SSG Mod w/Mauzi, now w/33 ships (incl/Star Wars) - V 0.2.7e1

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X²: The Threat.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

Earthman

Post by Earthman » Fri, 6. Apr 07, 19:37

I use Betterzip to unpack the rar files. Winrar won't work on the mac.

cheers

XPirate

Post by XPirate » Fri, 6. Apr 07, 22:01

okay, i got betterzip, but i'm brand new to the program. can someone tell me how to work it?

Earthman

Post by Earthman » Sat, 7. Apr 07, 19:35

Ok. Presuming that you've got it in your applications folder you should be able to double click on a rar file and Betterzip will open. If not, load Betterzip and drop a rar file onto the icon in the Dock.

Betterzip should then open a window showing all of the files within the rar folder. I drag them onto the desktop and then drag them to the final folder.

Cheers

XPirate

Post by XPirate » Sun, 8. Apr 07, 02:18

whats the final folder?

bolmy
x3

Post by bolmy » Sun, 8. Apr 07, 10:39

The final folder is the folder that you want the files to be in. For instance, the final folder for scripts, should be the scripts folder.

Correct me if I'm wrong.
Needs to find something to do with himself until a suitable laptop is thrown his way.

XPirate

Post by XPirate » Sun, 8. Apr 07, 15:47

okay, i got it in the final folder, but when i open up x2 and click on the 'choose mod', all i get is 'standard game'

please help!

Earthman

Post by Earthman » Sun, 8. Apr 07, 18:49

Make sure you put the files into the correct folders, especially moded .cat and .dat files.

In a standard copy of X2 the mods folder is not there so you have to copy the folder [b[and[/b] contents over to the resources folder.

If you have already created the mods folder: Did you call it Mods or mods? It needs to be lower case.

I just followed the instructions in the read me files and it just worked. :)

Cheers

XPirate

Post by XPirate » Sun, 8. Apr 07, 19:44

um, can you repeat everything you did to get it up and working?

i've tried everything you did, and it still isn't working.

is it because i have a demo of betterzip?

what is folder [b[and[/b]?

Earthman

Post by Earthman » Mon, 9. Apr 07, 19:38

LOL... "what is folder [b[and[/b]?"... I was trying to embolden the "and"
:oops:

I'm afraid I've lost the plot here... Betterzip simply unpacks compressed files, including .rar files. I don't know the difference between the demo version and the full version. I have the full version. It's very good, so I'd recommend upgrading.

Now, once the files are unpacked you simply put them in the appropriate folders as instructed in the read me.

Make sure you start with a fresh copy of X2 and remember to add a mods folder for the moded .cat and .dat files to go in.

Keep trying... it's worth it :)

XPirate

Post by XPirate » Thu, 19. Apr 07, 00:48

what is the deadly gate ship?

and why is it that whenever you try to pilot it, the cockpit is covered with a giant tan screen so you can't see out of it?

also, is there a way to script it in with the lasertower weapon?

XPirate

Post by XPirate » Tue, 8. May 07, 02:18

hey, did you put in new stations like nividium mines, space resorts, luxery food factories, ect., because i'm using your mod in my galaxy editor, and i want to add a lot of them.

do you think you could give me the specs on those stations like their resources, (i know the nividium mine is just energy cells), but what all do you need to use make the luxery food factories and mining equipment factories?

xpirate

Buster125
x3tc

Post by Buster125 » Mon, 18. Jun 07, 07:26

Hey all, has anyone thought about doing a home world war mod, where ship can be handle individually, or by fleets and armadas? Mining those gigantic asteroids for the raw materials needed to build fleets and armadas would be manditory, and the destruction of enemy mining facilities would also be vital. Without getting to deep into the home world mode concept, But in such a enormous unvierse, Scout would be vital, and various forms of information concerning sectors and those who control such sectors would be vital also. I know it sounds crazy, but I thought it was a lovely kind of crazy. Well, I know the size of the universe can set the stage for a massive war between empires

shellafee
x3

Post by shellafee » Mon, 25. Jun 07, 07:14

hello all.

Well i have to say this stuff here is really good work.
anyway

there are a few mods and Scrips out there i would like to try abut i a scared to try any of them becuse i do not want to mess up my game i have going i have way to much time spent getting this the way i want them. i have no prob start a new game. it is just if i want to go back and play my old one will all the other stuff that i put in there mess things up.

sorry i am new to the moding and scripting thing.
I really really what to try This mod to be able to fly a Millennium Falcon and a X-Wing Would make my day year even.

Marcybiskup
x3ap

Post by Marcybiskup » Tue, 22. Apr 08, 14:44

Hello all,
I wonder If somebody is still using this mod.

Im just going to try. And my question is about that point from read-me:
2. A custom Galaxy Map with 27 additional sectors and a custom graphic "sectormap" to show the extra sector in-game. The added sectors are intended to provide compatibility with the Massive War Mod...
I love MWM - especially its Massive War Map with much bigger sectors - so I would love to merge these two mods. I just dont know how...

I mean do I need to instal MWM and then SSG? Then choose SSG as mod and select map from MWM? Or maybe something else... Its not so clear for me... :gruebel:

Could anybody explain me what to do and what "compatibility with Massive War Mod" really is in this case?

Thanks in advance

:x2:

dathion
x3

Post by dathion » Thu, 24. Apr 08, 15:33

use the search to find deadlys mods he has a mod with mwm included wit
his mod I belive its ssg/pe

The Trade Empire

Post by The Trade Empire » Mon, 16. Jun 08, 21:53

Im getting quite confused! I have downloaded and installed according to the instructions (see the first page of theis topic)....Having started a game in the custom universe....I see a new station selling fission missles........but all of the ships are the same. M6s, M5s, M4s, M3s, M2s and M1s!!! All the same!

What have i done wrong?? :?
"Putting Profit before pleasure"

"WHAT??????"

dathion
x3

Post by dathion » Mon, 16. Jun 08, 23:06

the new ships are at a new station in sector 1503 I think trust me their there. dont forget to pull up the map and find the sector called deadlys sandbox. That sector has yor new EQ dock with a new M5 scout ship waiting for you :D . hope this helps.

Blade168
x3tc

Post by Blade168 » Mon, 30. Mar 09, 07:23

YAY
I GET STAR DEATROYER!! MAKE XENON GO BOOM :lol:
asum mod

on a more serious not can u make a zip. version with no rar. files plze.
my pc doesnt like rar. files for some reason

Pem
x3ap

Post by Pem » Sun, 12. Apr 09, 21:17

Help downloaded file but cant open cause the select mod package wont work

Post by Guest » Wed, 10. Jun 09, 09:38

the mods dont work on my computer but i think i know why. could you pleeaaaaaseeee send me a version with a different name.

Return to “X²: The Threat - Scripts and Modding”