Where are the cockpits?

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X²: The Threat.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

KeybdFlyer
x2

Where are the cockpits?

Post by KeybdFlyer » Tue, 22. Feb 11, 13:50

Just on the off-chance that there are still people playing/interested in this excellent game and who still browse this forum, I have a question...

Where would I find the image files that make up the in-game cockpits? If anyone happens to also know the numbers or names of the individual files for the different ships, that would be even better! I'd love to have a go at producing a customised cockpit simply because the original ones look positively 2nd World War apart from the "instrumentation". Metal framing, I think, would have been long abandoned, surely? Anyway, any guidance would be appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

Zeron-mk7
x3

Post by Zeron-mk7 » Tue, 22. Feb 11, 14:21

You can see ship cockpit scene numbers in the Tships file - into the "cockit BOB" line. If you want to see, what files are into the cockpits scene, you need to unpacked cockpit scene, then open scene file with txt editor - there you will see all bod files, who are used into the current cockpit scene.
Here are list of some X2 cockpits scenes numbers:
TS- 4515
M3- 4502
ARGON NOVA M3- 4520
M5- 4510
M6- 4518
TL, M1, M2- 4516
PIRATE SHIP- 4556
XENON M3- 4550
GONER- 4565
XENON TL, M1, M2- 4552
KHAAK M3- 4559
EXPERIMENTAL SHIP- 4566

KeybdFlyer
x2

Post by KeybdFlyer » Tue, 22. Feb 11, 22:50

Thanks for the rapid response. Zeron. Unfortunately, I'm no wiser! :(

In my innocence, I assumed they'd be a series of image files (.jpg, .tga or whatever) that I'd be able to extract & modify. I've no idea where to even find the Tships file you refer to. Nevertheless, I'll keep probing and see what I can find out.

Many thanks once again though!

E.R.Hyland
x2

Post by E.R.Hyland » Fri, 25. Feb 11, 05:38

Cockpits in X2 are 3D objects like, well every thing else in the game.

So unless your just planing to change the color of the textures you will need to do more then mess with the .jpg or .tag files.

You need to get the tools the for modding X2, and the knowledge needed to use them.

You have a lot of reading to do, but if you have the drive welcome to the club 8)

KeybdFlyer
x2

Post by KeybdFlyer » Fri, 25. Feb 11, 21:38

Mr.Hyland sir, I'm honoured by your response! (Bows to said person & fires a 21 laser salute). Messing about with the textures would certainly be a start, I have virtually unlimited time to bone-up on the use of modding tools, but unless they're freeware, I doubt I'll be going in that direction. Shame really. as I'd love to give it a go - nothing spectacular, just some simple redesign to suit my own preferences. I might at least have a play around with the textures though - the drilled metal girders really rankle. :roll:

Shadow dream
x3tc

Post by Shadow dream » Sat, 26. Feb 11, 10:03

In fact, a tool called gmax is freeware. you can get it at turbosquid. you just need to register to get an activation-code.
tutorials for the program are there too and I recomend them!

Shadow
Wahre Gentlemen behalten sogar umzingelt von Löwen ihren Leitsatz: Ladies first.
Wann lernt die Gesellschaft endlich, dass Geld erst die Probleme macht, die wir haben?
[ external image ]
Topic - Gallery - Forum - Freiheit

IKCBlade
x3

Post by IKCBlade » Mon, 7. Mar 11, 11:11

I would also suggest Wings3D, a GNU liscence low poly/High detail program as well as GMax.

Zeron-mk7
x3

Post by Zeron-mk7 » Mon, 7. Mar 11, 14:39

IKCBlade wrote:I would also suggest Wings3D, a GNU liscence low poly/High detail program as well as GMax.
But DBOX 2 works only with 3ds Max and Gmax, you can't importing/exporting body and scene files into other 3D softwares.

Return to “X²: The Threat - Scripts and Modding”