Refined Multiple ship commands menu script?

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X²: The Threat.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

Jungleer
x3

Refined Multiple ship commands menu script?

Post by Jungleer » Sun, 21. Mar 04, 22:21

I was wondering if anyone is working on, or has created a script that refines the list of ships you can command down to a specific class?

As far as I can tell, you can't select a specific class of ship (for instance, just your M5's) without making them Wingmen first.

Also, is anyone working on an easier/quicker way to assign the Wingman property to fighters? It would be nice to be able to hit 1 key in the Properties window with your ship selected, to assign Wingmen or Groups.

I'd like to see a mod/script that allows you not only to select all of one class, (Ex., break down the existing M3/M4/M5 command) but also make multiple groups that can be called on easily in combat. Right now it seems it is only good for "Zerg" like tactics.

I don't have a huge fleet yet, but I can imagine how hectic it will get when I do, and it seems the existing command menu for multiple ships will not suffice for those people that are more "tactically" minded. I like to make specific groups for specific purposes.

Perhaps this can be Fight Command Software MK3?

Thanks

easternblocrobotcowboy
x2

Post by easternblocrobotcowboy » Mon, 22. Mar 04, 00:08

on xscripting.com there is a script that lets you assign ships to numbered fleets, and then command them by number. It invaluable once you have a carrier.

TW

Jungleer
x3

Post by Jungleer » Mon, 22. Mar 04, 01:16

I'll take a look around...thanks! :)

Return to “X²: The Threat - Scripts and Modding”