Hacking Ships Speed

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X²: The Threat.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

Shingen
x2

Hacking Ships Speed

Post by Shingen » Wed, 24. Mar 04, 14:38

Without a search function, I tried to find out if it were possible to edit the ships speeds in X2.

Is it possible to change ALL ships speeds ( player and AI ) in X2?

Novas are too SLOW, as are Mantas and Vultures. :)

Al
x3tc

Post by Al » Wed, 24. Mar 04, 14:39

try the modding and scripting board.

Al
X2 Capture Guru - X3:TC Noob :D
X2 Capture Guide

easternblocrobotcowboy
x2

Post by easternblocrobotcowboy » Wed, 24. Mar 04, 16:58

yeah, the normal speed of ships is as slow as molasses. to add speed you need Stormfronts Mod Kit (axailable at xscripting.com). You also need to unpack your game (instructions on Thecommander.com) once unpacked you can change tShips.dat in notepad to adjust speed.

TW

esd
x3tc

Post by esd » Wed, 24. Mar 04, 18:20

I'm pretty sure all you need to do is add extra speed upgrades using scripting - you can exceed the maximum, creating a faster ship :)
esd's Guides: X² Loops - X³ MORTs

easternblocrobotcowboy
x2

Post by easternblocrobotcowboy » Wed, 24. Mar 04, 20:54

unfortunately there is a definite limit to engine upgrades. I had originally experimented with them, and after a point, it overloads the variable, and the equipment docks will screw up. Also the computer wont use the new speeds, NPC ships ALWAYS have only 2-10 engine upgrades, even if it is possible to have 70 or more.

Modding the base speed will speed up your ships as well as speeding up newly built NPC ships.

TW

Shingen
x2

Post by Shingen » Thu, 25. Mar 04, 13:57

How do I edit the Tships.pck files? I tried the x2patch09b.exe thingy, but it CTDs when I try to decompress a PCK file. There isn't a Tships.dat file anywhere.

I've already unpacked all the *.cat file and installed them correctly.

NeverSnake
x3tc

Post by NeverSnake » Thu, 25. Mar 04, 19:52

Get the Mod toolkit from the download page of this site and use x2tool.
"There's an old story about the person who wished his computer were as easy to use as his telephone. That wish has come true, since I no longer know how to use my telephone" — Bjarne Stroustrup

KnightLight
x2

Post by KnightLight » Fri, 26. Mar 04, 08:25

:)
The shipwrights in Omicron Lyrae are pleased to unveil a new model of Nova, with a new, improved 200MW power generator and increasd capacity for engine tunings! Able to tolerate 25 tunings instead of only 15, these new engines can reach a velocity of 228 m/s! Want to keep up with that Hercules? Now you can! It's worth the cost! Get your new Nova today!

Read: Using the techniques on the Commander's website, I edited the TShips file and tweaked the power generator, engine tuning capacity, and price upwards to make the Nova the real Hummer of the M3 class. :) I also reduced the price of the Barracuda so it would stay competitive.

Yes, I could have made it even more uber, but I wanted to tweak the balance, not send it screaming into the endless abyss. :D

Shingen
x2

Post by Shingen » Sat, 27. Mar 04, 18:44

Is there anyway to add gun mounts to the Manta?

I tried Strom_Fronts Mod Kit readme, and I managed to change what I wanted, but I couldn't seem to add any gun mounts. I'd like to have at least 2 mounted in front and 1 rear turrent.

Storm_Front
x2

Post by Storm_Front » Sat, 27. Mar 04, 19:18

Shingen wrote:Is there anyway to add gun mounts to the Manta?

I tried Strom_Fronts Mod Kit readme, and I managed to change what I wanted, but I couldn't seem to add any gun mounts. I'd like to have at least 2 mounted in front and 1 rear turrent.

As far as I know there is no way to add gun mounts without modding the bod file. I believe you have to add the mounts to the model.

philip yarde
x3

Post by philip yarde » Sat, 27. Mar 04, 22:59

i want Knightlights uber Nova

Sandalpocalypse
x4

Post by Sandalpocalypse » Sun, 28. Mar 04, 00:16

If I remember correctly...

Each ship has a Base Speed and a Max Speed Upgrades.

A Engine Tuning(speed upgrade), will always add 10% of the base speed to the ship's speed.

You can change the number of Max Speed Upgrades with scripts (I think), but you will need to modify the TShips file to change Base Speed.

raptor1
x3

Post by raptor1 » Sun, 28. Mar 04, 08:35

i meneged to get my paranid odyssus to about 1171 max speed with speed upgrades :)

Return to “X²: The Threat - Scripts and Modding”