[WiP] X2-Pandora

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X²: The Threat.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

The-Last-Communist

Post by The-Last-Communist » Sun, 13. Jun 10, 19:48

Amazing
Splits , for the better things in life...

Eagle John
x3

Re: [WiP] X2-Pandora

Post by Eagle John » Mon, 26. Jul 10, 21:58

What we are looking for:
Experienced scripters who help us creating the commands
Moddel maker to make the ships from some races as Argon, Split, Xenon,...
Voices to give the guys in the Universe a new voice.
Texture-maker to bring a new life on the ships and stations
hey I already pm'ed you but the message doesn't go to sendbox, so i tought I should post here. anyways, i'd like to help you with your mod, I have quite good model making skills i hope i can help you with that. :)

Eagle John

Shadow dream
x3tc

Post by Shadow dream » Sun, 28. Nov 10, 18:11

So finaly it's time for another update here.

Yes, we're still alive and we're planing to stay it!

Many of you may wonder how Pandora is going on. Well, we have built up many things already here. Even more our next (intern) version of the mod is going to be done and it brings some nice stuff with it. E.g we expanded our to-do-list with new projects as real cap-lasers, nice cockpits, H.U.D, final the bubble shields, a.m.m

The number of models has grown too, however we still need some guys to build more -> so what are you waiting for? Join!

Some of you might know that four[FUP] has joined our team and is writing many missions for us. Not all missions - there are just to many to be done, just thinking of the story! We even have to shorten things so we can manage anything. Pandora won't only include a complete story for the player but race-starts with an own plot for each too! They are fixed on the race and follow their behaviour.
Still four's job is not fixed on writing missions/stories but also creating new background-tracks for the sectors!
You will enjoy the following conversations with NPC-Pilots too that are in work. E.g it might be that a ship wants to know the shortest way to it's destination sector. If you help them is your choice.
Talking of conversations: Since Pandora adds many stuff as wares, ships, descriptions,... poor old Betty can't read them all, so we just have to make a Betty MK2! This is the job of Guennie1568 who does what he can to bring us a fully compatible bord-computer voice.

Now you might want to see some new screen-shots. We won't let you in the dark, so...
Lets start with new cockpits. We're still at an early stage with models, so we haven't many we can show to you now. That's why we're going to present you one only.
[ external image ]
On this screen we have a turret. You will be happy to see how much larger the view has got! Anything annoying has been taken off. That's how it should be!
As you can see the H.U.D has been removed comepletely here. This will raise the cockpit-feeling and even provide you a better view for screenshots in exterior-cam-mode!
[ external image ]
Except the walls of this room this part here is the entire turret. What can you ask more for?

What could a game like X2 need too? Of course! Big Cap-guns! What do we want with those miniature-guns that are even placed on small ships? So... A pitty that X2 has only 2 animated guns for this purpose. Sad, right? Well, in this case we have our 2-barrel-cap-guns. You didn't read right? Ok then, I'll repeat then: 2-barrel-cap-guns! Right! Who could have immagined that it would work in X2? But this is Pandora, this is standard here...
[ external image ]
[ external image ]

Remember having read that our map is fully built by scripts? Then I ask you a question: Did you never think that asteroids in sectors look so ... artificial? Even hand-made? I mean, it's just a bunch of rocks floating in the sky. Not that pretty, right?
Well, now we are proud of introducing you the Asteroid-belt-maker!
[ external image ]
This was just a simple test of an early stage of it. It's still not done, but a little more work and it fully builds asteroid belts around planets! Isn't it exciting?

Fun-Corner:
Did you ever wish to see your ship scann your surrounding on a visual level? Well, this is just a fun-product made by Shadow dream (eye-candy) but we want to present you the view on a ship that really scanns a sector with lights!
[ external image ]
[ external image ]
Those lights are animated completely. However this product will probably not find it's way to the final version. Let's see what future will bring.

(Further screens might follow)

-------------------------------------------------------

Even now Pandora is still looking for good men to help us out with this project! Scripters, Modders, guys who just record conversations to bring life in the Universe, anything! It's not that we're lazy but any help will help us to reach the end.
Those who won't believe it can view the date of the last update.
We're looking forward to any helping hand!
Wahre Gentlemen behalten sogar umzingelt von Löwen ihren Leitsatz: Ladies first.
Wann lernt die Gesellschaft endlich, dass Geld erst die Probleme macht, die wir haben?
[ external image ]
Topic - Gallery - Forum - Freiheit

Lord Dakier
x4

Post by Lord Dakier » Sun, 28. Nov 10, 19:54

Good to see you guys are still working on this, cant wait to try the end product.

Shadow dream
x3tc

Post by Shadow dream » Mon, 29. Nov 10, 01:53

Me neither :D
that's one of the reasons we need more guys here

Hum, just noticed the first post isn't really up to date... gonna have update it once :roll:

Shadow
Wahre Gentlemen behalten sogar umzingelt von Löwen ihren Leitsatz: Ladies first.
Wann lernt die Gesellschaft endlich, dass Geld erst die Probleme macht, die wir haben?
[ external image ]

Zeron-mk7
x3

Post by Zeron-mk7 » Mon, 29. Nov 10, 09:38

Turret cockpit looks cool :D , never thinking to change it, very good idea. :)
2-barrel-cap-guns looks wery good. :o

Chris Gi
x3tc

Post by Chris Gi » Fri, 3. Dec 10, 12:32

Zeron-Mk7 has joined the team. He will work on the Argon and Xenon ships.

Zeron-Mk7 has worked on the P.X.D. mod. Thus he's an experienced modder and will be a valuable addition to the team.
--------------------------------

[ external image ]

Dongaio

Post by Dongaio » Fri, 3. Dec 10, 22:20

looks nice

dathion
x3

Post by dathion » Sun, 5. Dec 10, 12:55

Glad to hear Zeron-Mk7 has joined your team :D I hope this will increase the mod's progress. wish you all the best and above all have fun 8)

Chris Gi
x3tc

Post by Chris Gi » Mon, 6. Dec 10, 11:45

And again:

Dongaio has joined the team also. He will work as scripter - so progress should be much better now :D

Dongaio has made some scripts for P.X.D. mod. I don't know how this will effect further development of P.X.D....

[ external image ]

Zeron-mk7
x3

Post by Zeron-mk7 » Mon, 6. Dec 10, 14:22

Chris Gi wrote:I don't know how this will effect further development of P.X.D....
It will don't affect future development of P. X. D. mod. :D

Dongaio

Post by Dongaio » Mon, 6. Dec 10, 20:04

I agree with Zenon. We have our own ideas for P.X.D. and will work on this mod independently of pandora content.

dathion
x3

Post by dathion » Mon, 6. Dec 10, 23:09

that's good news :D although I will have separate installs for both mods 8)

Rockettman
xr

Post by Rockettman » Mon, 18. Jul 11, 23:32

any updates on this?

Shadow dream
x3tc

Post by Shadow dream » Tue, 19. Jul 11, 02:56

Of course ^^
We're just to busy developing - simply no time to note everything in a nice written post ;)
Some helping hands won't hurt

Edit: While asking for help: Is there someone who understands a little german? We need some help for the translation of the mod!

Shadow
Last edited by Shadow dream on Tue, 19. Jul 11, 23:49, edited 1 time in total.
[ external image ]

Chris Gi
x3tc

Post by Chris Gi » Tue, 19. Jul 11, 23:49

Any updates?

Well, the mod is still considered to be in alpha state (at least by me). But a pretty good alpha state, I would say. "Alpha" means that after every minor update a complete restart is necessary.

Many things are already working pretty good while others have not even been worked on.

Currently, I'm working on the different plots, and I guess around 30 % are ready (and working) - but most plots aren't translated at the moment. These plots are scripted with the use of a newly created "mission interface" that seems to be almost finished. It's still missing an important part, but this is planned for the next milestone and allows the use of so called cutscenes in the plots (similar to those scenes in vanilla).

The basics of the modified economic system are made, but the new production cycles still need to be completed - economy seems to be a little imbalanced at the moment.

To make a long story short: my main focus is to stabilize and complete the new game mechanics. This task will minimize the necessary updates and bring the mod closer to a beta status.

[ external image ]

dathion
x3

Post by dathion » Wed, 20. Jul 11, 05:41

glad to hear this news been waiting for ever :D
any way keep up the hard work. I will keep watching so I'll be ready when you
are :)

EliteM3
x3tc

Post by EliteM3 » Thu, 21. Jul 11, 17:49

Well, maybe I can help in Textures and Sound if possible... :)

Chris Gi
x3tc

Post by Chris Gi » Thu, 21. Jul 11, 23:57

What kind of help?
We changed a lot of texture, and some textures need additional work (maybe there are better textures?). Can you make textures yourself?
And of course sound is also very important...
Sure, if you're good at these things - too bad your mod doesn't work up to now, so I was not able to see what you've already done...

[ external image ]

EliteM3
x3tc

Post by EliteM3 » Fri, 22. Jul 11, 08:10

Chris Gi wrote:too bad your mod doesn't work up to now, so I was not able to see what you've already done...
OFF-TOPIC: Maybe we can discuss about my mod on my topic lol xDD

Now back on topic

About sounds what you need of them? I meant like: Engine, Lasers, Inpact sound etc...

Return to “X²: The Threat - Scripts and Modding”