Galaxy Editor [25.06.2004]

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X²: The Threat.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

DeadlyDa
x4

Post by DeadlyDa » Fri, 12. Nov 04, 18:33

If you are looking to edit an X2 Galaxy map outside of the game, then I'd really suggest you get your hands on DoubleShadows X2 Editor. It allows you to edit all of the X2 "type" files and Galaxy maps.

You can get it here http://www.doubleshadow.wz.cz/?p=download

I'm not sure if XeHonk's editor is still available online (it is a bit dated). I think I still have an old copy somewhere in my archives. I installed it, took one quick look, and immediately deleted it. Frankly, given that the X2 Editor is so much easier to use, and is still actively supported, I can't imagine whay anyone would want to use something else.

Having said that, if your heart is set on the XeHonk editor, PM me and (assuming I can find it) I'll send you the files.

You can also edit the galaxy map(s) using a text editor...see the scripting/modding sticky at the top of this forum fir more info.

Don_Zardeone
x3

Post by Don_Zardeone » Wed, 29. Dec 04, 06:04

I used xehonks galaxy editor to try and make a new map in which i have more new sectors.
Everything seemed to work except for the property thing where you can see all your property.

All the filters are now readtext534354315

Any idea how to fix this?

Don_Zardeone
x3

Post by Don_Zardeone » Wed, 29. Dec 04, 16:16

doublepost due t new content:

I figured it out I think.

I went through some of them files and found out that the exporterthingy in xehonks editor makes a new 440001 filething that is not compatible with X2 v1.4 because it doesn't seem to have those new menuitems.

When you make a new map, do you really really need that 440001 file?

if I just delete it, the game will just use the normal 44000...1 file right?

Do I look stupid now?

TSM
Not a Moderator
x4

Post by TSM » Mon, 28. Mar 05, 12:02

Just incase someone wants Xehonks Editor heres a link to it on X2 Scripting :) http://www.xscripting.com/index.php?nam ... tit&lid=99
FAQ's Egosoft Interactive FAQ
Egosoft Wiki

AdmiralTigerclaw
x4

Post by AdmiralTigerclaw » Tue, 29. Mar 05, 20:48

I'm liking Xehonk's Galaxy editor. It appears to be far more... specialized towards straight up Galaxy editing. (And that it seems to be far more complete in the features than the last version of X2 Editor I had.)

Anywho, I always suggest having a variety of tools for any project. Sometimes one tool has a special feature another doesn't that is REAL handy. (For instance, that random galaxy generator isn't half bad. MUAHAHAHA... cough. I need to cut down on that...)

Red Spot
x3

Post by Red Spot » Fri, 6. May 05, 17:50

I dont know why or how .. but when I alter a map (or make a map) I also get 2 '.lang' files .. (one for english one for german .. I know) .. but these files dont work ..

I have just copied an other '.xml' file in the 't' folder .. emptied it .. and copied everything from the '.lang' into their .. than it does work .. just so you know .. :wink:

Galaxy613
x4

Post by Galaxy613 » Fri, 6. May 05, 17:56

Those .lang files are weird ones, but they do work methinks. I just don't know how, we need to wait for AdmiralTigerclaw to reply again. Hes the mast0r! >.<
10,000 Lightyears of awesomeness

AdmiralTigerclaw
x4

Post by AdmiralTigerclaw » Fri, 6. May 05, 18:37

There is a spacific way of getting them to work. But it requires basic scripting skillz.

Anywho. As far as MY install. I renamed the terradine44 T lang file to 444622 (Just to pick a number) and PACKED it into the mod under PCK format. Which compresses it. I then call it using a script that calls Text file 4622. (Just scavenge and copy someone's T File activator.)

Now, if Nuke would kindly double check me on how he's got the file working... I believe he's got it set so you manually copy it to the T file.

The script can be either a setup or galaxy.something.something file.

It depends on how you want it to work.

Deon
x3

Post by Deon » Tue, 10. May 05, 23:38

Uhmm...
Well, sorry, but what's wrong with e-address? I'm shure there're no problems with my restriction level to this page, also I can't access the root of this site... Gimme another address please if this is temporary unavaliable, cause it's a great thing to create your own universe: it adds a lot of fun in gameplay.

I wait with hope.

Russia is not only "vodka", "lenin" and "matreshka".
It's also a lot of lazy students =).

Galaxy613
x4

Post by Galaxy613 » Wed, 11. May 05, 15:43

TycoonSpaceMan wrote:Just incase someone wants Xehonks Editor heres a link to it on X2 Scripting :) http://www.xscripting.com/index.php?nam ... tit&lid=99
I uploaded it to my server too :)
http://subsoap.com/ck/GalaxyEditor.exe

nuclear_eclipse
x3tc

Post by nuclear_eclipse » Wed, 11. May 05, 15:55

What I did for Terradine was kinda different from how TigerClaw had it originally. Unfortunatly, there are some files that X2 does not like to read from a modded cat/dat file. Those include galaxy maps, loading screens, soundtrack files, and language files. What I did was packed the xml files into .pck format with X2 Modder, then put them inside the x2/t/ folder. Then you create an init/setup script that uses the form like this to load the language file:

Code: Select all

001   load text: id=4622
This loads the xml file named 444622.xml if the game is english, or xx4622.xml where the xx is a different language number respective to the language of the game. MCSI handbook explains this one pretty well and it also lists all the language numbers supported by X2, including ones for french, italtian, german, and russian.

Red Spot
x3

Post by Red Spot » Tue, 17. May 05, 13:34

probably a lot off you guys already figured this out .. but let me be the first to post it ..:P

you can easilly add new ships to the galaxyeditor .. so you dont have to script in all new ships you want on the map ..

*look for "galaxyeditor\config\xobjects\ships.xml .. what I did is I just copied the line for the Argon TL .. pasted it at the bottom of the list .. changed the ID to the coresponding number in the Tships file .. add an other name .. save .. open the editor .. add a ship .. scroll completelly to the bottom of the selectable ships .. there it is .. it might look funny (I have Deadly's mini-carrier as extra ship now .. named it Sentinal .. bu tthe editor shows it as !Sentinal! .. but it works OK in game ..)

(saves a lot off scripting if you want new ships to be on the map .. an in use off ai ..)

Corblex
x3

Post by Corblex » Thu, 19. May 05, 00:46

Where can i get hold of this editor?

Corblex

DeadlyDa
x4

Post by DeadlyDa » Thu, 19. May 05, 01:05

Corblex,

There are 3 working galaxy editors available:

1. The Egosoft-supplied editor, that it built into X2,
2. The Galaxy Editor function that is built into Doubleshadow's X2Editor, and
3. XeHonk's editor.

The "sticky" at the top of this forum titled (strangely enough) "Scripting/Modding Tutorials and Resources" is the place to start...

Corblex
x3

Post by Corblex » Thu, 19. May 05, 01:21

ya sorry i should of been a little more detailed, i currently have X2 editor but having diffculties with it (not being able to load up the actuall X2 universe 2 edit, can make my own tho :P) and i did'nt know egosoft had a galaxy edit i'd always thought they only supplied the script editor. :P

Corblex :

daneren2005
x2

Post by daneren2005 » Wed, 31. Aug 05, 02:25

the download to your editor is not working, I thought I would tell you directly because there hasn't been any messages on that forum for a while so thought you might not be still watching it...if the file is small enough, could you email it to daneren2005@Yahoo.com?

daneren2005
x2

Post by daneren2005 » Wed, 31. Aug 05, 02:29

lol, mess up on that, meant to PM him but I guess I accidently pressed reply, but anywho, the sites down...

Burianek
x3tc

Post by Burianek » Wed, 31. Aug 05, 02:35

I haven't seen Xehonk around for a looooong time.
Sorry.
It does say a few posts back in this thread that doubleshadow's editor can edit the galaxy map. I've not tried it, but maybe it will do what you want it to.
Cheers.
"Nature's first green is gold" . . . stay golden.

Galaxy613
x4

Post by Galaxy613 » Wed, 31. Aug 05, 02:41

Theres still places to get the Xehonk editor, it kicks Double Shadow's Galaxy Editor in pure galaxy-making-time saving. You can make complete random sectors easily, and add defaults to stations and docks with like two clicks of the mouse. DoubleShadow's can not match that.

daneren2005
x2

Post by daneren2005 » Thu, 1. Sep 05, 02:44

I have had double shadow's, but someone sudgested Xehonks so I thought I would give it a try. And every single link I found was to a German site or download...

Return to “X²: The Threat - Scripts and Modding”