Need help with creating cockpit in x2

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X²: The Threat.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

EliteM3
x3tc

Need help with creating cockpit in x2

Post by EliteM3 » Sat, 23. Apr 11, 19:39

Hi, today I'm trying to make cockpit of X shuttle in x2.
when I made it, I don't have indicators, and texture of the cockpit is black, I don't see indicators.

Please help :(

Shadow dream
x3tc

Post by Shadow dream » Sat, 23. Apr 11, 22:03

Indicators = cockpit hud?

Those are Texture 65 and 340. At least this are those I use when creating cockpits. The other interrior textures are well mixed ^^ Gravidar is Texture 66.
Those Textures are not extractable. They are game-created (only replacements can be extracted). So I made my own versions of them and they are 99,9% accurate :)
Download
The Texture 340 here has more settings actualy. Those two are the most important though (own and aim).

A reason why your textures are so dark might be caused by missing brightness setting. You should use a level of about 50.

Shadow
Wahre Gentlemen behalten sogar umzingelt von Löwen ihren Leitsatz: Ladies first.
Wann lernt die Gesellschaft endlich, dass Geld erst die Probleme macht, die wir haben?
[ external image ]
Topic - Gallery - Forum - Freiheit

EliteM3
x3tc

Post by EliteM3 » Sat, 23. Apr 11, 22:34

I'm using 3ds max
I'm not sure how this works, but can you help me how can I use it, if you have.

It is indicator on the ship, not hud.
The indicator in the cockpit is like this
Link: http://img717.imageshack.us/img717/4003 ... reen28.jpg
This cockpit I gave a shot is a ERH's mod.
but I'm trying to create better cockpit for x shuttle

Shadow dream
x3tc

Post by Shadow dream » Sat, 23. Apr 11, 22:46

I'm using gmax :P But basicly the programm is the same...

Ok, those indicatiors you mark on the screen are texture 65. Just get a look at the pictures I linked. You can use them to map the texture in your cockpit. The game will show them exactly as you map them ;) (no need to add them in a mod file!!)
To map you have to use the tools "UVW Map" and "Unwrap UVW". Both are nescesary to 1.) place the texture on a well size on the cockpit and 2.) to place it exactly (not just box-like but edge to edge). Unwrap is used for those indicators too. since they all are on one texture you need this to place the wanted parts at the wanted place :)

The brightness I mentioned should be called "self-illumination"

Shadow
Wahre Gentlemen behalten sogar umzingelt von Löwen ihren Leitsatz: Ladies first.
Wann lernt die Gesellschaft endlich, dass Geld erst die Probleme macht, die wir haben?
[ external image ]
Topic - Gallery - Forum - Freiheit

Zeron-mk7
x3

Post by Zeron-mk7 » Sun, 24. Apr 11, 12:48

I can suggest this (I use this way myself, when add indicators into the ship cockpit):
If you want to add or change other indicators into the ship cockpit, you can simply find into the vanilla ship cockpits part (or into the cockpit scene) necessary indicators, then simply extracted out only indicators, then you can change indicator shape, form as you like.

EliteM3
x3tc

Post by EliteM3 » Tue, 26. Apr 11, 00:32

Zeron-mk7
x3

Post by Zeron-mk7 » Tue, 26. Apr 11, 07:22

I don't quite understand - what you want to do ?
You want to retexture indicator sensors in the cockpit or what ?

EliteM3
x3tc

Post by EliteM3 » Tue, 26. Apr 11, 07:42

You want to retexture indicator sensors in the cockpit?
Yes, that is what I want, so I can see indicator sensors when flying the ship :)

Zeron-mk7
x3

Post by Zeron-mk7 » Tue, 26. Apr 11, 10:17

As i write before, you better used (exported) from vanilla ships cockpit parts, necesary cockpit sensors, it would be much more easiest and faster, than retextured these cockpit sensors.
If you need - ship shield, hull, speed, laser energy, rockets indicator, and SETA indicators, you can found these sensors into the big ships cockpits (Argon M1, M2, TL).
Simply open into 3DS MAX big ship cockpit scene, found part where are these sensors, then open that cockpit sensor part and delete all necesery objects (leave only sensors), and exported it's (export with DBOX 2).
For example - export each sensor as separate part, then add each sensor into your ship cockpit scene.

EliteM3
x3tc

Post by EliteM3 » Tue, 26. Apr 11, 12:33

ok :)
I will try it :)

Return to “X²: The Threat - Scripts and Modding”