Which mining script is right for me?

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X²: The Threat.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

esd
x3tc

Which mining script is right for me?

Post by esd » Thu, 29. Jan 04, 04:15

I have a split TS equipped with an ore collecter and a MDR, and 3 Boron Mantas all equipped with the OCs. I have found a rather lucrative sector, with a smegload of silicon (I mine mainly silicon - higher margins).

I do not have a factory within 10 jumps of the sector. I do not own a TL, or anything bigger than a TS, actually. I need (or rather, would like) a script to automate the process of mining, collecting and shipping the minerals.

I know there are several scripts out there that do this kinda thing, but which would be best for this exact scenario?

(This would be my first downloaded/installed script, so a little help would be excellent, also :) )
esd's Guides: X² Loops - X³ MORTs

ZeligtheLiar
x3

Post by ZeligtheLiar » Sun, 1. Feb 04, 08:16

I've never used it, but the XaiCorp Automated Mining script is very popular, as are all their scripts. Could be they're doing something right. :)

There's also the Ore Collector script by Merle. That looks very good too.

Just be sure you follow the instructions that say to stay in the sector with the mining ship.

moggy2
x3ap

Post by moggy2 » Sun, 1. Feb 04, 18:09

I'd probably go with the Xai Corp. Automining in this situation. It's still a fairly hands on exercise though, it will find, mine and collect the ore, but then stop and follow the player, until it's ordered to mine the next asteroid.
The player does need to be in the sector, although not necessarily in the ship doing the mining because the asteroid appears not to explode if the player's not in the sector. I usually supervise the transfer of ore to waiting transports using the transporter device. The other ships could use the stock special command software to 'collect wares in sector'

There does appear to be atleast one problem with the script in that it can't get close enough to some of the very large asteroids, and I have seen it completely ignore some asteroids altogether.

esd
x3tc

Post by esd » Sun, 1. Feb 04, 19:05

Hmm... I may give that one a go (Xai), but it's more likely I'll hang on for the scripting docs and write on myself :wink:

Thanks. :)
esd's Guides: X² Loops - X³ MORTs

merle
x3tc

Post by merle » Mon, 2. Feb 04, 13:58

Hmm, The OreCollect V2a scriptpack have a script that can automate the turret of the Caiman.

I would use the basic 'collect wares in sector' for tha Mantas and pilot the Caiman myself using turret RoidBust on the rear turret.

But no current scripts are ideal for your setup.

You could automate the selling by building a mine on the best asteroid in the sector and have your Mantas unload there. Mines are cheap.

Return to “X²: The Threat - Scripts and Modding”