MH Adv Jumper Script

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X²: The Threat.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

Legion400
x2

MH Adv Jumper Script

Post by Legion400 » Tue, 17. Oct 06, 16:24

I have a slight problem with the Project warpgate.

On setting up 2 warpgates for this 'thing' that im trying ive come across the problem that my ships wont travel through them...

When told to travel to the sector with the warpgate in the ship ignores my gate and goes to the sectors default gate to travel through.

One possible reason i can think of is that as the warpgate is the same gate as the default one (ie if the default is west my warpgate is also west) my ships are choosing the default one over my one.

Is anyone able to help? im not sure if mhordes still lurks around these parts but tigerclaw helped him with this i think.

Appreciate in advance
My Roid Table: Special Thx to Greyhawk for hosting
http://gr3yh4wk.50megs.com/Files/Table% ... 20v1.2.rar

milling_hordesman
x3

Post by milling_hordesman » Wed, 18. Oct 06, 01:47

That's interesting. My only guess is that you're setting up a warpgate between two adjacent systems. If this is the case, I can't say I'm surprised that the ships take the default gate. I don't know what they're behavior is, but I'd guess it checks from the lowest number gate up. When it finds one of the default gates (0-3) just one jump away, it should intelligently just choose that one. All of my projected warpgate numbers start at the next available number (4) and upwards (if multiple gates are opened in that sector), so if I'm correct and the AI uses a simple sequential algorithm, it would prefer the default gates.

As far as my overlapping an existing number, that shouldn't be the problem. I've learned my lesson about using the existing gate numbers well :p

If I'm wrong in my above assumption, then there's nothing immediately apparent that I can think of. The warpgate command even works in the Terradine universe (as I just tested again), so I can't think of why it wouldn't work anywhere at all.
//----------------------------------
--the milling_hordesman

Me Mods

Legion400
x2

Post by Legion400 » Wed, 18. Oct 06, 16:31

Ah yes thats why it was adjacent to the sector i set the gate up in, ill just have to move it somewhere else.

Thx
My Roid Table: Special Thx to Greyhawk for hosting
http://gr3yh4wk.50megs.com/Files/Table% ... 20v1.2.rar

Return to “X²: The Threat - Scripts and Modding”