[MOD] P. X. D. mod Alpha v0.95

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X²: The Threat.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

Lord Dakier
x4

Post by Lord Dakier » Mon, 29. Jun 09, 17:50

Man, I so wanna learn how to do it!

Zeron-mk7
x3

Post by Zeron-mk7 » Mon, 29. Jun 09, 18:43

The idea is very good with nova wings location, but I think both 939 bod parts and 944 bod part not in the right place, it would be better others parts, about lasers I don't like when lasers are inside in the parts.
Perhaps better to looks like the following:[ external image ], [ external image ] It's just a quick sketch from SOLEK.

DeadlyDarkness
x3tc

Post by DeadlyDarkness » Mon, 29. Jun 09, 20:39

Well, the way I designed it way to have two forward firing lasers, one turret laser ontop of the cockpit (hence the TS turret widget), and one rear turret. More than 3 frontal lasers is quite overpowered on a fighter.

The reason I put the lasers there also, was because it made the ship way too wide. Makes shooting look funny as the bolt will clip through the body.

Perhaps you could place the lasers on the wing tips like a TIE interceptor?

EDIT: And I've also noticed you retextured parts, perhaps try changing the cargo body component texture to be a bit more grey so it matches the rest of the model? The mukky brown looks a bit odd.

Zeron-mk7
x3

Post by Zeron-mk7 » Tue, 30. Jun 09, 08:29

DeadlyDarkness wrote:EDIT: And I've also noticed you retextured parts, perhaps try changing the cargo body component texture to be a bit more grey so it matches the rest of the model? The mukky brown looks a bit odd.
Yes of course we changed texture to other, it was just a quick sketch. Solek will working more with this ship design.
DeadlyDarkness wrote:More than 3 frontal lasers is quite overpowered on a fighter.
I think that M3 ship class maximum must have 4 front lasers, M4 ship class 3 front lasers and M5 ship class 2 front lasers, turrets must be just in m3 class ships, I think.
Write more your thoughts about new ship designs, what parts would you like to see in new ships designs. Your thoughts accelerates of new ships creation and of course speeds up the mod completion.

Post by Guest » Tue, 30. Jun 09, 10:05

at least hes determined then

Zeron-mk7
x3

Post by Zeron-mk7 » Tue, 30. Jun 09, 10:49

sergoba wrote:at least hes determined then
I don't understand what you mean !?

Post by Guest » Tue, 30. Jun 09, 12:23

he had the effort to finish the mod.

Zeron-mk7
x3

Post by Zeron-mk7 » Tue, 30. Jun 09, 14:20

For all, us interested only your ideas for new ship designs, but we don't used in our mod your created files (your created ship parts or ship scene files).
For example: you created ship and posted in our mod post ship scene file, this doesn't mean that we will put your ship scene file in our mod, we only check your scene file to see on your ship.
For example as "DeadlyDarkness" doing with ship idea, he post ship screenshot and scene file, when we looking at his ship scene in 3DS MAX we see ship position from all angles and we are easier to understand his ship idea, good work and idea.
All your ships design ideas we changing more or less, to avoid the situation when your created ship are identical to our mod ship.

Shadow dream
x3tc

Post by Shadow dream » Tue, 30. Jun 09, 18:30

dude, I can hardly read your english... I can't understand what you are talking ....... :(

Shadow
Wahre Gentlemen behalten sogar umzingelt von Löwen ihren Leitsatz: Ladies first.
Wann lernt die Gesellschaft endlich, dass Geld erst die Probleme macht, die wir haben?
[ external image ]
Topic - Gallery - Forum - Freiheit

Lord Dakier
x4

Post by Lord Dakier » Tue, 30. Jun 09, 20:51

And am I correct in thinking you were German Shadow?... I'm English and I didnt understand that lol.

Did you try that model from homeworld 2 Shadow?

Zeron-mk7
x3

Post by Zeron-mk7 » Tue, 30. Jun 09, 21:03

Shadow dream wrote:dude, I can hardly read your english... I can't understand what you are talking
Unfortunately my English is not good enough, my mistake, I try to write as simple as possible. I was talking about, all your ships designs we try to put in our mod, but not your files (your created ship parts or ship scene files).

Chris Gi
x3tc

Post by Chris Gi » Tue, 30. Jun 09, 22:26

Your english is good enough, I wish I could speak or write any other language as good as you did english :D.

Anyway, I have a suggestion/hint on this remark of you:
I don't like when lasers are inside in the parts.
We from the Pandora mod team made an invisible body with a laser part. We can use this body on whatever part of an ship that seems suitable, thus avoiding those clumpsy 106 or 107 parts. Of course, this body isn't animated like 106 or 107. But it's perfect to use holes or something as the point where laser shots seem to come from. It's sometimes very useful.
--------------------------------

[ external image ]

DeadlyDarkness
x3tc

Post by DeadlyDarkness » Tue, 30. Jun 09, 22:38

Perhaps some of the ships could be different variants of the existing ones, much like in the X3:TC.

M7's for example would be nice additions, as well as Vanguard, Raider and Sentinel versions. In fact, It'd be pretty cool to have TM's aswell.

Lord Dakier
x4

Post by Lord Dakier » Wed, 1. Jul 09, 01:58

Yeah I said that earlier. I think a mod where you have a made up model then several variants of that model but all excelling in different parts.

Zeron-mk7
x3

Post by Zeron-mk7 » Wed, 1. Jul 09, 14:03

DeadlyDarkness wrote:In fact, It'd be pretty cool to have TM's aswell.
I already had such idea. I am already working on M6 ship who can carry 5 ships, I tested - M6 class ship are possible external docked 5 ships.

I tested, how many ships are possible add in x2.
I have succeeded add in the game 291 ships, I do not know why not all 314, but only 291 ship, maybe somewhere I make a mistake.
Abaut PATCH15 extra features:
Allow M5, M4, M3 class ship dock to M6 class ship. Tested works OK.
Allow TS, TP class ship dock to M2 class ship. Tested works OK.
Maximum lasers and missiles in the game are 31.

Lord Dakier
x4

Post by Lord Dakier » Wed, 1. Jul 09, 14:28

Another idea I had which either has never been in a mod or cant be done, create a bullet like ammo. Something like the mass driver for example but using bullets.

Zeron-mk7
x3

Post by Zeron-mk7 » Wed, 1. Jul 09, 17:05

Lord_Dakier wrote:Another idea I had which either has never been in a mod or cant be done, create a bullet like ammo. Something like the mass driver for example but using bullets.
In TBullets are line Body ID, this is body part of ammo. In TBullets on Alpha High Energy Plasma Thrower Body ID I changed on Mosquito Missile bod part, as a result my Alpha High Energy Plasma Thrower weapon shots with rockets, looks strange, but idea is very good.
Need more to think about this idea.

Shadow dream
x3tc

Post by Shadow dream » Wed, 1. Jul 09, 17:08

you can even use ships, stations, gates,... as bullets :D
I thnk he ment a gun that needs ammo to fire - there you have to change the Bullet-type number (don't know exactly what, only know that 0 = bullet and 2 = beam).

Shadow:

PS: I didn't critizize you, Zeron-mk7, I just wanted to let you know ;)
Wahre Gentlemen behalten sogar umzingelt von Löwen ihren Leitsatz: Ladies first.
Wann lernt die Gesellschaft endlich, dass Geld erst die Probleme macht, die wir haben?
[ external image ]
Topic - Gallery - Forum - Freiheit

Lord Dakier
x4

Post by Lord Dakier » Thu, 2. Jul 09, 01:22

No i ment as in a helicopter gunships type of bullets.

Zeron-mk7
x3

Post by Zeron-mk7 » Sun, 12. Jul 09, 09:46

Updated: 12.07.2009
We created more 11 new ships, look at new ships screenshots.

Return to “X²: The Threat - Scripts and Modding”