Looking for more X2 missions

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X²: The Threat.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

Dragadis

Looking for more X2 missions

Post by Dragadis » Mon, 24. Sep 12, 01:40

So I'm left feeling cheated by this game and its lack of a story line and missions that would put a fleet of war ships to use. Throwing me into a sandbox and telling me to use my imagination doesn't work with me. I need non-linear missions and objectives, that's what motivates me in a game. Without that... a game is boring, empty, and pointless for me. :( Is there a mod that can help me with this? Something that adds actual military missions and objectives? Maybe missions I can pick up at stations and from military ships? Or maybe I get messages from the main characters, the military... something?

Privata
x4

Post by Privata » Mon, 24. Sep 12, 08:31

do you mean X3 or X2?
if you mean x3 there is the imporved races mod , ads war and race relations and evrything adds a nice depth to the game
if you mean x2 if I recale right there is the good old RRF , race invasions , and all of LV x2 scripts

Dragadis

Post by Dragadis » Mon, 24. Sep 12, 15:27

LV x2 scripts? I don't know what that is.

And yes, X2.... (look at the title)

Is there anything that actually adds missions? Not just things going on in the X2 universe? I'm not looking for a sandbox mod, I'm looking for actual missions.

Privata
x4

Post by Privata » Mon, 24. Sep 12, 16:10

well this is the X3 forum , you should post over there. it has been years sins I have pplayed the good old x2 but you should post there
edit
but the thing about X is that you set your own missions , like build a fleet to go kill all xenon and stuff or be the best trader in the univers and all....sadly maybe x is just no for you...
hope you find what you are looking for

Joshua the Bear
x4

Post by Joshua the Bear » Mon, 24. Sep 12, 18:01

You are looking for X2 missions - this is the wrong forum.

If you are looking for more missions in an X game, buy Terran Conflict, as it has MANY missions. There are also several scripts for Terran Conflict which give you a certain objective, such as the Phanon Corperation (Which adds a rival company to your game) and Revelations, which adds the equivalent of the Hunnish or the Mongol horde into your game.

Ketraar
EGOSOFT
EGOSOFT
x4

Re: Looking for more X2 missions

Post by Ketraar » Mon, 24. Sep 12, 18:51

Dragadis wrote:Throwing me into a sandbox and telling me to use my imagination doesn't work with me. I need non-linear missions and objectives, that's what motivates me in a game.
Seams to me you picked the wrong game franchise then. Usually Story and "missions" are a tiny portion of what makes X what it is.

Like suggested above, for more missions you'd need to play other X games. Not only do they have more (as in new ones) missions/story they have better chance of having modded ones too, as its only in later games (X3 and later) that adding missions is "easier", where X3:TC and AP represent the best for both vanilla and modded material (and not just missions).

MFG

Ketraar

X2-Illuminatus
Moderator (Deutsch)
Moderator (Deutsch)
x4

Post by X2-Illuminatus » Mon, 24. Sep 12, 19:00

*moved to the X2 Scripts and Modding forum*
Nun verfügbar! X3: Farnham's Legacy - Ein neues Kapitel für einen alten Favoriten

Die komplette X-Roman-Reihe jetzt als Kindle E-Books! (Farnhams Legende, Nopileos, X3: Yoshiko, X3: Hüter der Tore, X3: Wächter der Erde)

Neuauflage der fünf X-Romane als Taschenbuch

The official X-novels Farnham's Legend, Nopileos, X3: Yoshiko as Kindle e-books!

Dragadis

Post by Dragadis » Tue, 25. Sep 12, 02:55

Oh wow, how did I do that? Sorry about that.

Return to “X²: The Threat - Scripts and Modding”