

2) LOCALISED exporting. Sell Ware Best Loop - but only in local sector.

How often, when one runs "Sell ware for best" does your TS vessel ship your Power Plant's E-cells to stations 5, 6, 7, 8+ sectors away in order to sell 'em for 23cr... when there are like three stations in the Plant's very own same sector willing to pay 22? By the time it's even half way there, it could've sold three whole batches to those local stations for only one cred less, and by the time the TS has returned, the local customers might have used up that stock and be ready to buy again.

Much more profitable to sell like that, eh?

One batch of 1800 e-cells sold at 23 creds(several sectors away) = 41,400 creds.
3 batches of 1800 e-cells sold at 22 creds(in local sector) = 118,800 creds.

Having to do this manually is, as I say, a pain in the butt. So... does anyone know if there is a script out there that performs the same function as 'Sell Ware for Best Price', but only in local sector.... OR which does the "SellWareBest" Loop, but permits the user to set limits on the ships' jump range - say, 0 to 9(0 being same sector/no gates)?

If any of you out there can help me find scripts that do the two things listed above - I've tried to find scripts that do, but without success - I'd really appreciate it.

Many thanks, folks. :)

Thrax.

jlehtone
x4

Post by jlehtone » Sun, 18. Dec 11, 16:33

Bit late, but:

1. If both stations belong to you, then Commodity Logistics Mk1 in the X2 Bonuspack does that.

2. Advanced Trade Command in the X2 Bonuspack does that.

Return to “X²: The Threat - Scripts and Modding”