Help with removing FATE script (replace with Xai trade 1.1)

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X²: The Threat.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

VALENSN
x3

Help with removing FATE script (replace with Xai trade 1.1)

Post by VALENSN » Thu, 19. Feb 04, 00:39

I read the instructions for removing FATE 1.0 in the update instructions for Xai trade sw MK 1.1(fixed).

I stopped every single one of my 132 transport ships and gave them the standby command. None of my ships were doing *anything* cept for my corvettes were still patrolling.

I checked the script stats and there are no instances of FATE running except for one.

It shows one instance of FATE auto buy running. I've removed all the FATE stuff from the scripts menu in-game, reinit script caches, and it still shows that once instance of FATE auto-buy running.

I've re-checked and triplechecked every single one of my ships, and they *all* have been issued stop commands and are not running the FATE script anymore.

I went ahead and tried installing Xai trade 1.1, but it continually locks the game up on me in random places.

Any suggestions?

Thanks,

VALEN

_nox_
x4

Post by _nox_ » Thu, 19. Feb 04, 02:30

the interface for managing script threads is unfortunate.

yes, looping scripts are dangerous. They should all have the following code -

Set infinite loop detection = true
if not [this]
return 0
end
No good deed goes unpunished.

3iff
x2

Post by 3iff » Thu, 19. Feb 04, 09:53

I had this horrendous job although I only had 96 ships to do. I stopped all the Fate ship trading and saved the game. I then exited X2 and restarted it, loading the savegame. I'm sure that at this point the script totals indicated Fate at 0 uses.

So I exited the game and installed the Xai software scripts and restarted. I then started initialising the Xai trading commands.

Apart from a couple of issues (with version 1.0 - now fixed) I had no problems. Basically I followed the instructions in the readme file. If I remember, it suggested doing reinit script cache (in the script editor).

VALENSN
x3

Post by VALENSN » Thu, 19. Feb 04, 16:34

3iff wrote:I had this horrendous job although I only had 96 ships to do. I stopped all the Fate ship trading and saved the game. I then exited X2 and restarted it, loading the savegame. I'm sure that at this point the script totals indicated Fate at 0 uses.

So I exited the game and installed the Xai software scripts and restarted. I then started initialising the Xai trading commands.

Apart from a couple of issues (with version 1.0 - now fixed) I had no problems. Basically I followed the instructions in the readme file. If I remember, it suggested doing reinit script cache (in the script editor).
I followed the Xai trade 1.1(fixed) readme to the letter. I also did the script cache renit, saved, exited game and reloaded, and still had 1 instance of FATE auto buy running. I finally finished issuing new auto/buy commands with Xai 1.1 to all my trade ships and magicially that one instance of FATE auto buy stopped running...

Very strange, I checked, double checked & triple checked when I stopped all my transports, they were all issued standby commands while in space.

Problem resolved itself - just don't know what caused it or what exactly fixed it.. very strange indeed.

Last but not least, Xai corporation rocks!

Return to “X²: The Threat - Scripts and Modding”