scripting idea (multiselection) or idea for egosoft (patch)

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X²: The Threat.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

djmad

scripting idea (multiselection) or idea for egosoft (patch)

Post by djmad » Sat, 31. Jan 04, 17:08

some nice ideas

* command possibility in ship buy screen

* integrate some group managment for many ships

with this features its possible to manage fast 10 trade ships in later time games
or complete sector defence groups.

and everybody knows its very nasty to set the home-base command and move then every ship to its home-location. no problem if you are alone in an sector with no factories, but if there are some ships which have allready some jobs to do ,.... you have many times to select all ships one by one.

could look like this one:
------------------------------------------
like in every strategy game

strg + 4 add ship to multiselection
strg + 5 del ship from multiselection
strg + 6 clear all selections

strg + 1 to create a group shortcut
strg + 2
strg + 3
alt + 1 to load a group
alt + 2
alt + 3

strg + 4 show all current selections
(like a small status screen,
with selection possibility so
you can make commands on whole groups)
-----------------------------------------------

so its just an suggestion, but it should really be integraded

its an missing feature most new games are able to do
or its very good hidden :evil:

Deleted User

Post by Deleted User » Sat, 31. Jan 04, 18:44

3 points to make
1. this question belongs in the scripting forum
2. it works the way it is and everybody seems happy with the way it is
3. register the game and you may get more help

Vespero

Don't throw out the baby with the bathwater.

Post by Vespero » Sun, 1. Feb 04, 00:46

Xenonbuster,
I know someone with your tag may not be too fond of pirates (I myself find piracy in any form rather repugnant. I have never participated in it, and I don't tolerate it in my family), but let's not discount a good idea just because we can't see a tickydisk on the author's profile. Upon browsing the forums, I have found many requests for a similar feature (call it ship-grouping or whatnot), so it seems that there are many other users who think this would be a good idea. Thus, to say that it doesn't bother anyone and they seen happy with the way it is would be taking a rather large jump in logic, considering the evidence. Our fellow boardmember here may be using multiple usernames, or may have decided to abstain from registering for any number of reasons. If he is a pirate, let's hope that his love for the game will prick his conscience into giving the game's creators their due and helping them continue to feed their families. In the meantime, this is a good suggestion.
With all due respect,
Vespero de Sabara
Macacos me mordem!

Deleted User

Re: Don't throw out the baby with the bathwater.

Post by Deleted User » Sun, 1. Feb 04, 01:00

Vespero wrote:Xenonbuster,
I know someone with your tag may not be too fond of pirates (I myself find piracy in any form rather repugnant. I have never participated in it, and I don't tolerate it in my family), but let's not discount a good idea just because we can't see a tickydisk on the author's profile. Upon browsing the forums, I have found many requests for a similar feature (call it ship-grouping or whatnot), so it seems that there are many other users who think this would be a good idea. Thus, to say that it doesn't bother anyone and they seen happy with the way it is would be taking a rather large jump in logic, considering the evidence. Our fellow boardmember here may be using multiple usernames, or may have decided to abstain from registering for any number of reasons. If he is a pirate, let's hope that his love for the game will prick his conscience into giving the game's creators their due and helping them continue to feed their families. In the meantime, this is a good suggestion.
With all due respect,
Vespero de Sabara
Macacos me mordem!
I have not read any requests at all for this type of feature which may or may not be a good idea.
Nowhere in my post did I say he was a pirate but said that if he registered he may get more help

ZeligtheLiar
x3

Post by ZeligtheLiar » Sun, 1. Feb 04, 08:53

I think the ability to assign ships to groups and an added funtion of commanding groups would be excellent.

This is already in place, in a limited capacity, with the ability to set wingmen and command them all at one time. Could we build on that?

Vespero

Post by Vespero » Sun, 1. Feb 04, 22:01

Xenonbuster wrote: "I have not read any requests at all for this type of feature which may or may not be a good idea."
Seach the forums a little more carefully, especially the tech support and spoiler forums. The demand for this feature is there. I'm sorry if I offended you. All I'm trying to say that this is a good idea, and endless tickydisk watching could easily get in the way of the progression of good ideas. If it would help, we could start a poll to see who would be in favor of such a feature. I personally am in favor of it, as it would simplify multi-ship operations a great deal.
Respectfully,
Vespero de Sabara
Macacos me mordem!

Deleted User

Post by Deleted User » Mon, 2. Feb 04, 00:27

Vespero

no offence taken at all
The idea of djmad, which as I said may or may not be a good one, is not something I am interested in and so do not search for it at all.
I do not "tickydisk" watch in the slightest but was just pointing out that if djmad was registered he would be more likely to get a good response to his idea.

Vespero

Post by Vespero » Mon, 2. Feb 04, 13:52

Xenonbuster,
Point taken. You were just trying to be helpful, and this is not a feature that you are interested in. I get it. I, too, have noticed that those who post without registering are unlikely to get many responses, if any.
Respectfully,
Vespero de Sabara
Macacos me Mordem!

Return to “X²: The Threat - Scripts and Modding”