Advanced NavSat script question?

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X²: The Threat.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

helmann
x4

Advanced NavSat script question?

Post by helmann » Thu, 5. Feb 04, 02:37

Is it possible to write a script that would automatically turn off the video option on the advanced nav sats?
Why i ask is that i prefer to use them as they have bigger range but i hate the whiteish overlay they leave when the video option is on. And it really pisses me off everytime i go into the sector screen where there is one and have to press 'k' all the time.
Is this possible?
If so then who is up to the challenge?
Thanx.

Reven
x4

Re: Advanced NavSat script question?

Post by Reven » Thu, 5. Feb 04, 03:25

helmann wrote:Is it possible to write a script that would automatically turn off the video option on the advanced nav sats?
Why i ask is that i prefer to use them as they have bigger range but i hate the whiteish overlay they leave when the video option is on. And it really pisses me off everytime i go into the sector screen where there is one and have to press 'k' all the time.
Is this possible?
If so then who is up to the challenge?
Thanx.
I don't think this is possible with a script, but it might be possible with a mod.

The difference is that to do this you would have to edit or replace built-in files. It might not even be possible to change with a mod, but I think it's very likely we could accomplish the same thing by adding a new type of sattelite. One that has the extra range but no photo capacity.

I find the photo part of the advanced sats annoying too. Not just for that grey color, but also because they hurt the frame rate pretty bad sometimes.

I'll work on it and see what I can do.
You were warned... pirates will be hunted down like vermin.

Ex Turbo Modestum

helmann
x4

Post by helmann » Thu, 5. Feb 04, 03:59

thanx Reven. Your a blessing to the X community.
Glad we have ppl like you around.

helmann
x4

Post by helmann » Thu, 5. Feb 04, 10:29

OK new idea.
Instead of just removing the video option. Why not add a cloaking device as well. Then just increase the price by a shit load to balance it and then we have the ultimate satellites.
:)

Return to “X²: The Threat - Scripts and Modding”