-new Script: Xai Corp Advanced Combat Project:V1.57a

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X²: The Threat.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

Azzkicka
x3tc

Post by Azzkicka » Sun, 11. Jul 04, 01:08

What about ships using Marks Patrol and Formation script patrolling sectors... Do i have to re-issue their command too?

Or just the ships that have the Attack all command running?

Kailric
x3

Post by Kailric » Sun, 11. Jul 04, 02:38

Azzkicka wrote:What about ships using Marks Patrol and Formation script patrolling sectors... Do i have to re-issue their command too?

Or just the ships that have the Attack all command running?
NO, don't think so. It don't call the "attack all enemies" command.
"Try not. Do or do not, there is no try."-Yoda

"[Its] time for the human race to enter the solar system"-Dan Quayle

Kailric
x3

Post by Kailric » Sun, 11. Jul 04, 17:08

The is the current working Version.
DOWNLOAD:Xai Corp Advanced AI Project V. 1.57a

New Things and BUG Fixes:
Updates for 1.57a

-I have made a step back to give time to correct any and all problems with 1.58. This version does away with the new Scanning technology but still adds the other features.
........End Patch Report.

I posted my MSN address and will have it on when ever I am codeing...please feel free to drop me a PM!

Greyhawk1
x3tc

Post by Greyhawk1 » Sun, 11. Jul 04, 22:28

Dont know if this has been covered yet but I'm seeing ships that have Ion Disruptors on them but they cant use the weapon. Thats why they only have one gun slot filled. Just saw an Argon Buster with one in the hold. Obviously it cant use this weapon so it only packed one GPAC.

I'm using an older version of the script (v1.55e I think) so this may have been fixed but I thought I'd mention it.

Kailric
x3

Post by Kailric » Sun, 11. Jul 04, 22:45

Greyhawk1 wrote:Dont know if this has been covered yet but I'm seeing ships that have Ion Disruptors on them but they cant use the weapon. Thats why they only have one gun slot filled. Just saw an Argon Buster with one in the hold. Obviously it cant use this weapon so it only packed one GPAC.

I'm using an older version of the script (v1.55e I think) so this may have been fixed but I thought I'd mention it.
Did you happen to check which skill level it was? If you see that again check to see what skill level it is..thanks!!

Greyhawk1
x3tc

Post by Greyhawk1 » Tue, 13. Jul 04, 01:26

You ask - I provide :D -

The offending Argon Buster:

http://gr3yh4wk.50megs.com/images/ionbuster.jpg

Its pilot:

http://gr3yh4wk.50megs.com/images/ionbuster2.jpg

And another culprit - this time a Paranid Nemesis (sorry, didnt get a scanner output)

http://gr3yh4wk.50megs.com/images/ionbuster3.jpg

Kailric
x3

Post by Kailric » Tue, 13. Jul 04, 01:59

Greyhawk1 wrote:You ask - I provide :D -

The offending Argon Buster:

http://gr3yh4wk.50megs.com/images/ionbuster.jpg

Its pilot:

http://gr3yh4wk.50megs.com/images/ionbuster2.jpg

And another culprit - this time a Paranid Nemesis (sorry, didnt get a scanner output)

http://gr3yh4wk.50megs.com/images/ionbuster3.jpg
Ok, heres the deal. Yeah I need to work out the code so that ships that can't use Ions don't get them. I thought the command I was useing wouldn't allow ships to equip it if they couldn't use ions but it does. But still, the extra Ions are only added after the ship is already created and only when it starts to do battle. So each ship has a default loadout already before I ever add anything to it. Ships will spawn with only one laser, I have seen this in testing. If my scripts tell it to install an Ion and it can't equip one, it will just put it in cargo. Also if its cargo is full It want get added to the ship at all. That was a level 4 ship as I figured. What I can do is run a check to see if the ship has two lasers if not then add one, that will help out with that bug or it may be a feature that Ego but in on purpose or if not then this should be reported as a bug in that case. ANd like I said I will eventually redo the code so only ships that can use Ions get to use them.... Thanks for the feedback!!

Greyhawk1
x3tc

Post by Greyhawk1 » Tue, 13. Jul 04, 02:42

No problem! Incidentally, just watched a Split Caiman give a Khaak M3 a run for its money with the Laser Rebalance mod. Got the M3 down to 80% hull which isnt bad for a crappy TS. Fun!

Bobcat
x4

Post by Bobcat » Tue, 13. Jul 04, 13:42

Sorry to butt in but how does the scanner work is it range dependent or can you scan the current target?

Thanks.

Kailric
x3

Post by Kailric » Tue, 13. Jul 04, 14:55

Bobcat wrote:Sorry to butt in but how does the scanner work is it range dependent or can you scan the current target?

Thanks.
If you are refereing to the Subspace scanner there are two commands, one that will scan a traget up to 3000m, and the other scans 5 targets up to 3000m away.

The Xai reports on your own ships have no range limit.

Kailric
x3

Post by Kailric » Sun, 18. Jul 04, 18:59

The next version is in the works, but untill then the 1.57a works fine with the 1.4 patch if any care to use it.

Just an update on what I have changed....
The Subspace scanner is going obsolete and being replaced by a pilot recorded scanner...which will work as follows...

Ships will have their new load outs at the start of the game and when ever they are created so you will be able to tell what is aboard them with a normal frieght scanner. When ship or ships are scanned you will here a sound but no message will be displayed as before. But now when you press "i" for info the name of the pilot will be change to reflect its level and number of kills as follows....

before scan:
Jane Doe

After scan:
Jane Doe -Veteran- [8]

Also the name of the ship will change as follows

before:
Argon Nova

after scan:
Argon Nova [V]

where V is for veteran

...to be continued :)

djssuk
x3tc

Post by djssuk » Tue, 20. Jul 04, 13:30

Sounds good to me.

I for one am looking forward to the new version to go hand in hand with the new patch and the big mod.

Keep it coming...

Carl Sumner
x4

Post by Carl Sumner » Tue, 20. Jul 04, 22:49

My Xai combat scripts seem to be running fine under X2 V1.4. I did not remove them before patching, but I did turn off the combat commands and MkIII traders before patching.

The question is: Did I overwrite any of your Xai script files when I patched X2? Do I still need to remove the Xai scripts and re-apply them?

Thanks. :)
Tinker

"If engineers built buildings the way programmers write programs, the first woodpecker that came along would destroy civilization!"

Kailric
x3

Post by Kailric » Tue, 20. Jul 04, 23:36

Carl Sumner wrote:My Xai combat scripts seem to be running fine under X2 V1.4. I did not remove them before patching, but I did turn off the combat commands and MkIII traders before patching.

The question is: Did I overwrite any of your Xai script files when I patched X2? Do I still need to remove the Xai scripts and re-apply them?

No to both questions. I will have a new update sometime this week, so look for that :)

Carl Sumner
x4

Post by Carl Sumner » Thu, 22. Jul 04, 22:15

Kailric wrote:
Carl Sumner wrote:My Xai combat scripts seem to be running fine under X2 V1.4. I did not remove them before patching, but I did turn off the combat commands and MkIII traders before patching.

No to both questions. I will have a new update sometime this week, so look for that :)
Thanks Kailric, good work. :D
Tinker

"If engineers built buildings the way programmers write programs, the first woodpecker that came along would destroy civilization!"

Kailric
x3

Post by Kailric » Thu, 22. Jul 04, 23:44

I have changed quite a few things and gotten the know bugs worked out. I am currently testing the combat model with 1.4 and seeing what adjustments can be made to the Xai ACP. I have added the Pirate Ship and the Split Iquana to the list of ships that gain xp to see how well they do in battle, if they do well they may be akin to a "mini M6" :). I have adjusted the Ion swap skill also to work better. I will continue testing the rest of this week and should have the next update by the first of next week as I don't have as much time to work on it as I use too of late.

~Kailric

marklaverty
x2

Post by marklaverty » Thu, 5. Aug 04, 11:45

bump :wink:
For everything you ever wanted to know about X2,
and more......

[ external image ]

Shrap
x2

Post by Shrap » Thu, 10. Mar 05, 20:46

"Just copy the files in this patch into their respected folders. MWM patch"

What is MWM?

Carl Sumner
x4

Post by Carl Sumner » Sun, 13. Mar 05, 23:32

This thread is no longer valid. See the first message. 8)
Tinker

Return to “X²: The Threat - Scripts and Modding”