About how many people are staying loyal to X2 here?

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X²: The Threat.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

Blown
x4

Post by Blown » Wed, 13. Feb 08, 05:51

Hi, I'm playing X2, vanilla game mostly, but some of the mods and scripts, depending on how much I feel like cheating...

Don't have X3 at this point because I'm not sure any of the graphics cards or processors in my computers would survive the attempt.

Lord Dakier
x4

Post by Lord Dakier » Wed, 13. Feb 08, 14:37

well my cousins graphics card outsprinted the recommended graphics card for this game i mean you could spawn ALOT of ships in the same sector and it wouldnt lag throw it on x3 and it lags like mad i recommend top top top top notch graphics card

bounty_hunter66
x4

Post by bounty_hunter66 » Wed, 13. Feb 08, 22:30

im currently playn x2

in x3 i really didnt like they removed race colours, i mean:

Argon - Cyan engine trails and colours

Boron - Blue engine trails and glow and blue ships (Water like)

Paranid - Orange trails and glow and kinda of orange ships and sector background

Split - Red coloured glows and trails and red background and ships (Blood like colour)

Teladi - Green trails and glows and kinda greenish background and ships. (Green - colour of money). Oh and boron also had some green backgrounds.

These colours maked the races more unique and gived them more personality and something to recognize them by

Blown
x4

Post by Blown » Fri, 15. Feb 08, 21:58

Tried the X3 demo... it stutters a lot, and messed up my system. personally, I'm blaming starforce for that bit, (WHY WOULD YOU COPY PROTECT A DEMO?!?) so unless the actual game works better, (Yes, I know they've removed the starforce CP since version 2, it's general performance that I'm thinking about) I'll be leaving it alone till I can justify shelling out $200-250 to make one of the computers able to cope, in the interim, I've been trying to modify some of the scripts that have been released to make them play nice together... does anybody know any tricks to manage this? I have made some initial attempts, but I seem to be messing it up for the most part. :oops:

tranquilizer

Post by tranquilizer » Thu, 28. Feb 08, 18:23

got X2 almost a year ago, now i just barely started playing it. i came from from playing ELITE in the 80's. i like X2 a lot and im sure it'll occupy my time (from now on i hope) for a while. im also thinking about what kind of mods i would like to see in my game, and now searching for some - something not so 'invasive'.

i dont have X3 so i cant really compare.

bluebird1927
x2

Post by bluebird1927 » Thu, 28. Feb 08, 22:00

I'm still palying x2, no for a fact that x3 will chew up my laptop - The best thing about x2 is that there are so many mods out there that the replayability of the game is amazing, will definatly be playing x2 for some time yet.
Will eventually get x3 and TC but will wait until i can afford a pc with all the trimmings to play them smoothly. My only grumble with the x-series is that they require top spec systems to play them.

Lord Dakier
x4

Post by Lord Dakier » Thu, 28. Feb 08, 22:05

well soon i plan on playing all 3... as soon as i finish school and i have a job i plan on getting something like an alienware :D

SWAHILI!!!

Update on the map for whomever wants to know

Post by SWAHILI!!! » Sun, 2. Mar 08, 01:01

Okay, I'm not sure how many people were interested by my idea of the full pirate universe for Top Gun 3.0, but if there are any, this is for you:
My computer crashed yesterday, and I lost my entire galaxy map, all 56 sectors :shock: . So, I started up again, and at the rate I'm going at, the entire map should be done by Mayish.
Anyway, in this one, you start in Argon Prime, the once life-filled Argon Homeworld.
Now, it has the following:
A huge asteroid field in the Southern part of the sector, and ship and station debris scattered all over the place.
There are about 8 stations, including a Pirate owned Shipyard and Pirate Base, as well as a neutral-race-owned Split EQ dock that has all your basic needs. There's several other stations, including a SPP, a Crystal Fab, a SQUASH Fact, and a Ore Mine.
It also has a Pirate-owned Split Elephant idling around, and a Pirate-owned Xenon J that is filled with 107 Pirate ships (yeah, it only holds 100, but I accidentally went overboard).
I'm not quite finished with Home of Light, but it will have a huge Pirate Blockade, as well as a massive Kha'ak sector to the East (they took over President's End), and the Xenons own Red Light.
This map will be really hard to survive in, as there are Pirate, Xenon, and Kha'ak sectors EVERYWHERE (about 145 of 150 or however many sectors there are), and there will be 5 sectors owned by the other races, which will be filled with M1's, M2's, and M6's.
It'll be sooo much fun when it's done.

Removed double posts for you ;) - Cycrow

Dante1988

Post by Dante1988 » Sun, 2. Mar 08, 08:54

Sounds like fun :D

But one post would've been enough ;-)

SWAHILI!!!

Update, 5 sectors added

Post by SWAHILI!!! » Sun, 2. Mar 08, 14:28

Whoops, I didn't realize that I double posted. :oops:
Okay, I've added 5 more sectors, I'm working on Power Circle at the moment, then I'll working on Three Worlds.
This map is going to be impossible when it's done, but when I finish it, a bit of advice: as soon as you start the game, head North as quickly as possible, going straight for Three Worlds, as that'll be the first Boron stronghold. I reccommend that you use many cheat scripts, such as ones for money so you can get yourself a ship that's actually powerful, like a M6 or something.
Oh, and stay away from Ore Belt. That's a major pirate sector, there are 6 capital ships there, so I reccomend you stay away from it!

Dante1988

Post by Dante1988 » Sun, 2. Mar 08, 15:04

Do you know this one? ;-)
Spoiler
Show

SWAHILI!!!

Post by SWAHILI!!! » Sun, 2. Mar 08, 15:42

Yeah, what about it???

Dante1988

Post by Dante1988 » Sun, 2. Mar 08, 15:44

You could have used it ;-)

But I am going to stop spamming before a Mod gets the idea to kick my ass ;-)

SWAHILI!!!

Update, 4 More Sectors Added

Post by SWAHILI!!! » Sun, 2. Mar 08, 17:48

Okay, since Dante1988 suggested I use this, here's the latest update:
Spoiler
Show
This is what I've added so far:
  • 1 Fully Equipt Split Starfighter to the Weapon Component Fact. in Three Worlds. Try to survive your way to there, then you can get a good M3 and start blowing the crap out of all the enemies.
    4 More Sectors, including Kingdom End, Cloudbase Northwest, Ringo Moon, and The Hole (It's actually made to look like there's a black hole at the bottom of the sector, with 4 planets placed so they look like they're falling into a pit of darkness).
    3 More Pirate Capital Ships added to Ore Belt.
Here pretty soon, I'll start working on Brennan's Triumph and those sectors.
What do you think?

SWAHILI!!!

Post by SWAHILI!!! » Mon, 3. Mar 08, 02:52

Would all replies now be added to the Galactic Piracy Guild Map for Top Gun 3.0 Here.
Thanks!

Gravemind
x3tc

Post by Gravemind » Mon, 3. Mar 08, 13:07

HI im full loyal to X2 The Threat im working with Chris Gi and with other people on a Mod name is X2 Pandora Mod if you wanna visit us go to www.x2-pandora.de (NOTE: The most Parts of the Pages are in German so dont cry there are English forum sections for your Language.
Möp Möp, X² Pandora sucht Scripter/Modeller/Story/BBSschreiber besucht www.x2-pandora.de für deine Bewerbung.

Honk Honk, X² Pandora is looking for Scripter/Modeller/Story/BBSwriter visit www.x2-pandora.de for your Application.

Graceburn

Post by Graceburn » Thu, 6. Mar 08, 11:19

i'd definently get it, x2 vanilla is great, but once you discover the modding possibilities, it seems boring, so i'd love to get it. keep working! :D

shark_mc_007

Post by shark_mc_007 » Mon, 17. Mar 08, 23:07

x2 best game ever :x2:
MAMBO

mystikmind2005
x2

Post by mystikmind2005 » Thu, 20. Mar 08, 03:01

What keeps X2 on top is the ability to capture the khaak m3
What intriguing weapons and shields will you use to protect your trade ships and sectors from the Khaak when your not home? unless you can afford capital ships *and luck* its all for nothing, NOTHING! Mwaahhhhahaha
*(amendment for TC since all the good strategy and planning is no longer enough, you also need luck)*

evilweeja
x3

Post by evilweeja » Thu, 20. Mar 08, 15:49

:x2: FOREVER an X2 The Threat fan .. X2 outclasses X3 in every way shape an form ! :x2:
May the " X " be with you .. Always !

Return to “X²: The Threat - Scripts and Modding”