Script Req: All Xenons present in sector, fly to center.

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X²: The Threat.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

ann_o_neamus
x2

Script Req: All Xenons present in sector, fly to center.

Post by ann_o_neamus » Tue, 30. Nov 04, 07:12

Title says it all. I'm trying to repair a "broken" XI mission (I think a "lost" ship has flown way out of the sector somewhere), and it's been driving me crazy- to the point that I have essentially stopped playing.

I've taken a look at the scripting tutorials, but can't find any easy pointers or data structure references to fix what must be a really common "broken mission" problem.

I'm hoping that it's possible to simply reset all Xenon ships' headings- in the current sector- to the middle of the sector. In my case, Scale Plate Green.

Any help appreciated,

Thanks

AoN.

stella
x2

Post by stella » Tue, 30. Nov 04, 08:21

Are you sure it's not a Xenon J that keeps jumping in and out of sector. Check the adjacent Xenon sector, and see if he's in there.
Attack enemies in radius -here

Cobraking001
x3

Post by Cobraking001 » Wed, 1. Dec 04, 12:44

i had them run as well on me, if this is possible it would be so usefull that it should get signed

Kailric
x3

Post by Kailric » Wed, 1. Dec 04, 18:15

This will be a simple script. If no one has done it by the time I get home this evening I will post it for you :)
"Try not. Do or do not, there is no try."-Yoda

"[Its] time for the human race to enter the solar system"-Dan Quayle

Kailric
x3

Post by Kailric » Thu, 2. Dec 04, 02:19

http://webpages.charter.net/kailric/Xai ... .xenon.zip

Here is the script :wink:

Let me know how it works for you?

AoN: you may can edit the title of this thread to include a "fix for xenon mission" title?

Reven
x4

Post by Reven » Thu, 2. Dec 04, 03:56

All you have to do is order your own ship to "Attack all enemies". Wherever that lone Xenon is, your ship will fly to it.
You were warned... pirates will be hunted down like vermin.

Ex Turbo Modestum

Kailric
x3

Post by Kailric » Thu, 2. Dec 04, 03:58

Reven wrote:All you have to do is order your own ship to "Attack all enemies". Wherever that lone Xenon is, your ship will fly to it.
Nice use of logic :)

ann_o_neamus
x2

Post by ann_o_neamus » Thu, 2. Dec 04, 05:52

Kailric,

thankyou for that, I will test the script - & see if it solves the problem.

As I already have a ship in SPG set to "attack enemies" [Reven, good suggestion- although I tried it already, thanks for that]- which has been happily flying in circles for a few days- I hope that I haven't wasted your time [I had assumed that ships in OOS are limited by scanner range....?].

I will keep everyone updated. I hope that I haven't missed a J with a jumpdrive [Stella, I'll be sooooo embarrassed :) - ps, did you ever live near Highcliff, Hants- a friend of mine lived with a girl who had the same (unusual) name, about 15 years ago- 1 in 10^6.... :)].

Regardless of the outcome, the "community spirit" on these boards is above and beyond anything else that I have experienced in any forum. Keep up the good work all :)

AoN.

ann_o_neamus
x2

Post by ann_o_neamus » Thu, 2. Dec 04, 07:21

Kailric, I tried it in the sector where I had had the XI mission, and got a "No Argument" message. Also, the ship I was flying was teleported to 263km out from sector center :). So- I'll take this to mean that there were not any Xenon in sector? (By the way, Ira Justi the PSG wielding Paranid Arse is still in SPG, so I do have the correct sector :) )

If so (i.e. no Xenon), then I have questions-

1. I checked both the close by X sectors (347 & 472) and none of the J's or K's in either sector are J-drive equipped- is this a reliable way to ID the target ship to end the XI missions?

2. If not, do the X-J/K's go anywhere else?

3. Any other ideas? ....

Thanks,

AoN.

Kailric
x3

Post by Kailric » Thu, 2. Dec 04, 07:57

ann_o_neamus wrote:Kailric, I tried it in the sector where I had had the XI mission, and got a "No Argument" message. Also, the ship I was flying was teleported to 263km out from sector center :). So- I'll take this to mean that there were not any Xenon in sector? (By the way, Ira Justi the PSG wielding Paranid Arse is still in SPG, so I do have the correct sector :) )

If so (i.e. no Xenon), then I have questions-

1. I checked both the close by X sectors (347 & 472) and none of the J's or K's in either sector are J-drive equipped- is this a reliable way to ID the target ship to end the XI missions?

2. If not, do the X-J/K's go anywhere else?

3. Any other ideas? ....

Thanks,

AoN.
Just press enter when it says "no argument" all that is there for is to tell you that there is no "arguments" in the script. If you don't know what an argument is an example would be when ever you select and "Attack.." command the ship you choose would be considered an argument. So when it says "no argument" its just saying "there is no more selections to make, press enter to execute the script". Then if no Xenon appear in the center of the sector then I guess there is none there?

You say the ship you was in was teleported? That wasn't suppose to happen and doesn't seem logical. The script searches for only ships of the Xenon race and should not teleport any other kind of ship. That would be strange indeed???

I have never done a Xenon mission like you say so I don't know what they are about. Are they suppose to be carrying jumpdrives? I could make a script that searches for all jumpdrive equiped Xenons and the have it send you a report of where they are??

Cobraking001
x3

Post by Cobraking001 » Thu, 2. Dec 04, 14:38

Reven wrote:All you have to do is order your own ship to "Attack all enemies". Wherever that lone Xenon is, your ship will fly to it.
not if ti out of scanning range or your ship just not fast enough

in a good scotish accent

"captain i don't know how much more the engines can take"

ann_o_neamus
x2

Post by ann_o_neamus » Wed, 8. Dec 04, 05:26

Sorry for the delay in replying- been too busy at work to play X2. So, I tried everything I can think of:
(i) The script provdided, thankyou.
(ii) Go to adjacent sectors, try there, no luck.
(iii) Visited all the Xenon sectors *close by*, no luck

...still no luck- can the jumping J go to any of the Xenon sectors? There's a couple at the North of the map I haven't been to- but they're a long way from SPG.

Thanks,

AoN

Return to “X²: The Threat - Scripts and Modding”