Xai Autotrader problem

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X²: The Threat.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

Burianek
x3tc

Post by Burianek » Mon, 2. Feb 04, 20:58

mr_south wrote: An ultimate solution for this is to re-evaluate the situation frequently when it's flying. We are actually working on this now, but there's a big technical issue: balancing between the AI and the game performance. We don't want to consume too much processing power for this.
This is the reason I deleted Teladi 2.2c and started using your scripts. I noticed (esp in SETA) ships idling to 0 and sitting for periods of time (even my own ship) before continuing on their way. Haven't had any probs with this using your script.
As far as the logic goes for checking during the course of a trading run, another thing Teladi would do occasionally is travel say two sectors east to get cheap food or whatever, decide when it was almost there that it could get it cheaper 4 sectors west, (due to a change in supply no doubt) turn around and travel west, and then again when it was almost there turn around again and head back towards the first factory. (while using Hermes, so it's not like I was using slow Dolphins).
Maybe the frequency of checks could be limited and some additional logic placed that forces any change in destination to be at most the same distance from the ship as the current target factory. (It will change destination if it is cheaper and closer/same, but if it's farther it will just keep going to the current target)

I'm not a scripter and have no idea how to code it, but might help make your already fantastic scripts better.

mr_south
x2

Xai.TMK1 v1.1a is out.

Post by mr_south » Sun, 8. Feb 04, 22:27

Hey guys, just a quick reminder to whoever interested in:

Xai.TMK1 v1.1a is out. Currently available at Xai Corp. Website (http://24.84.137.31/Xai/), and soon at x2scripting.com. A short list of changes/fixes:
. A new command is added to allow instant installation of Xai.TMK1 to all player's TP/TS.
. Fixed a glitch in the software when using with shield factories.
. More incoming messages to keep you informed

Return to “X²: The Threat - Scripts and Modding”