Top Gun Mod V2.5

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X²: The Threat.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

Harlock776
x2

Files are there

Post by Harlock776 » Sat, 17. Sep 05, 16:38

I just checked and the t file is there. It's 447601 and it's in the t folder. You are getting that code stuff because of some downloading problems on your end.

EDIT...

DOH!!!!

The t folder is packed in the cat&dat files so it's there and it's ok so the mod works but me install info needs to be updated lol.

++][nquisitor++
x3tc

Post by ++][nquisitor++ » Sat, 17. Sep 05, 17:45

That code is just the .rar in txt form, telling it to 'save page as' should get it d/l'ing properly

Oh, and very well done on the mod chaps, you've done a terrific job :)

NavaCorp
x3tc

Post by NavaCorp » Sat, 17. Sep 05, 18:26

Very nice ships expecially the Argons and that Exeter. :D

I've a question however: do I have to start a new game with this mod or can go on with my current one? :?

Bye :)

Harlock776
x2

New game

Post by Harlock776 » Sat, 17. Sep 05, 18:55

New game only because the object hack was used to make this mod so ya have to start over again. The good news though is that this mod will not be updated again since X3 will be out soon so create as many new save games as ya want.

NavaCorp
x3tc

Re: New game

Post by NavaCorp » Sat, 17. Sep 05, 19:12

Harlock776 wrote:New game only because the object hack was used to make this mod so ya have to start over again. The good news though is that this mod will not be updated again since X3 will be out soon so create as many new save games as ya want.
Thanks. :)

Azz
x4

Re: Files are there

Post by Azz » Sat, 17. Sep 05, 19:52

Harlock776 wrote: The t folder is packed in the cat&dat files so it's there and it's ok so the mod works but me install info needs to be updated lol.
But I am french, and I have to transform the 't' files '44601' in '33601' and edit it to change 'language id="44"' in language id="33" .... :(

(yes, i use the 'X2 pck converter' but it's not very user-friendly...)

And thanks for your beautiful mod :)

keitherwild6
x2

Post by keitherwild6 » Sun, 18. Sep 05, 00:08

Harlock thanks man!!

I won't be seen here quite often now.. so...

(Hangs a do not disturb sign on his door, closes it and locks it.)

Harlock776
x2

plot testing

Post by Harlock776 » Sun, 18. Sep 05, 04:24

I've been playing through the plot most of the day now. So far I've just got to the paranid trading dock in sector priest rings to get that LFL device from that paranid jerk that needs the airlock treatment more than mi ton hehe. So far so good any custom ships that I'm flying or that the AI is flying show up like they are supposed to.

If anyone has any weird problems please post here thanks.

Oh yeah some combat results...

Using an Xshuttle and six mass drivers I can obliterate a khaaka cluster that has a lot of m5 and one m3 in it. I haven't ran into the mega clusters yet though. Of course combat with pirate ships is a lot tougher now lol. I end up dodging those orinocos with their GHEPTS a lot more than I used to. I can toast a pirate base with the xshuttle and six GHEPTS but I end up doing it this way only in order to live through it...

First take out the lasertower platforms right away.

The pirate base will launch fighters to deal with the attack, take out the orinocos first as they can kill you with one attack run now thanks to the improved speed of the GHEPTS. Other ships don't seem to be a threat to the xshuttle unless they launch missiles at you.

After the fighters are cleaned up slag that base and do it fast because there might be some more fighters inside that haven't launched yet.

I mounted six pulse lasers to the xshuttle and was able to take down a pirate TS with two or three attack runs and it worked well against the khaaka m5 ships as weill but an interesting side effect is the pirate pilots will bail real fast now against the pulse laser.

Eddieboi
x3

Post by Eddieboi » Sun, 18. Sep 05, 19:15

Im having problems getting this mod to work, iv download the mod and that but there seems to be files missing...like the T & Script files that are mentioned in the Readme file...so its either im doing something wrong...or there are files missing...

Harlock776
x2

files

Post by Harlock776 » Sun, 18. Sep 05, 22:38

Sorry about the install info it's been updated over at *** but the one script you need to make the mod work is in the only folder that comes with the mod called "scripts" it's there you can't miss it.

keitherwild6
x2

Post by keitherwild6 » Sun, 18. Sep 05, 22:59

Hey Harlock, I just dled double shadow's editor. I kind of want to get rid of the aplha, beta and gamma versions of the weapons. The game feel's cluttered with too many weapons that are basically the same thing and what's more useless, I mean who every uses Alpha impulse ray emmiters anyway? If is not to hard can you please tell me how to make them into one single weapon? The same with Firelance mod.

If its too complicated please say so, too much work I can deal with but no too complicated I'd rather not bother, yet.

Harlock776
x2

Actually hehe

Post by Harlock776 » Sun, 18. Sep 05, 23:21

Alpha IRE is not as useless as you might think... I managed to cap a pirate ship with a set of alpha IRE in a disco lol. The pirate TS was flyin through sector argon prime and he had just popped in from the south gate. I flew up behind him and got on his six and started blasting away while maintining speed with him. He couldn't shoot me because I sat just under his rear turret guns and his shields started to drop... Suddenly two phase cannon blasts scraped his ship just barely missing him but doing enough damage along with my IRE still firing to convince him to bail:-) YAY my own pirate ship!!! I thought until I noticed a hornet missile coming right at the ship. It was launched at it by the argon one before the pilot bailed lol. I didn't shoot it down in time and boom there went my capture:-(

The most basic weapons are useful sometimes and also if you delete them from the game you will have to go delete the factories that produce them from the x universe map and that will screw up the economy of the game and everything will eventually grind to a halt financially in game.

It's better to leave them in because you never know when your gonna cap a ship and it's gonna have a weapon or two onboard that you can sell off separate of selling the capped ship itself. Oh and also some ships can only use certain kinds of weapons like M5 ships. They are so small and their power systems so small in wattage that they can't fire any G versions of PAC weapons or higher so smaller weapons are needed to balance out the ship classes. Do you want every opponent in the game to come after you with GHEPTS??? Not me lol.

NavaCorp
x3tc

Post by NavaCorp » Mon, 19. Sep 05, 01:35

Light weapons are useful to cap without damaging the hull too much and they are also important as antimissile defence for turrets and fast tracking weapons for AEGIS than switch on them, turn the turret and then switch back on an heavy PPC or CPAE.

I think is important to have Alpha, Beta , Gamma version of the same weapons to decide how much speed/rate of fire/power we want from that kind of weapon.

keitherwild6
x2

Post by keitherwild6 » Mon, 19. Sep 05, 01:41

A bunch of discos with GEPT can give you nightmares! LOL. But what I wanted was like a single IMPULSE RAY EMMITER, no more Alpha, beta, gamma versions versions. I noticed that most of the m5's can equip all three now anyways. Or am I wrong?

O yeah... um. With the Phantom and the Pirate guild plugins the Pirate's are scary as hell!!!! Wooohoooo! Add Xai advanced combat and woof!!! Man even the almighty xshuttle can no longer be a one ship fleet! hehe, good job Harlock!!!

One thing though I think the price for the Banshee and the Xshuttle are too cheap! I mean four hours in the game I had a 2 traders running and a wheat farm, then I bought an x shuttle. Really unbalanced as price goes. Maybe you should make it around 5 million'ish for the S version so a fully upgraded version will be prohibitive. Just a few steps down from the corvette. The banshee should go for at least three mil minimum. As the descriptions you gave them they seem to be High end fighters, their prices does not reflect this goes the same with the other specialty fighters with the other races, I haven't checked all of them cause I only been around the argon sectors as of the moment. Cause when I spend my credit I want to feel like I really bought something very powerful, you know the same feeling you get when you buy your first carrier with nearly every credit you have.

I've sent 2 disco's and 3 arrows at a fleet of Pirates and only a disco got away with it hehe. The combat as far as I am concerned is top notch. I can't comment with cap battles just yet cause I don't have any.

Hehe as far as combat goes I have no complains... yet... Lol!

I really wanna rub it in that you did a really good job! THREE CHEERS FOR THE BEST MOD (AS FAR AS I AM CONCERNED)!!!

keitherwild6
x2

Post by keitherwild6 » Mon, 19. Sep 05, 01:51

Navcorp, i see your point, but the damage of the Gamma versioin versus the alpha version isn't that significant. Perhaps the speed of the alpha version and the power of the Gamma version will do. Though for the other weapons I can see that it is vital to change the degree of power from shipe to ship. But with the IRE well...

What the heck its really not that important, that's why I said I wanted to know how to do it on my own, I'm not asking Harlock to do it! LOL! His done a lot for me already hehe in the form of this mod.

I used the DS editor already and I saw the ships that was in the universe already... is there a master file where you can just change every ships specification ?

rustybucket
x3

Post by rustybucket » Mon, 19. Sep 05, 01:59

I like this mod. You haven't mentioned it, but the AI and combat handling of the ships seems to be working much better since I have installed this mod. Whatever you did, please keep doing it.

Harlock776
x2

changes

Post by Harlock776 » Mon, 19. Sep 05, 02:33

I think the AI changes might be the result of speeding up all the bullet speeds. All weapons with the exception of beam and ppc weapons and mass driver are now doing 600 speed instead of whatever they were at.

Beam weapons are FAST lol something like 6000 for the khaaka weapons and that is the default speeds I didn't change those. Of course the pulse laser and heavy pulse laser and ion cannon are around 1000 or more speed but I've noticed that so far the AI hasn't used these weapons yet. I did increase the range of the iond as well. The thing that makes the pirates very dangerous has to be the speed of the GHEPT it's 600 but that much damage coming at ya at 600 speed means the ship firing it won't have to slow down so much to get a good shot and it has a slightly longer range now. In fact a lot of the heavier weapons have a longer range except the lasertower weapon. I kinda nerfed that thing and I've noticed that it's harder for a lasertower to attack me now hehe. They still work well against missile defense but the lasertower weapon was too powerful and it's abilities aboard capships was replaced by the heavy laser.

The banshee fighter is cheap because it's a fringe fighter meant to be cheap to build and maintain just as it's description in game states. I know it's got six guns up front but it doesn't have the shielding of the xshuttle and it can go down fast if it gets in a heavy fight. The xshuttle can go down but it lasts longer because of it's top speed and better shielding. I guess the xshuttle could be more expensive hmm... Anyways glad to hear some people can actually install the game and use it lol I did a great job of screwing up the install info lol but I can't change the info on the first post of this thread because shadowtek made that post so I will have to get with him on that one. I did however change the first post of the thread for the mod over at *** to reflect the correct install info.

AdmiralTigerclaw
x4

Post by AdmiralTigerclaw » Mon, 19. Sep 05, 04:10

Beam weapons behave differently in the stats than projectile weapons Harlock.

The lifetime is how long the beam will stay active, the 'speed' is how far it will travel. There is no speed for a beam weapon, it's instantanious.

Harlock776
x2

oops

Post by Harlock776 » Mon, 19. Sep 05, 08:50

Hehe I didn't know the speed for beam weapons would affect distance. I didn't bother with adjusting any of them anyways but I did change the LTW to be 3 something k max and it seems to be working with that distance. The only thing that I have a bit of trouble getting used to right now is the pirates being able to hand me arse to me on a platter even though I'm using a teladi osprey with beta psg and some other heavy weapons on it lol. I was on that ore belt mission and had all the LT taken out and almost all the fighters when a few orinocos got the drop on me and the beta psg in the rear didn't seem to help me much as my ship blew up lol.

TheEvilSquirrel
x2

Post by TheEvilSquirrel » Mon, 19. Sep 05, 17:55

Just installed the mod and cheated a bit to try out the stuff... I must say the new argon destroyers are dam sexy beasts :twisted::twisted::twisted::twisted: !!!... one thing I would say looked a little off was the main guns. Phase cannon's I think they where called....any way the "beam shot" look doesn't appeal to me I think it would look much better as say a massive (and lengthened) Ghept / GPPC shot.....or a nice ball of spazzy energy (aka pac shot :P )...but that's my 2 pence :P....other than that, this is one sweet as mod... such fun fully loading 2 argon executers and a argon titan and *clears throat* PWN'IN SOM PARANID N00B'Z.... I do apologise all my forum going as of late has left an imprint on me :P....Is it possible to make turrets look different because I would sure love to see some beefy turrets on ships instead of the very weedy stock ones...im thinking turrets that actually look like they can cause damage not the current ones that look like they've been glued on to the side of the ship's :p
/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\
_____ _ _ The Evil Squirrel _ _ _____
:idea: :idea: "The bringer of the Idea" :idea: :idea:
\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/

Return to “X²: The Threat - Scripts and Modding”